Official- In Draft Thread

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Minny has a good argument but Addison is young and Darnold is shaky so they might rush JJ out which would scare me if I were a fan of theirs.

DJ/Keenan are dudes who elevate their QBs just like Jefferson is. Clearly Jefferson is better than each of them but having BOTH of them is clearly better.

Addison vs Rome - Rome was drafted higher in a better wr draft, give me Rome.

Hockenson vs Kmet/Everett - Cole and TJ are roughly the same tier with TJ being a little more talented - once again the depth of our room makes our offense more dynamic.

Swift/Herbert/RoJo vs Jones/Chandler - wash

O'Connell vs Waldron - close to a wash with a slight edge to KOC

Basically the combo of top end talent and depth we have is absurd.
you called Addison young and Rome hasn’t even played an NFL snap yet. hmmmm

and we weren’t talking about the QBs themselves, just the supporting cast. Why are you talking about JJ and Darnold?

i think it’s pretty even but MIN bas O Connell which is a big advantage imo.

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
I am probably in a minority here but I think Rome was a luxury pick despite other pressing needs. Don't mistake me. He is awesome and was probably bpa..

But Bears already had Moore, Allen, Kmet and Everett for pass catching. When Falcons shocked the world by drafting Penix, Bears should have leveraged the expected QB panic run and traded down with either the Broncos (#12) or Raiders (#13) and then drafted either Latu or Turner or Murphy. Even if they did want to go offense, then they should have drafted an OT or Bowers at 12 or 13. And the extra pick or picks could have been handy in Day 2.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am probably in a minority here but I think Rome was a luxury pick despite other pressing needs. Don't mistake me. He is awesome and was probably bpa..

But Bears already had Moore, Allen, Kmet and Everett for pass catching. When Falcons shocked the world by drafting Penix, Bears should have leveraged the expected QB panic run and traded down with either the Broncos (#12) or Raiders (#13) and then drafted either Latu or Turner or Murphy. Even if they did want to go offense, then they should have drafted an OT or Bowers at 12 or 13. And the extra pick or picks could have been handy in Day 2.

Odunze was generally considered a top 5 player in the draft across multiple sites and talent evaluators. Don't pass up on top 5 talent that you can get at 9, especially when it is also aligns with both positional value and need.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You’re not egregiously wrong or anything… I get what you mean and it’s kind of why I expected Poles to do something else even though I was PRAYING for a WR.

But, he was probably BPA (some would say Bowers) and he will be a need in a year or two. It’s a great setup to learn from Keenan and he can be the X receiver right away and a great red zone target.

In the top 10, I just can’t stray too far from BPA.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mentioned Purdy and Mahomes but the only other situation that comes to mind is Herbert - he had Allen, Hunter Henry, Mike Williams and Ekler.

Feel free to name comparable situations.
Let's leave out a long history and just look at today's starters. Mahomes, Love, Jackson, Prescott, Stroud, Flacco. Hurts, Wilson.

Is J.J. McCarthy worse off than CW this year?

CW is definitely in the best position for 1st pick history as far as I can recall but his overall situation is not unique overall. It became more so after he was selected with the Odunze pick but this O has done jack so far.