dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would be happy with this. Has Bears getting Georgia Center Sedric Van Pran at #75.

Some guys they have going after the #75 that i would also take at #75 over Van Pran.

Mohammed Kamara - Edge, Colorado St
Austin Booker - Edge, Kansas

Some guys i'd want that went just before pick #75 that i'd like.

#70 - Maason Smith - DT, LSU
#71 - Adisa Issac - Edge, Penn State
#74 - Bradon Dorlus - DE/3T, Oregon

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You’re not egregiously wrong or anything… I get what you mean and it’s kind of why I expected Poles to do something else even though I was PRAYING for a WR.

But, he was probably BPA (some would say Bowers) and he will be a need in a year or two. It’s a great setup to learn from Keenan and he can be the X receiver right away and a great red zone target.

In the top 10, I just can’t stray too far from BPA.
Nobody but CCS felt Bowers was the boa there and it was proven. Hell, a TE desperate team passed on him even lower.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody but CCS felt Bowers was the boa there and it was proven. Hell, a TE desperate team passed on him even lower.
Yea, I won't get hung up trying to debate it, but I think a piece that factors there is positional importance too. WRs just carry a lot of value in the NFL. Bowers should definitely be a monster relative to his position though (say top 3 TE?), but a possible WR1 is really hard to get.

Like most fans, I couldn't be happier with how it worked out for us.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
in regards to Williams and Odunze, one of them is going to bust, better pray it's not Williams
Three times the Bears have had drafts with two picks in the top 10, 1965, 1979, and yesterday, in those first two drafts of the four players drafted three are in the HOF, and one was a very good player. I like the Bears odds.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I am probably in a minority here but I think Rome was a luxury pick despite other pressing needs. Don't mistake me. He is awesome and was probably bpa..

But Bears already had Moore, Allen, Kmet and Everett for pass catching. When Falcons shocked the world by drafting Penix, Bears should have leveraged the expected QB panic run and traded down with either the Broncos (#12) or Raiders (#13) and then drafted either Latu or Turner or Murphy. Even if they did want to go offense, then they should have drafted an OT or Bowers at 12 or 13. And the extra pick or picks could have been handy in Day 2.

And if 32 year old often injured 1yr contract Allen isn't around next year you'll be drafting a WR based on need where ever we land in the draft and starting him as a rookie.

It wasn't a luxury move, it was a chess move planned 3 moves ahead. It was exactly the type of pure BPA move people like to push when they can rationalize the player they want being the BPA. Except there is some need getting a great WR prospect along with your great QB prospect.
If I had to guess I'd say your want was defense with #9 and you're just rationalizing why that would've been a better move.

The bad thing is both expensive contracts will come due at the same time. That would be a reason to trade down. But that's a problem for Future Poles to worry about.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if 32 year old often injured 1yr contract Allen isn't around next year you'll be drafting a WR based on need where ever we land in the draft and starting him as a rookie.

It wasn't a luxury move, it was a chess move planned 3 moves ahead. It was exactly the type of pure BPA move people like to push when they can rationalize the player they want being the BPA. Except there is some need getting a great WR prospect along with your great QB prospect.
If I had to guess I'd say your want was defense with #9 and you're just rationalizing why that would've been a better move

The bad thing is both expensive contracts will come due at the same time. That would be a reason to trade down. But that's a problem for Future Poles to worry about.
this, I agree with

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am probably in a minority here but I think Rome was a luxury pick despite other pressing needs. Don't mistake me. He is awesome and was probably bpa..

But Bears already had Moore, Allen, Kmet and Everett for pass catching. When Falcons shocked the world by drafting Penix, Bears should have leveraged the expected QB panic run and traded down with either the Broncos (#12) or Raiders (#13) and then drafted either Latu or Turner or Murphy. Even if they did want to go offense, then they should have drafted an OT or Bowers at 12 or 13. And the extra pick or picks could have been handy in Day 2.
Was not a luxury pick. Allen will be gone in 1-3 years. AND what this does for Caleb? It shows him we have his back. He and Rome are buddies, been hanging, and when Caleb tells you, "Man, it'd be great if you could get Rome," and you do? That fills him with excitement, energy, and hope. Not to mention, Rome is a great WR. Elite. This is NOT a luxury pick. This was THE pick at #9. Glad the Bears had the balls to make it. Every evaluation I've seen gave us "A" on both picks. Some "A+".

baredown

Liked Posts:
Three times the Bears have had drafts with two picks in the top 10, 1965, 1979, and yesterday, in those first two drafts of the four players drafted three are in the HOF, and one was a very good player. I like the Bears odds.
Just for the sake of accuracy, the 1965 Bears draft:

#3 - Butkus
#4 - Sayers
#6 - Steve Delong

Still, two out of three into the HoF isn't too shabby....

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Receivers are flying off the board.