Official- In Draft Thread

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Why would that affect your view on the QB decision? Srs question.
Raised the floor of the offense to the point that I don't fear that we're going to suck next year and fire Flus and start all over next year.

Poles threaded the needle and this is the greatest QB development nest outside of what Mahomes had and what Purdy had. Bears ain't Bearsing this one.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Raised the floor of the offense to the point that I don't fear that we're going to suck next year and fire Flus and start all over next year.

Poles threaded the needle and this is the greatest QB development nest outside of what Mahomes had and what Purdy had. Bears ain't Bearsing this one.
MIN has a great support system as well. Maybe better?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's not even close to that. It is true for the #1 pick but lots of QBs chosen later have walked into clearly better development situations like being able to sit and watch for a period or simply getting drafted by a playoff team with more established coaching and offenses. We had our own 9th pick this year (bottom 3rd of the league) and the only significant adds before the draft were an OK center plus a better RB and top WR to replace a proven starters.

Fans are extrapolating the best ever situation for the #1 pick into something it isn't. I'm not trying to rain on this parade but just adding a bit of perspective.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears truly did a solid for Fields. With the ridiculous run on QBs - 6 in the first 12 picks. If they had held on until today.. they could have easily gotten a 3rd or maybe a late 2nd from someone like Raiders or Cowboys..
Why Cowboys?

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
MIN has a great support system as well. Maybe better?
Minny has a good argument but Addison is young and Darnold is shaky so they might rush JJ out which would scare me if I were a fan of theirs.

DJ/Keenan are dudes who elevate their QBs just like Jefferson is. Clearly Jefferson is better than each of them but having BOTH of them is clearly better.

Addison vs Rome - Rome was drafted higher in a better wr draft, give me Rome.

Hockenson vs Kmet/Everett - Cole and TJ are roughly the same tier with TJ being a little more talented - once again the depth of our room makes our offense more dynamic.

Swift/Herbert/RoJo vs Jones/Chandler - wash

O'Connell vs Waldron - close to a wash with a slight edge to KOC

Basically the combo of top end talent and depth we have is absurd.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
It's not even close to that. It is true for the #1 pick but lots of QBs chosen later have walked into clearly better development situations like being able to sit and watch for a period or simply getting drafted by a playoff team with more established coaching and offenses. We had our own 9th pick this year (bottom 3rd of the league) and the only significant adds before the draft were an OK center plus a better RB and top WR to replace a proven starters.

Fans are extrapolating the best ever situation for the #1 pick into something it isn't. I'm not trying to rain on this parade but just adding a bit of perspective.
I mentioned Purdy and Mahomes but the only other situation that comes to mind is Herbert - he had Allen, Hunter Henry, Mike Williams and Ekler.

Feel free to name comparable situations.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We certainly can't say this Bears' QB isn't set up for success. Bears gonna have one of the very best WR corps in the league.
on paper yes, problem with paper is injury's have'nt entered the picture yet

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
on paper yes, problem with paper is injury's have'nt entered the picture yet
Let me show you the Bears depth chart and why it won’t matter if they have injuries

Williams: HOF’er
Bagent: borderline all-pro
Swift—Barry Sanders 2.0
Johnson—a superior Ronnie Harmon
Kmet—one of the GOATs at TE
Everett—another Antonio Gates
DJ Moore—Jerry Rice cant hold his jockstrap
Allen— Slot WR GOAT
Rome—Randy Moss 2.0
Tyler Scott—Antonio Brown without the headache
Dante Pettit—perennial pro bowler
Velus Jones—Devin Hester

Injuries won’t matter. Thanks.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me show you the Bears depth chart and why it won’t matter if they have injuries

Williams: HOF’er
Bagent: borderline all-pro
Swift—Barry Sanders 2.0
Johnson—a superior Ronnie Harmon
Kmet—one of the GOATs at TE
Everett—another Antonio Gates
DJ Moore—Jerry Rice cant hold his jockstrap
Allen— Slot WR GOAT
Rome—Randy Moss 2.0
Tyler Scott—Antonio Brown without the headache
Dante Pettit—perennial pro bowler
Velus Jones—Devin Hester

Injuries won’t matter. Thanks.
pass moron and collect your 200

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Seriously? The Bears got the consensus #1 QB and one of the 3 consensus top 3 WRs.
And you think they should've traded down from that???

There is no player they would get later in the 1st or with a mid 2nd or mid 3rd that would make it worth trading down. It may come out like that in hind sight but for now, without hind sight, the Bears won the draft.
Absolutely right..............Bears just got two of the top 5 prospects in this draft. Quality over quantity

Reactions: Myk