Official- In Draft Thread

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Dane Brugler had him rated as the # 87 overall prospect, so it is not much of a reach. He is a high quality lump of clay to be formed into an NFL lineman.

Per Brugler: “Amegadjie is a raw prospect who needs technical and strength work before he sees live NFL reps, but his physical ingredients and competitive drive are the foundational elements that pro coaches want to develop. He projects as a backup left tackle as a rookie who has all the tools to gradually develop into an NFL starter.”

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Fuck it, I am

I think we have some people who were in absolute denial for a very long time about Braxton Jones. Jones is a very good success story and did really well in developing to the point he's gotten to from where he was selected.

But he is still weak against the bull rush and they drafted a project left tackle who has the size profile somewhat similar to a Jason Peters with athletic traits.

He looks the part of a left tackle. I say they give this kid a year to develop and Jones holds down the fort this year starting. If this kid fulfills his potential then Jones will be made a swing tackle in 2025 and everyone will be where they should be
So let me get this straight, the guy who played at Yale and is being called a project sits for a year and then you happily replace a guy who gave up 2 sacks IN THE ACTUAL FUCKING NFL (with a 93% pass block win rate) with ivy league nerd next year based on the quick Google search you just did of him? Very cool 😎

Last edited:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Marshawn Lloyd to the cheese turds

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of the new look?

I don't get all the Flus hate around here.
*Player morale is at an extremely high level for a team that has not been winning. He survived tanking a season and still had the players believing
*Our young d players have developed extremely fast and almost all are playing up to their potential.
*The play calling got so much better once he took over.

He is not here for his oratory skills in press conferences. Maybe he is a dork but he is excelling at the 3 most important aspects of the job. People act like he violated them personally.

You have a lot of fans who either wanted Jim Harbaugh so he could draft JJ McCarthy and run the ball 50 times a game or Ben Johnson who O was manhandled by Flus' D for all but 2 minutes in 2 games.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dane Brugler had him rated as the # 87 overall prospect, so it is not much of a reach. He is a high quality lump of clay to be formed into an NFL lineman.

Per Brugler: “Amegadjie is a raw prospect who needs technical and strength work before he sees live NFL reps, but his physical ingredients and competitive drive are the foundational elements that pro coaches want to develop. He projects as a backup left tackle as a rookie who has all the tools to gradually develop into an NFL starter.”
It's not much of a reach on Dane Bruglers board who does youtube videos. If you've been watching this whole draft you'll notice that just like every draft there's players that all these "draft experts" had going early that are still undrafted.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@dennehy kind of surprised that Lb Marist Latifu went before 100. Seems like a massive reach to me

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of the new look?

I don't get all the Flus hate around here.
*Player morale is at an extremely high level for a team that has not been winning. He survived tanking a season and still had the players believing
*Our young d players have developed extremely fast and almost all are playing up to their potential.
*The play calling got so much better once he took over.

He is not here for his oratory skills in press conferences. Maybe he is a dork but he is excelling at the 3 most important aspects of the job. People act like he violated them personally.
Let me know when he actually learns how to manage the clock and make the appropriate in-game decisions. He is fucking clueless at that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not sure your point.

Who are you claiming was available that isn't a developmental guy?
Show me where i claimed that? You can't and once again making shit up. There is players sitting there at a position of need that could actually help us next year though instead of waiting one or two years for a tackle to hopefully develop.