Official- In Draft Thread

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Fuck it, I am

I think we have some people who were in absolute denia
l for a very long time about Braxton Jones. Jones is a very good success story and did really well in developing to the point he's gotten to from where he was selected.

But he is still weak against the bull rush and they drafted a project left tackle who has the size profile somewhat similar to a Jason Peters with athletic traits.

He looks the part of a left tackle. I say they give this kid a year to develop and Jones holds down the fort this year starting. If this kid fulfills his potential then Jones will be made a swing tackle in 2025 and everyone will be where they should be
Oh, do tell

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Show me where i claimed that? You can't and once again making shit up. There is players sitting there at a position of need that could actually help us next year though instead of waiting one or two years for a tackle to hopefully develop.

1: There were

2: Swing tackle and OL depth doesn’t help next year?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We have Montez Sweat to sack the QB and his best ever season of 9 sacks, until 2023 where he split between Wash and the Bears and nobody else legit to get to the QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Show me where i claimed that? You can't and once again making shit up. There is players sitting there at a position of need that could actually help us next year though instead of waiting one or two years for a tackle to hopefully dedevelop.

You said you don't like taking developmental guys in the 3rd. I am saying most guys in the 3rd are developmental guys. That is why they are available in the 3rd.

Again who are these players you are referring to? Give me a name. And how do you know Kirin doesn't help us next year? You guaranteeing Jones and Wright play 100% of snaps next year?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
1: There were

2: Swing tackle and OL depth doesn’t help next year?
He needs to be developed so no he doesn't help next year. He would actually hurt us if he had to play more than help us.

What else?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have Montez Sweat to sack the QB and his best ever season of 9 sacks, until 2023 where he split between Wash and the Bears and nobody else legit to get to the QB.

Who is legit in the 3rd round that you guaranteeing is better than DeMarcus Walker?

Canth

Liked Posts:
You said you don't like taking developmental guys in the 3rd. I am saying most guys in the 3rd are developmental guys. That is why they are available in the 3rd.

Again who are these players you are referring to. Give me a name. And how do you know Kirin doesn't help us next year? You guaranteeing Jones and Wright play 100% of snaps next year?

I am certainly happy to see another player for the OL. This offseason was all about getting Caleb Williams and setting him up for success. Depth along the OL is absolutely worthwhile in that endeavor.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Watching the 2nd City dudes and Infante just realized Doug Kramer and Amegadjie went to high school tegether. I think Kramer was a senior when he was a freshman.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Show me where i claimed that? You can't and once again making shit up. There is players sitting there at a position of need that could actually help us next year though instead of waiting one or two years for a tackle to hopefully develop.
He can play G right away and fans overvalue 3rd round talent every year. This is a soft draft outside QB WR and OL. Poles was likely aware of this a year ago and has already used this draft for 3 starters if you include Sweat. This guy projects to the 4th in 2025 if not sooner considering our current Gs. Poles' hole plugging appears far enough along to not be sacrificing talent where it will be needed a year down the line. Jenkins is not signed past this year and Davis has an easy out at that time as well.

Last edited: