Official Jorge Soler Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
After we get some money off the books and if Theo is truly in charge of the spending we should be able to absorb that kind of money.

I'd absolutely HATE it if we passed on this guy and he turns out to be a stud just for a couple more million per year.

I think you just flipped me, i didnt look at it from that angle.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm hearing that Boston wants compensation from whoever signs Soler. :shifty:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
^You could call it that

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think at the end it'll be down to the Cubs, Phills, Yanks and Red Sox.... with the Cubs offiering 30 million-ish and takin' control of him.

The final 2 will be the Yanks and Cubs... Theo can't let Cashman win.

The White Sox have a lot of interest, but I can't see them going that high. If they do, props to Williams and Reins.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think at the end it'll be down to the Cubs, Phills, Yanks and Red Sox.... with the Cubs offiering 30 million-ish and takin' control of him.

The final 2 will be the Yanks and Cubs... Theo can't let Cashman win.

The White Sox have a lot of interest, but I can't see them going that high. If they do, props to Williams and Reins.

so either i will be putting #rickettscheap or #shockingrickettsspends

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
What wins World Series? Players do :)

Ya but when the man spends 300 million dollars on other things for the team that are necessary (ST field and Dominican academy) and lures Epstein from Boston and gives baseball the impression that we are the most dedicated team to winning and then you bitch about him being cheap because he didn't get the free agents you wanted, which was Jed Hoyer's decision, not his, it is pretty ridiculous.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya but when the man spends 300 million dollars on other things for the team that are necessary (ST field and Dominican academy) and lures Epstein from Boston and gives baseball the impression that we are the most dedicated team to winning and then you bitch about him being cheap because he didn't get the free agents you wanted, which was Jed Hoyer's decision, not his, it is pretty ridiculous.

This obviously means that Jed is a bastard.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry but i give that to NYY!!!! They care about winning more cause they spend on that shit + payroll.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Sorry but i give that to NYY!!!! They care about winning more cause they spend on that shit + payroll.

It would have been pretty fucking Special person for the Cubs to skip the rebuilding process and spent big this winter

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Yankees system is in much better shape than the Cubs' at the moment so they can afford to continue to spend since they don't have to do the build/rebuild part. They are, however, trying to cut payroll in advance of the new luxury tax penalties under the new CBA. So even the rich-as-hell Yankees have their limits.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said to skip the rebuilding the farm. They should rebuild the farm and also put in 150 mil payroll for next 4-5 years while there waiting on Theo picks to come. Theo first draft be this year. Takes usually 3-5 years for guys to come up. So we basically have 4 years before we start seeing Theo draft picks. So why not spend for the next 3 years to put competitve team on field while waiting for the young guys to come up. Instead they going cheap now and will for the next 5 years until they see what specs pan or dont pan.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I never said to skip the rebuilding the farm. They should rebuild the farm and also put in 150 mil payroll for next 4-5 years while there waiting on Theo picks to come. Theo first draft be this year. Takes usually 3-5 years for guys to come up. So we basically have 4 years before we start seeing Theo draft picks. So why not spend for the next 3 years to put competitve team on field while waiting for the young guys to come up. Instead they going cheap now and will for the next 5 years until they see what specs pan or dont pan.

Trade players to get closer to MLB prospects and them not block them with FA's obviously.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
D3A were doing it the right way, throwing money into a pit doesn't solve our problem, and you aren't realizing that. Ricketts isn't cheap, he just isn't throwing money into the payroll yet. Why are we gonna spend money on FAs when all they do is block the kids from playing, and even if we did sign the FAs were still not anywhere near a contender for a WS so with your logic, we don't rebuild we spend, wind up either barely making the playoffs or missing them by who knows how much, spend a lot more, have more money problems, and have more positions filled with aging players that won't help us win while the kids sit on the farm and rot away with no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.