OFFICIAL Kicking Thread Watch: Fry(e)* vs. Pineiro

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fry, in this case, is acting as a vowel.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
From other thread:

Today was a previously-approved personal day for Pineiro. It’s why they went out of order the other day and had Pineiro go two days in a row.

Fry today went 10 of 11. Missed fourth kick, then made 7 straight. Don’t know how long the last one was—a few yards shy of 60, I think.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pineiro bread wins due to KOs in the end zone.

A KO return TD cost the Bears a win too.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I just don't want the bears to cut the wrong dude.

Maybe they both have good careers as one of them stated .. don't remember who
the team seemed to rally around Eddy, nobody hangs out with kickers, BTW.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just my two cents from everything I’ve read and seen, Pineiro *may* have a slight edge because he has more pop on his kicks, which could help in the winds of Soldier, but is more erratic and doesn’t have a smooth ball.

Meanwhile, Fry’s kicks literally ALL LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME—straight on, end over end. From OTAs through tranining camp, they say nearly every Fry kick has looked the same. But he doesn’t have quite the power of Pineiro.

That said, Fry *has* hit multiple 60 yarders at camp with rushers coming at him, so how much could his power actually be a liability? And no one disputes that he is slightly more accurate and less erratic than Pineiro.

It’ll probably become apparent over the next several weeks, but even though he’s the underdog, with what we know now, I think I’d go with Fry. Anything under 50 would be automatic, and even anything beyond he’d have a good shot at if he kicks *anything* like at camp. I understand that’s a big if.

Both kickers have put on a clinic in camp and hardly missed at all.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just my two cents from everything I’ve read and seen, Pineiro *may* have a slight edge because he has more pop on his kicks, which could help in the winds of Soldier, but is more erratic and doesn’t have a smooth ball.

Meanwhile, Fry’s kicks literally ALL LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME—straight on, end over end. From OTAs through tranining camp, they say nearly every Fry kick has looked the same. But he doesn’t have quite the power of Pineiro.

That said, Fry *has* hit multiple 60 yarders at camp with rushers coming at him, so how much could his power actually be a liability? And no one disputes that he is slightly more accurate and less erratic than Pineiro.

It’ll probably become apparent over the next several weeks, but even though he’s the underdog, with what we know now, I think I’d go with Fry. Anything under 50 would be automatic, and even anything beyond he’d have a good shot at if he kicks *anything* like at camp. I understand that’s a big if.

If this is true, I'd take accuracy and consistency over power all day long.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Great post. I've been clamoring for Fry ever since the AAF folded.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Great post. I've been clamoring for Fry ever since the AAF folded.
I wish that would have lasted longer. Was cool having someone to pull for in the offseason. Cool seeing Fry potentially make the Bears though.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Eddy wears his helmet on the top of his head and even makes the same faces as Cutler. The silhouette of Fry reminds me more of Gould so he is my pick.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

How can you say Fry is more accurate when they've both hardly missed???