***OFFICIAL*** Montgomery is gonna be a beast

Bust

Liked Posts:
Montgomery was overdrafted as a need position back in the day when howard was let go for a bag of rocks cause Nagy wanted a more versatile back catching the ball. Yet Monty is rarely used in the pass game. The way you burn a heavy pass rush is a well timed screen pass but the Bears rarely set Monty up in this fashion. Just poor playcalling, coaching

msadows

Liked Posts:
Montgomery was overdrafted as a need position back in the day when howard was let go for a bag of rocks cause Nagy wanted a more versatile back catching the ball. Yet Monty is rarely used in the pass game. The way you burn a heavy pass rush is a well timed screen pass but the Bears rarely set Monty up in this fashion. Just poor playcalling, coaching

How was monty overdrafted? He was ranked as the 2nd/3rd back in nearly every mock.

I wasn't a big fan of him because he wasn't explosive, but I'm not sure where people get some of the narratives they spew on this website.

I agree with you about the rest. They severely underutilize him in the passing game. He has great hands for the position. The guy should be running wheel routes and texas routes every other passing play. We saw it in that Tampa game and haven't seen a wheel route since. Pathetic.

The guy isn't special, but he's pretty ideal for a WCO. Issue is nagy misused him. You draft a guy who's capable of being a pass catching threat and decide to sit him on the bench half the game.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been brutal at playing the correct players. Graham, Coward, Patterson, Massie all way too many reps, blocking younger and better players. He thinks of players as toys.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been brutal at playing the correct players. Graham, Coward, Patterson, Massie all way too many reps, blocking younger and better players. He thinks of players as toys.

The fact he pulls graham out on 3rd downs and red zone plays is a head scratcher for me. Those are the plays he should 100% always be in on.

Even though patterson had a decent game this sunday, it pissed me off that they gave monty 6 fucking carries in the 2nd half after having a good first half. He's a clown.

Bust

Liked Posts:

it's due to his heavy reliance on scripts...

Like a given player can burst a 12 yard play then immediately be taken out cause the down and distance requires him to be off the field. Can't build a sweat or set a guy up in front of you.

5-11 boys

dennehy

Liked Posts:
it's due to his heavy reliance on scripts...

Like a given player can burst a 12 yard play then immediately be taken out cause the down and distance requires him to be off the field. Can't build a sweat or set a guy up in front of you.

5-11 boys
With the skill players, not with OL. Running Coward out there was awful, running him out there at RT was criminal.