***OFFICIAL*** Montgomery is gonna be a beast

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
The OL matters. Look at Emmitt Smith. Good but not great RB with the most dominant OL of all time = beats Walter's record. Still kills me.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
NO. WE MUST DRAFT A FIRST ROUND RB SO HE CAN SUCK BEHIND THIS LINE TOO!

do you exaggerate everything to make your point seem more valid? I never said they should draft an rb in the first round lol.

they can probably find an undrafted RB that can give them more than Monty. There are Myles gaskins in every draft. With a new GM Monty is as good as gone or in a reserve role so I’m not worried at all. I don’t need to get in pissing matches for things that time will play out in my favor anyway.. lol.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, mostert has 388 yards this season, so I have no idea what you are smoking.

msadows

Liked Posts:
do you exaggerate everything to make your point seem more valid? I never said they should draft an rb in the first round lol.

they can probably find an undrafted RB that can give them more than Monty. There are Myles gaskins in every draft

No, no they can't.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
One leads the league in ypc for basically two seasons in a row and the other last in the league two seasons in a row. If you think that’s strictly due to coaching, you are beyond saving and it’s not worth discussing further.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Myles Gaskin = 24.2 rushes per broken tackle.

David Montgomery = 8.0 rushes per broken tackle.

Yea, I guess if you want our rush attack to be even worse, we could start a Myles Gaskins.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Bro, myles gaskin is averaging 3.9YPC....

what is wrong with you.

we can agree to disagree. There’s nothing special about Montgomery, imo.

The most objective thing is what the new GM does with him. If he’s good he’ll stick around, if he’s not he won’t.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Myles Gaskin = 24.2 rushes per broken tackle.

David Montgomery = 8.0 rushes per broken tackle.

Yea, I guess if you want our rush attack to be even worse, we could start a Myles Gaskins.

okay, there are James Robinson’s in every draft. Don’t sell me on the Jags having a great play caller or great O line..lol

msadows

Liked Posts:
One leads the league in ypc for basically two seasons in a row and the other last in the league two seasons in a row. If you think that’s strictly due to coaching, you are beyond saving and it’s not worth discussing further.

Yes, it is.

You mean the same system that turned a 6th round pick into an all pro?

Or the same system that turned another 6th round pick into a pro bowler?

Or the same system that turned a 4th round pick into a pro bowler?

Matt Breida was a beast in SF too, what has he done in Miami?

Do yourself a favor, and read up on history before posting:

msadows

Liked Posts:
we can agree to disagree. There’s nothing special about Montgomery, imo.

The most objective thing is what the new GM does with him. If he’s good he’ll stick around, if he’s not he won’t.

Except for the fact he's got exceptional contact balance, which is what the best backs in the league all possess. Okay.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pretty much any RB that Shanny touches becomes a star.

Look up his rush attacks for every offense he or his dad have lead over the last few decades.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
They are 5th in adjusted line yards. We are 21st.

You do the math.

i get that it’s a team sport but the two aren’t mutually exclusive. The bears can be a shit show and still also upgrade at RB. It’s clear he’s not a play maker that can get you big chunks, and for a team that won’t have elite QB play anytime soon and is about to lose its best WR I’d like to think they prioritize the RB position just a little bit more than just the SLOWEST starting RB in the league currently. Just my opinion.

i mean, do you really think that a different play caller will suddenly make him more decisive or hit the hole faster? I don’t see it.

I’d love to keep him as a complimentary back, but the Bears need a feature back. Their own kamara, cook, McCaffrey, Chubb or Robinson. I wouldn’t burn a 1st but maybe a 3rd for would be in play for me or even a trade possibility for someone (Chubb?)

they can go QB-OL-RB first 3 picks and come back significantly improved next year.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The OL matters. Look at Emmitt Smith. Good but not great RB with the most dominant OL of all time = beats Walter's record. Still kills me.
Yep, I would have been much more OK had Sanders done it

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
You mean....like David Montgomery? WTF.

He's 3rd in the league in broken tackles. Only guys ahead of him are dalvin cook and Derick Henry. Issue is he's got the 2nd lowest yards before contact in the league.

It's like some people don't even watch the games, lol.

Yes, just like David Montgomery. That was my point.
?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
You interpret the 2nd lowest yards before contact as bad o line play, and I view it as a bad o+Line play plus a super slow RB. If it was Monty who got hurt and Cohen who stayed healthy the bears would be way better off as a team despite the shitty o line play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You interpret the 2nd lowest yards before contact as bad o line play, and I view it as a bad o+Line play plus a super slow RB. If it was Monty who got hurt and Cohen who stayed healthy the bears would be way better off as a team despite the shitty o line play.

No. It's bad oline play.

Sorry, but he's getting tackled before the LOS plenty. Is that the RB's fault now?

Jesus, some people on here....

Almost like every game he plays well the oline actually holds its blocks and creates some holes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying monty is amazing or anything, I wasn't high on him during the draft process.

But thinking he's the problem in the run game is astonishing after the trash you've seen on the OL this year.

Would I love a more explosive back? Sure. Do I think it would make a difference? No, I KNOW it wont make a difference. Unless you have a generational back they aren't improving this running game drastically running behind a bunch of bums.

When you can't get blocks on the first level, much less the second level, you have zero chance of success in the running game. Our skill position players are terrible run blockers, we have no chance at being explosive in the run game due to it.

Look at the good teams running the ball and they have fantastic blockers at TE/WR.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I suggest the people in here who think monty is terrible watch this video:

It's sad when a chap from across the pond knows more about football than some here.