*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did the Bears let the ginger haired Tabor go in the first place? Thought he did well here plus he did alright when he was the acting HC for the one game. If it's not broke why fix it?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why did the Bears let the ginger haired Tabor go in the first place? Thought he did well here plus he did alright when he was the acting HC for the one game. If it's not broke why fix it?

Two reasons.

1. They wanted every coach out of here.
2. He had no guarantees he would be the ST coach at the time and had a guaranteed job. Bears did right by him to let him grab the sure thing.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy stole this too. Nothing about homie was authentic

Nagy was a total con artist.

This is what I think a lot of people who are mad they don't know most of these coaches' names don't understand.

Even if all of them end up only being average NFL coaches, that already would be a tremendous improvement over what we had in Nagy, and it's far far more important to have Poles and company procure talent and be excellent at what they do, than to flip it and have the coaches be excellent but the front office be only average.

You can win a Super bowl with average coaches but excellent talent. You'll be hard-pressed to win one with excellent coaches but average talent.

Canth

Liked Posts:
And a follow up on that Jason Lieser "joke" about missing the HITS system. That right there is why I normally don't bother with the Sun Times or the Tribune. They are cynical, lazy writers. Because they don't personally buy into any system as "they have heard it all before", they assume that any system is bs.

Clearly, the actual players think otherwise and they connected with Eberflus, his messaging, and his system. I will be very interested to see how the Bears players buy into his system...and which ones don't that they get rid of.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And a follow up on that Jason Lieser "joke" about missing the HITS system. That right there is why I normally don't bother with the Sun Times or the Tribune. They are cynical, lazy writers. Because they don't personally buy into any system as "they have heard it all before", they assume that any system is bs.

Clearly, the actual players think otherwise and they connected with Eberflus, his messaging, and his system. I will be very interested to see how the Bears players buy into his system...and which ones don't that they get rid of.

Honestly? A lot of it is revenge of the nerds type bullshit.

A lot of the language these coaches speak helps jocks digest what they are getting across and keeps things as simplified as possible while getting the main message across.

Then on the journalism side you have a bunch of these nerds who think they're smarter than everyone else in the room, who work in a profession where narcissism is almost a requirement, and they end up shit talking all this stuff that if they were in any sort of sport growing up and weren't The waterboy, they would know is common in a lot of coaching circles and in how coaches choose to convey information.

I'll bet you a lot of former players have no problems with HITS because they've had something similar when they were playing for something or other.

It's part of the reason I shit on journalists so much. They are supposed to be conveying the information from the sport and helping to translate it for the common fan. Instead, they shit on everything they don't like and then try to get a rise out of people for easy and lazy articles.

And when you question them on that, out comes the self-righteous narcissism....

Rise

Liked Posts:
If Smith Schuster is healed up I'd be all for signing him. Give him a 2 year deal and draft a WR in the 2nd

Would fit the budget. I still believe Allen Robinson can be an asset and he is healthy so I would keep him if the price is right.