Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd love one of the top WRs but Evan Neal at LT would be pretty amazing. But I also don't see the giants trading their 1st for just a 1st next year.
agreed. That speculation is off. I'm sure they'd want more than a straight swap.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one, that imagines a Shawshank Redemption for the CLE QB debacle?

Deshaun does his bid only to find that the outside ( shitty Cleveland ) isn't as nice as his former cage. He finds his old friend has carved "So was Baker" right next to "Manziel was here" on the wooden top of his locker. And in a spectacular change of heart – he sets on a quest to reunite with Mayfield on a beautiful Mexican beach – leaving Cleveland to draft Desmond Ridder.

-------------------------------------------------Browns QB
Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man Insane.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Of course we all know that.

Y'all need to stop taking it so serious - we're just fucking around and having fun.
I think you're being generous with "all". There's enough people on Twitter that think they're going to trade a 2023 1st for the 7th pick this year, I'm sure there's plenty of overlap here.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they are valued 1 round behind because of the concept of time value. A first rounder today has more value because that player will get a year of development under his belt before next year's first rounder is drafted.

So using the draft value chart, with the 7th pick this year worth 1500, Bears would need to give up something like both their 2nd rounders this year and a first next year to match the value of the 7th pick. Maybe you could argue with the Giants being the ones pushing this that they may take less value and do a 2nd and 3rd this year with a 1st next year.

Believe it or not, I’ve never actually heard that explanation of time value. Do you have a source?

I’ve been looking and can’t find much of anything. I’ve only ever heard draftniks say future picks are one round less and assumed why.

Liked Posts:
Believe it or not, I’ve never actually heard that explanation of time value. Do you have a source?

I’ve been looking and can’t find much of anything. I’ve only ever heard draftniks say future picks are one round less and assumed why.
Same concept as time value of money…..

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I mean, yeah, that Pickens connection is pretty thin. But I think he would be a fantastic pick, pending how his injury has healed and if he can learn not to be an immature ass at times that cost his team.

He is an alpha WR. Watched all of his games. That comparison to Brandon Marshall is pretty spot-on. I think Fields would thrive on that and he would be a nice complement to Mooney.

Bell reminds me of Arob. Wouldn’t hate that pick in the 3rd.
I really don't see a lot of Robinson's game in Bell. Where Robinson is one of the best in the league on 50/50 balls, Bell's game is his route running and getting instant separation. Bell also makes people miss in the open field, where he forced a missed tackle more than once for every four catches he made. That is not Robinson's game.

Because of a poor combine where Bell ran a 4.65 forty he will fall into the draft, probably into the third round where he would be a great value pick.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
can you just convert a TE to WR? asking for everyone involved, because I find it inexcusable this guy sits behind Kmet on the depth chart.
Did we sign Jesse James and I missed it?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I really don't see a lot of Robinson's game in Bell. Where Robinson is one of the best in the league on 50/50 balls, Bell's game is his route running and getting instant separation. Bell also makes people miss in the open field, where he forced a missed tackle more than once for every four catches he made. That is not Robinson's game.

Because of a poor combine where Bell ran a 4.65 forty he will fall into the draft, probably into the third round where he would be a great value pick.
Robinson was a bad 50/50 ball receiver for us.