*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I really don't see a lot of Robinson's game in Bell. Where Robinson is one of the best in the league on 50/50 balls, Bell's game is his route running and getting instant separation. Bell also makes people miss in the open field, where he forced a missed tackle more than once for every four catches he made. That is not Robinson's game.

Because of a poor combine where Bell ran a 4.65 forty he will fall into the draft, probably into the third round where he would be a great value pick.
I suppose you could be right, but I have never thought ARob was among the best in the league in 50/50 balls. I could be wrong. His strength IMO is creating separation in the short/intermediate game due to outstanding route running ability. In other words, he doesn’t win by burning past DBs, but with savvy route running. That is what I see in Bell, but admittedly, I have not seen a whole lot of Bell’s tape.

Pickens will be a beast if he is healthy and matures. Bell can too, I suppose, but it would be in the role of a top-flight possession receiver.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I’m leaning towards Julio Jones. He would be a great red zone target and mentor for whoever the Bears draft in round 2.

Did AJ Green sign with AZ to ring chase? No - it was about money. Pay the man - he’s not getting a long term deal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Believe it or not, I’ve never actually heard that explanation of time value. Do you have a source?

I’ve been looking and can’t find much of anything. I’ve only ever heard draftniks say future picks are one round less and assumed why.

Not sure I can pinpoint where it is explicitly stated but same concept of time value of money.

1 dollar today is worth more than 1 dollar a year from now because I can take that 1 dollar today and invest it. If I can put it into something that returns say 10% then a year from now it will be worth $1.10 which is more than the 1 dollar I get next year.

Likewise, if I have two identical players (Johnson - eligible for the draft in 2022 and Mike - eligible for 2023), Johnson will gain NFL experience and hopefully inch closer to reaching his full potential. Mike will improve too but not as much because college does not provide the level of develop the NFL does. So let's say Johnson improves by 30% this year while Mike only improved 15%. Next year Mike is drafted but he and Johnson are no longer identical because Mike is now worth 115% of his 2022 self but Johsnon is worth 130% of his 2022 self because you got him a year early and thus was able to invest more into him.

So that is why a draft pick today is worth more than a draft pick next year. You get to invest the 2022 draft pick for a year which all things being equal will mean that draft pick will have progressed further than a similar player not drafted until 2023.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m leaning towards Julio Jones. He would be a great red zone target and mentor for whoever the Bears draft in round 2.

Did AJ Green sign with AZ to ring chase? No - it was about money. Pay the man - he’s not getting a long term deal.

The strange thing with Julio is as good as he was he has never been that great in the red zone.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
The strange thing with Julio is as good as he was he has never been that great in the red zone.
Jones’s lack of scoring seems to be by design. His percentage of QB Matt Ryan’s targets drops steadily the closer Atlanta gets to the goal line: from 32.8 percent of passes when the Falcons are at least 80 yards from the end zone to just a little more than half that — 16.7 percent — when they’re in the red zone.