*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Terry McLaurin would be such a good fit. Such an underrated WR IMO. Not necessarily saying the Bears should trade for him, but curious what the asking price is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Terry McLaurin would be such a good fit. Such an underrated WR IMO. Not necessarily saying the Bears should trade for him, but curious what the asking price is.
He'd be a great fit. I'd take him over any of the other WR names that are supposedly on the market. I also don't think we'd have to break the bank on a new deal for him. I mean he'd still need to get his but he isn't gonna be anywhere near D.Adams or T.Hill.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd be okay with Pierce in the 3rd. Hopefully we go DT, OL, or WR in the 2nd.
Yeah i'd be with that as well but i wouldn't be mad at getting a great CB to play opposite JJ. I think CB's are hard to hit big on in drafts but having two great CB's would be nice. K.Gordon is the guy i see most mocked to us if we did go CB in the 2nd round.

There's gonna be players that we see going in every 1st round of every mock we've seen that drop to the 2nd round, so i'm excited to see all the options that are there for us but nervous as hell about what Poles will actually do with the picks.

I'm always open for trading down with any pick as well.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
One thing that this offseason has showed us is that these big name WRs that everyone was hoping we'd sign next year--Deebo, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, none of them are reaching free agency.

If their current team can't pay them what they're asking for, there's another team other there willing and able to. They'll trade them to that new team they'll get an extension from their landing spot. We saw it with Adams and Hill this offseason. Expecting a guy like DK or Deebo to hit the open market seems like wishful thinking at this point in the game.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
A wonderful fit but don’t risk losing another player based on drafting for need?
Yep. Because get this.....there is more than 1 wonderful fit on the team! And I also did not say he was the best fit or the best player available. And like it or not, teams draft for need and just say, "hey best player available actually fits our biggest need".

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I’d be pretty surprised if the Bears don’t go DT with their first pick. Eberflus wants his impact 3-tech, and there will definitely be some good ones available in the 2nd.

I think there's a real chance they get Winfrey or Hall @ 39 depending on how the board falls with OL & WR vs. prospect ratings and position depth.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
One thing that this offseason has showed us is that these big name WRs that everyone was hoping we'd sign next year--Deebo, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, none of them are reaching free agency.

If their current team can't pay them what they're asking for, there's another team other there willing and able to. They'll trade them to that new team they'll get an extension from their landing spot. We saw it with Adams and Hill this offseason. Expecting a guy like DK or Deebo to hit the open market seems like wishful thinking at this point in the game.
Right. True game changers don't hit the free agent market, which is why you should never overspend for a free agent thinking he's the missing piece. If he was that good, his team would have re-signed him or got value back in a trade for him.