*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Eh, Dan spent nearly that entire vid whining about people whining/overreacting.

I find the Dan and Dionne vids to be very hit and miss in terms of talking actual football or what is going on in the drills. This one was a bit of a miss. Supposedly was going to be a discussion about the minicamp and they really only talked/defended Dan's twitter statements about Fields' bad 3rd day. They had no discussion about how anyone, including Fields, looked on day 1 or 2. They had no discussion really about how anyone on defense looked other than in general, the defense must have had a good day 3 at Fields' expense.

I appreciate the overall sentiment they were trying to give that it's April, be patient, there is a lot of work left to do in what is clearly a Bears rebuild. I just wish they had talked a bit more about what seemed to be going wrong on day 3 or how things looked on day 1 and 2 if that was going to be a minicamp summary vid. Although I do understand how the last impression on day 3 is the one that will stick with people.

Wiederer is a whiny bitch whose ass hurt that bloggers do a better job than him...

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Bears need to trade for Toney. Unless the dude is about to be arrested for something, he should be getting ready for camp with the Bears. Huuuuuuuuuge upside
A big Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Huge character issues.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
This is a case where I think Hiestand is a much better college coach than a pro coach. In the NFL, he only ever has coached for the Bears. And the only Bears line that really had success with him was full of quality veterans.
Hiestand is awful. The only good lines he has had are at Notre Dame and that is a result of top 5 recruiting classes. Nothing he did from a coaching perspective. He was putrid at Illinois. He was putrid at Tennessee.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Wiederer is a whiny bitch whose ass hurt that bloggers do a better job than him...

Eh, I don't really want to go there on this one. It's pretty clear that Fields' did not have a good day on Day 3 of the minicamp. What isn't clear to me is what actually was going wrong, or was it just everything was wrong? I realize these guys are limited by the Bears on certain details, but it would be nice for a bit of actual analysis rather than just the context of it's April, there was no walk-thru before practice, etc

Like, I was hoping one of the beat writers would say if it was timing, mechanics, poor ball placement, dropped passes, all of the above?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Hiestand is awful. The only good lines he has had are at Notre Dame and that is a result of top 5 recruiting classes. Nothing he did from a coaching perspective. He was putrid at Illinois. He was putrid at Tennessee.

I'll take your word for it. I haven't followed college football enough to know and most of what I had heard of Hiestand came from his time at Notre Dame.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, I don't really want to go there on this one. It's pretty clear that Fields' did not have a good day on Day 3 of the minicamp. What isn't clear to me is what actually was going wrong, or was it just everything was wrong? I realize these guys are limited by the Bears on certain details, but it would be nice for a bit of actual analysis rather than just the context of it's April, there was no walk-thru before practice, etc

Like, I was hoping one of the beat writers would say if it was timing, mechanics, poor ball placement, dropped passes, all of the above?
The last Hoges and Jahns podcast made it seem like the offense was slow and out of sync and the D was flying around. So it could very well be that the offense was out of sync and the QB will surely take the brunt of the blame for that.

Could very well be it’s partly or mostly on Fields. Could be the receivers and their timing with Fields was completely out of whack. Could be that the D that has a lot of veterans on it and is running a simple scheme and are playing at a speed that is notch above the offense.

One bad practice in April doesn’t much concern me. When it becomes the norm in August it may be time to panic a little.