dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd inquire. I didn't hear good things last year about him though. It depends how much of a discount the Giants would be willing to take. He's still young though, if the Bears wanted him, he would fit with the rebuild.

Did anyone watch the Giants to know just how bad he looked?
Pretty sure he dealt with some injuries but remember him having a huge game that he had like 200 yds receiving in.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eh. That's still a bottom 5 WR corps and bottom 5-10 OL. Arguably only Houston or Atlanta are worse in both areas.

You simply dont know that. Mooney could emerge as a No 1. The rookie could have a Justin Jefferson type year. Pringle could come into his own.

Likewise. The rookie, Borom and Jenkins could prove to be more than capable.

You are treating having unproven players as if there is certainty to how they will perform. The issue with the roster is the uncertainty not some objective evidence that they suck.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You simply dont know that. Mooney could emerge as a No 1. The rookie could have a Justin Jefferson type year. Pringle could come into his own.

Likewise. The rookie, Borom and Jenkins could prove to be more than capable.

You are treating having unproven players as if there is certainty to how they will perform. The issue with the roster is the uncertainty not some objective evidence that they suck.
I mean, yeah I'm talking "on paper" with the Bears, just like I am with every other team. Aren't you doing the same by treating unproven players like they will all pan out to be "decent"?

And that's not to say I don't feel good about both groups. I've said since it was clear the Bears weren't getting Bates that Pickens and a good OL pick would make me feel much better about the offense.

Poles is building the team the right way. They will be young, cheap and talented at all but the LG position on O. That's fine. But they aren't the only ones adding draft picks, and the teams as bad as they are "on paper" all have multiple chances to get better at WR and OL before the Bears have 1. Again, not Poles' fault, but they have a lot to prove before they'd get out of the talent hole Pace dug.