*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

dennehy

Liked Posts:
All those guys have played and even started in the league. They are not trash roster filler.
Stroman has played three snaps over the last two years. He's pretty close to roster filler.

Moore if healthy can be a decent #4 WR.

Davenport has been very inconsistent although he's had some good games. I actually mocked him to the Bears in a similar scenario. He's insurance in case the Bears don't draft a LT or sign a better one after the draft. Or he could beat out Borom.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I don't think that is fair to the aging QB's with limited mobility. Nagy's system didn't appear to fit any QB regardless of age, experience, or mobility.
Point being Pace moved up in the draft and took a mobile QB for Nagy, but he never even considered altering his offense even when Dalton was injured. No matter how shitty Nagy's offense was Fields had too somehow fit into it, because in Nagy's mind it is system over player. That is the downfall of Nagy, not being able to build an offense around the players he has on his roster. Now that gives certain people the excuse to shit on Fields when last year was a no- win situation for him? Makes no sense to me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stroman has played three snaps over the last two years. He's pretty close to roster filler.

Davenport has been very inconsistent although he's had some good games. I actually mocked him to the Bears in a similar scenario. He's insurance in case the Bears don't draft a LT or sign a better one after the draft. Or he could beat out Borom.

Honestly Bears are not in bad shape. Poles focused on getting some depth and the key for the O will be finding decent starter caliber players at WR and OL.

Mooney, rookie, Pringle, Moore, St Brown, Newsome is a decrnt WR core if the rookie plays like a No 2.

Borom/Davenport, Jenkins, Whitehair, Patrick, rookie is a decent OL if the rookie can solidy a spot.

Bears still sitting on about 14m in cap space which goes to about 20m June 1 so will be in position to take advantage of any surprise cuts or make a trade post draft if for someone if something develops.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Of course they are insurance. Thus, the point…

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Honestly Bears are not in bad shape. Poles focused on getting some depth and the key for the O will be finding decent starter caliber players at WR and OL.

Mooney, rookie, Pringle, Moore, St Brown, Newsome is a decrnt WR core if the rookie plays like a No 2.

Borom/Davenport, Jenkins, Whitehair, Patrick, rookie is a decent OL if the rookie can solidy a spot.

Bears still sitting on about 14m in cap space which goes to about 20m June 1 so will be in position to take advantage of any surprise cuts or make a trade post draft if for someone if something develops.
Eh. That's still a bottom 5 WR corps and bottom 5-10 OL. Arguably only Houston or Atlanta are worse in both areas.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd inquire. I didn't hear good things last year about him though. It depends how much of a discount the Giants would be willing to take. He's still young though, if the Bears wanted him, he would fit with the rebuild.

Did anyone watch the Giants to know just how bad he looked?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I'd inquire. I didn't hear good things last year about him though. It depends how much of a discount the Giants would be willing to take. He's still young though, if the Bears wanted him, he would fit with the rebuild.

Did anyone watch the Giants to know just how bad he looked?

I'm for it. It would almost be like having pick 20 back. Also, the connection with Tyke Tolbert.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I'm for it. It would almost be like having pick 20 back. Also, the connection with Tyke Tolbert.
Yeah he was taken with our pick and looked like a dangerous player. Not sure if all the details with him, but he is one year into the league, so super young. Could be a huge get at a low cost.