*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If you only ever take chances on guys that are self motivated and have their shit together then why pay coaches big money as it is easy to work with guys like that.

In the end, the question would be whether Tolbert who was with the Giants last year thinks Toney is salvageable or not. If so then the question becomes what cost is commensurate with the risk. A conditional 5th or 6th rounder would seem like a good risk for someone with legit 1st round talent. Those are the kind of guys you buy low on.
Nope...........in my opinion Bears cannot afford that kind of distraction on a rebuilding team . Let Poles do his job and re-build through the draft. This is not the year to take your chances with a budding head case.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Nope...........in my opinion Bears cannot afford that kind of distraction on a rebuilding team . Let Poles do his job and re-build through the draft. This is not the year to take your chances with a budding head case.
Agree. They are trying to bring in the guys to set the culture they want. Maybe in a year or two they could take a risk on a guy like him. But not this year…

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
In all honesty no I would not. Here are some of the issues the Giants had with Toney last year.
Lack of commitment
Lack of playbook study
Poor meeting behavior
Feuds with the media
Thrown out of game for punching a Dallas player. Dallas game just happened to be his best game of season.
At the very least he is a distraction. More likely an un-coachable headcase.
Bump several times, no on him.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would create some nice draft flexibility.
I mean, if you bring him in on enough of a safe contract—lower base, less guaranteed, incentives for staying healthy, games played, etc. then go for it. I just don't want to be stuck with a long-term contract at a high price for a risky player. Hopefully he gets that and is willing to work with us.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think he's already blossomed out for the worse, way past the bud stage.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is a full 3 round mock that is interesting.

Bears picks (no trades):

39. Chicago Bears | Tulsa OT Tyler Smith​

48. Chicago Bears (from LAC) | Auburn CB Roger McCreary​

71. Chicago Bears | Cincinnati WR Alec Pierce​

I wouldn’t hate this draft. I hate that we gave up draft capital for Jenkins and he’s probably going to be end up at RT. , Pace can fuck off with his Teflon shitty face.