***OFFICIAL*** Patrick Mahomes has lost the Super Bowl thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we could just unplug Trubisky and plug in Mahomes, without dealing with picks and contracts, I would agree...But to mortgage the team to the extent we would have to to get him, (which isn't happening anyway), would be a disaster.

We already made the playoffs with 3 shitty top 10 picks.

Teams blow first round picks all the time and still make the playoffs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He ran 500 yards because he ran backwards trying to hit homeruns instead of taking the what the D gave him.

Did he miss reads on occasion? Sure. Was this a case where guys were open all the time? No.

There were plenty of times the pressure was immediate and it was go backwards or eat a sack. Further with 7 guys covering 4 or 5 WRs the idea there were quick reads open consistently is not supported by facts.

Yeah, no. On the "best throw falling sideways" play he had a WR open for a first down before he even turned and ran. Not worth arguing tho because as I said I think he's a great QB still just had a bad game.

They did bring up on Speak for yourself yesterday that he has the same QB rating in the Superbowl (over 3 tries) as Rex Grossman so that was funny.

No he didnt. You are still claiming Hill was open on a slant when in fact it was a slant and go and Hill never turned to look for the ball. They are also 2 safeties just sitting watching Hill and Mahomes.

Please let me know when Hill turned to look for the ball? This is a double move slant and go not a slant. At the point where a player turns to look for the ball on the slant, Hill plants his foot and turns upfielf.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
lol. Mahomes was a product of his environment. it was poor offensive line play and the receivers dropped balls that were thrown to them pretty perfectly all things considered.

this wasn't on Mahomes. I still maintain that it's a real world exercise of what would happen if you had a player of his caliber on the Bears. you can hate that I say that all you want, Mahomes is on a team that's pretty epic and they got beaten like boys. the Bears are not on the Chiefs level, even with the backup linemen. that's reality. thumbs down away if you're a dickbag, thanks.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol. Mahomes was a product of his environment. it was poor offensive line play and the receivers dropped balls that were thrown to them pretty perfectly all things considered.

this wasn't on Mahomes. I still maintain that it's a real world exercise of what would happen if you had a player of his caliber on the Bears. you can hate that I say that all you want, Mahomes is on a team that's pretty epic and they got beaten like boys. the Bears are not on the Chiefs level, even with the backup linemen. that's reality. thumbs down away if you're a dickbag, thanks.
I don't think anyone is saying he isn't a great player...We are just saying he played like shit in the SB.. No matter what else happened in that game or any other game this season, he still stunk!

The hype on him was that no matter what pressure he got, he is so slippery, so talented, and so hard to bring down, he would evade pressure and throw a completion anyway. He didnt..he stunk!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except of course he did evade pressure and throw what should have been 2 TDs passes. I dont think anyone claimed he is so talented he can catch his own passes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Except at no point this season did the Bears OL give up 29 pressures. So this Cheifs OL was objectively worse than anything we saw from the Bears this year.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
On that play where Mahomes gets off the miraculous throw after he is tripped up and sideways, number 45 on Tampa is RIGHT THERE to intercept the ball but jumps way too early and also alligator arms it. So we can talk about Williams dropping it but the fact that it even got to Williams was an absolute miracle that it was not at the very least batted down by Tampa. And I am not blaming Mahomes. It was 4th down and he had to throw it. But when he throws that, the chance of a completion are almost impossible.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except of course he did evade pressure and throw what should have been 2 TDs passes. I dont think anyone claimed he is so talented he can catch his own passes.
Wow...2 passes out of 29 pressures....I bet you think he should be SBMVP!

Like I have been saying..He sucked ... 0 TD's

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On that play where Mahomes gets off the miraculous throw after he is tripped up and sideways, number 45 on Tampa is RIGHT THERE to intercept the ball but jumps way too early and also alligator arms it. So we can talk about Williams dropping it but the fact that it even got to Williams was an absolute miracle that it was not at the very least batted down by Tampa. And I am not blaming Mahomes. It was 4th down and he had to throw it. But when he throws that, the chance of a completion are almost impossible.

The fact the defender mistimes his jump is likely partly the fact he wasn't expecting Mahomes to be able to get the pass out. At the end of the day, he give his WR a chance and they blew it.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow...2 passes out of 29 pressures....I bet you think he should be SBMVP!

Like I have been saying..He sucked ... 0 TD's

Your claim is he was known for evading pressure and you implied he did not. In 29 pressures he was only sacked 3 times. So he evaded pressure 26 out of 29 times and anyone that saw that game knows that most QBs facing that pressure would get sacked far more.

By contrast the Great 4M face the most pressure this season against the Packers where was pressured 14 times including 3 sacks. So that is roughly half of what Mahomes faced. Thus if you give him 29 pressures, he likely gets sacked 6 times or so.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your claim is he was known for evading pressure and you implied he did not. In 29 pressures he was only sacked 3 times. So he evaded pressure 26 out of 29 times and anyone that saw that game knows that most QBs facing that pressure would get sacked far more.

By contrast the Great 4M face the most pressure this season against the Packers where was pressured 14 times including 3 sacks. So that is roughly half of what Mahomes faced. Thus if you give him 29 pressures, he likely gets sacked 6 times or so.

Pressure doesnt always result in a sack

Trubisky didnt play in SB 55

Mahomes did, and sucked

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pressure doesnt always result in a sack

Trubisky didnt play in SB 55

Mahomes did, and sucked

Yes especially when you are as good as Mahomes at evading it. That is kind of the point.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The fact the defender mistimes his jump is likely partly the fact he wasn't expecting Mahomes to be able to get the pass out. At the end of the day, he give his WR a chance and they blew it.
Mahomes played well overall. Not his best game but he did everything he could. The Bucs though were just the better team and it would have taken a ton of things to go right for the Chiefs to win that game. Reid really had a piss poor effort and that was the biggest difference. He knew his starting tackles were out and he should have had more 2 TE sets and run plays to help the line out. Seems he was just arrogant that they could play the same and it didn't work.

mecha

Liked Posts:
so, show of hands, how many people envy the Chiefs and the fact they have Mahomes still?

how many of you are still beating off to 4-12/missed the playoffs Texans and Watson?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except at no point this season did the Bears OL give up 29 pressures. So this Cheifs OL was objectively worse than anything we saw from the Bears this year.

But subjectively the Bucs front 7 was the best in the NFL, the fastest, the most powerful, and the most aggressive and they knew it. They knew they were a physically dominant group and when motivated by their DT's they blew up a couple teams earlier in the season too like the Packers. Suh wrecked that game because HeHateErin.

The Bucs knew how to get Mahomes to act a certain way and just kept doing it without K.C. adjustment. It was sad to see Andy Reid get out coached like that.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess you can either listen to the guys on CCS or HOFers like Kurt Warner who said Mahomes missed a bunch of reads.

Still a great generational QB. But didn't play a great game.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Almost touchdowns don't count as touchdowns though. ;)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He did great...9 points and a QBR of 52

:ROFLMAO:

Given he faced a SB record amount of pressures you have no evidence anyone else would have fared better.
Almost touchdowns don't count as touchdowns though. ;)

Never claimed they did. The point was Mahomes got the ball to the WR not that they count as TDs

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so, show of hands, how many people envy the Chiefs and the fact they have Mahomes still?

how many of you are still beating off to 4-12/missed the playoffs Texans and Watson?

And how many still beating off to never won a playoff game 4M? Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

But subjectively the Bucs front 7 was the best in the NFL, the fastest, the most powerful, and the most aggressive and they knew it. They knew they were a physically dominant group and when motivated by their DT's they blew up a couple teams earlier in the season too like the Packers. Suh wrecked that game because HeHateErin.

The Bucs knew how to get Mahomes to act a certain way and just kept doing it without K.C. adjustment. It was sad to see Andy Reid get out coached like that.

Let's not forget they played this year already and Mahomes won. In that game Mahomes was still pressured a ton ie 18 pressures which is more than 4M faced in any game this year.

The difference is the Chiefs OL was that much worse this go around and the WRs failed to make plays. Losing Fischer was costly.