OFFICIAL SBLVIII IGT: Niners vs Chiefs

Who wins today?

• Total voters

mecha

Liked Posts:
Yeah it did and it was unfortunate. But definitely not the reason they lost the game. They had plenty of opportunities to stop Mahomes. In OT, the defense had a long break with 49ers taking half the quarter to score the field goal. Enough time plus the time for the coin flip. They had enough rest. They just couldn’t stop them.

If I was Shanahan, I would have gone for it instead of kicking the field goal. It’s Mahomes on the other side. And even if I miss it, I still have to stop them. I’d play that risk percentage instead.
this was something I considered in my head during that sequence. regardless of whatever, you still have to stop Mahomes going downhill the other way afterwards if turn it over on downs or get the field goal. I guess the logic was you get the field goal and the stop, you win. I can see it either way, the way the game was played they obviously lost though. whatever

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where are my brownies? Got some Oberweisse for it is all.

Canth

Liked Posts:
this was something I considered in my head during that sequence. regardless of whatever, you still have to stop Mahomes going downhill the other way afterwards if turn it over on downs or get the field goal. I guess the logic was you get the field goal and the stop, you win. I can see it either way, the way the game was played they obviously lost though. whatever

It's also easy to armchair QB that decision. Say he doesn't kick the FG and then KC moves ball just enough to get in Butker's range and wins on a FG. Then Shanahan gets crucified for not taking the easy and obvious points.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Someone should tell James Nagle Marv Levy says Hi.
Having a 10 pt lead isnt some magical number either. Ten point swings happen in this game a lot. TD - Turnover - FG happens to someone every week in the regular season.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Back in the day Tyreek Hill signed for$120 million with miami. If he had to do it over would he stick around for 60 million and get 2+ more superbowl rings alongside all the other accolades that come with the championships / dynasty talk? hmmmm

As a competitor or business person whom you thought of yourself as top status, once you leave the company, you want them to feel a little pain in your absence, not to go back and win 2 more rings #ouch

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Back in the day Tyreek Hill signed for$120 million with miami. If he had to do it over would he stick around for 60 million and get 2+ more superbowl rings alongside all the other accolades that come with the championships / dynasty talk? hmmmm

As a competitor or business person whom you thought of yourself as top status, once you leave the company, you want them to feel a little pain in your absence, not to go back and win 2 more rings #ouch
Lmao. He has a ring and a shit ton of money. I’m sure he’s fine incel

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Have you ever seen a ring worth 30 Million dollars?

I haven't. I bet he is really, really happy to be wealthier in Florida and still competing for rings than he would be were he half as rich and in Missouri. And if he isnt, he can dry his tears with money.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I haven't. I bet he is really, really happy to be wealthier in Florida and still competing for rings than he would be were he half as rich and in Missouri. And if he isnt, he can dry his tears with money.

71 million actually.

Oh we’re talking sports and not rings with ultra rare diamonds…. My bad.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Also, no state income tax and if he gets in trouble with his family again, the state of Florida DFACS won’t have a record of him!

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i wonder if 49ers stay with purdy or look to upgrade in the offseason, cousins is available but 49ers would have to do some serious cap cutting to make it work...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

an extra $60m is great compensation for feelings.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The team wasn’t aware but Kyle was. He discussed it at length. It’s actually better to receive because if both teams are stopped or if both teams score(the same amount of points), the team that received the ball first will have the first crack at winning on their next possession. The bigger issue is his red zone play calling.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
71 million actually.

Oh we’re talking sports and not rings with ultra rare diamonds…. My bad.
What is this ring?

The fanciest ring I have ever seen was in Denmark. It looked like a woman's hand holding a penis, and the inscription on the inside was in Latin, reading something like "If she has nothing else."

It was a gift from the king to his queen after she was caught having an affair (talk about a loveless marriage). If I remember right, it was in the Rosenborg castle in Copenhagen!