Who wins today?

• Total voters

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It is really criminal that Spags hasnt gotten another HC gig. Someone needs to hire him as HC tomget him out of KC as that is an unfair advantage to have GOAT QB, top HC/OC and top DC.
When he took over the Rams, he lost the locker room on Day 1. Torry Holt lead a mutiny against him and he never recovered.
the ball hit another players foot, McCloud had to try and recover it, get some glasses
Honestly, I think the Lions win last night. Don’t know why but I do.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When he took over the Rams, he lost the locker room on Day 1. Torry Holt lead a mutiny against him and he never recovered.

Nah, They go for 4th down against a top KC defense because of odds accumulated against a bunch of also rans, to get similar results as the conference game.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I wasn't in this thread through the game last night, and not going to go through it to see if my points are already posted. If they are my bad.

Shanny is a good OC, not so good of a HC. On 3rd and 4 in OT at the I think the 12 line or so, Shanny had to know that Spags was going to blitz, why oh why do you not either give the ball to your best player (#23) or run the QB.

The option to not defer in OT was the wrong call.

But the worst was not calling a TO with just seconds left in OT and seeing that the Chiefs were not going to kick the FG but go for the win. Why would you not call a TO then is beyond me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wasn't in this thread through the game last night, and not going to go through it to see if my points are already posted. If they are my bad.

Shanny is a good OC, not so good of a HC. On 3rd and 4 in OT at the I think the 12 line or so, Shanny had to know that Spags was going to blitz, why oh why do you not either give the ball to your best player (#23) or run the QB.

The option to not defer in OT was the wrong call.

But the worst was not calling a TO with just seconds left in OT and seeing that the Chiefs were not going to kick the FG but go for the win. Why would you not call a TO then is beyond me.

Thought the bigger mistake was Reid not calling timeout or running a quicker play. Kelce got them 1st and goal with 50 seconds left. Rather than let the clock run to 6 seconds I would have ensured I had time for 4 more plays. Instead if they had failed on that TD play they would only have had time for one more play.

Edit - Disregard as forgot new playoff rules are that you play 4 quarters if necessary so Chiefs would get the ball in 2nd OT quarter.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I think I agree with your Lions take.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought the bigger mistake was Reid not calling timeout or running a quicker play. Kelce got them 1st and goal with 50 seconds left. Rather than let the clock run to 6 seconds I would have ensured I had time for 4 more plays. Instead if they had failed on that TD play they would only have had time for one more play.
Nope:

Unlike regular-season overtime, postseason overtime uses 15-minute quarters, and is played like a whole new game. That includes a halftime if the game remains tied after the second overtime, which has never happened in NFL history. There won’t be a second Usher performance, however: The overtime halftime is a short one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope:

Unlike regular-season overtime, postseason overtime uses 15-minute quarters, and is played like a whole new game. That includes a halftime if the game remains tied after the second overtime, which has never happened in NFL history. There won’t be a second Usher performance, however: The overtime halftime is a short one.

Yeah was just coming here to correct as forgot they do quarters.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

Edit - Disregardas forgot new playoff rules are that you play 4 quarters if necessary so Chiefs would get the ball in 2nd OT quarter.
Right.....in the playoffs it's a continuation of the game, until someone wins outright.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It is really criminal that Spags hasnt gotten another HC gig. Someone needs to hire him as HC to get him out of KC as that is an unfair advantage to have GOAT QB, top HC/OC and top DC.

They have Dave Toub as Special teams coordinator. Just a great coaching staff at the top.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

Edit - Disregard as forgot new playoff rules are that you play 4 quarters if necessary so Chiefs would get the ball in 2nd OT quarter.
Per your edit. Yes I made a mistake with my comment as well. I actually thought that the game ended at the end of the first overtime if KC ran out of time. So not taking the TO was not a blunder by Shanny.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
right. based on other games from this past season I think it was the right call.
considering the Playoff OT rules, it's better to go on defense 1st, everyone should be able to agree on that IMO

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Like I said Fields has his issues but don’t sit there acting like Fields lost those games for the team when the defense completely blew those games. I know your an idiot but didn’t think that much of an idiot. But maybe I thought wrong.
Uh when your offense is not scoring more than 17 points in six games that's a problem.

When your kicker is third in the league in field goals made that's on the QB for not cashing in touchdowns.

The Bears were good between the 20s this year that indicates there was good enough play calling for them to get into the red zone. When things get tighter and windows get smaller it's on the QB to get the team into the end zone.