• Total voters

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What is this ring?

The fanciest ring I have ever seen was in Denmark. It looked like a woman's hand holding a penis, and the inscription on the inside was in Latin, reading something like "If she has nothing else."

It was a gift from the king to his queen after she was caught having an affair (talk about a loveless marriage). If I remember right, it was in the Rosenborg castle in Copenhagen!

I once saw a ring that held limitless power but some asshole named Sauron was destroying the countryside looking for it

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I once saw a ring that held limitless power but some asshole named Sauron was destroying the countryside looking for it
Believe it or not, this ring once passed through my domain. By some chance, a group of hobbits were subdued by Old Man Willow and were in need of my help.

I swear this is true, I'm an honest fellow! Honest as my coat is blue, and my boots are yellow! (Shout out to the book nerds on the board)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The team wasn’t aware but Kyle was. He discussed it at length. It’s actually better to receive because if both teams are stopped or if both teams score(the same amount of points), the team that received the ball first will have the first crack at winning on their next possession. The bigger issue is his red zone play calling.

Yeah I am saying it is dumb that you dont educate your players.

It is better to go 2nd IMO. Never give an elite QB the ball last with him knowing he has 4 downs. The Niners forced a 4th deep in Chiefs terroritory which would have forced a punt if Chiefs had the ball first. Instead they convert.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is this ring?

The fanciest ring I have ever seen was in Denmark. It looked like a woman's hand holding a penis, and the inscription on the inside was in Latin, reading something like "If she has nothing else."

It was a gift from the king to his queen after she was caught having an affair (talk about a loveless marriage). If I remember right, it was in the Rosenborg castle in Copenhagen!

Just searched most expensive rings ever and there were several that sold for 30 m plus. Think one even sold for 80 once but was resold for 72. Ouch.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah I am saying it is dumb that you dont educate your players.

It is better to go 2nd IMO. Never give an elite QB the ball last with him knowing he has 4 downs. The Niners forced a 4th deep in Chiefs terroritory which would have forced a punt if Chiefs had the ball first. Instead they convert.
I think we all missed the chance to see the Niners score a TD and then celebrate thinking they won the SB. That would have been funny.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i wonder if 49ers stay with purdy or look to upgrade in the offseason, cousins is available but 49ers would have to do some serious cap cutting to make it work...
They'll stick with him. Where would they go? Cousins chokes, is on his way down and Purdy is still on the way up. He threw for over 250 yds at 58%, 49ers won possession against a great KC d and didn't do it by rushing. Purdy may not be 'special' but the 9ers aren't in a position to get a special QB. They tried that in 2021 and this kid made Lance expendable.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just searched most expensive rings ever and there were several that sold for 30 m plus. Think one even sold for 80 once but was resold for 72. Ouch.
LOL. To the guy who sold it, it was more like an oopsie.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seen on Twitter:

The 49ers are the Rory McIlroy of football. Once upon a time, in a past life, they won so many superbowls, now they just waste opportunity after opportunity.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Believe it or not, this ring once passed through my domain. By some chance, a group of hobbits were subdued by Old Man Willow and were in need of my help.

I swear this is true, I'm an honest fellow! Honest as my coat is blue, and my boots are yellow! (Shout out to the book nerds on the board)

Tom is the most frustrating thing about those books. You write this huge novel about destroying this object that can ruin everything…. But start off with a character that has total control over it and never explain who or what this character is?

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Grace Kelly's engagement ring looks gorgeous... and no wonder, it was from the Prince of Monaco.

I did find the ring I referenced above and can confirm that it is in Rosenborg castle, but this is a family board and I don't want to post a link to something so graphic. I can offer that Copenhagen is one of the easiest European cities to get along in, and it has an anarchist commune where you can buy weed, and has better bakeries than any I have enjoyed in the USA.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Tom is the most frustrating thing about those books. You write this huge novel about destroying this object that can ruin everything…. But start off with a character that has total control over it and never explain who or what this character is?
Man, when I first read the books so long ago, I would have agreed whole-heartedly with that. But the books led me to trying Dungeons and Dragons, and through that I come to feel that some things should always be left as mysterious as they are powerful.

Though Tom Bombadil is a weird friggin way to get that idea across.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seen on Twitter:

The 49ers are the Rory McIlroy of football. Once upon a time, in a past life, they won so many superbowls, now they just waste opportunity after opportunity.

Also, neither McIlroy nor the 49ers made one putt yesterday.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is really criminal that Spags hasnt gotten another HC gig. Someone needs to hire him as HC to get him out of KC as that is an unfair advantage to have GOAT QB, top HC/OC and top DC.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
They'll stick with him. Where would they go? Cousins chokes, is on his way down and Purdy is still on the way up. He threw for over 250 yds at 58%, 49ers won possession against a great KC d and didn't do it by rushing. Purdy may not be 'special' but the 9ers aren't in a position to get a special QB. They tried that in 2021 and this kid made Lance expendable.
i still think shanny looks at the qbs in free agency, i dont think they are squarely locked in with purdy, they can push money out if need be to add a qb...lol as for lance, you make it sound like the bar was high...darnold beat out lance as well which lead to him being traded to the cowboys...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i still think shanny looks at the qbs in free agency, i dont think they are squarely locked in with purdy, they can push money out if need be to add a qb...lol as for lance, you make it sound like the bar was high...darnold beat out lance as well which lead to him being traded to the cowboys...
Never even implied the bar was high. The investment was high and not easily parted unless you KNOW you've got a guy worth running with for bit.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was Shanahan I would go into the locker room, call McCloud into the office and tell him not to even bother getting dressed. You are cut. GTFO of my locker room.
the ball hit another players foot, McCloud had to try and recover it, get some glasses

mecha

Liked Posts:
It's also easy to armchair QB that decision. Say he doesn't kick the FG and then KC moves ball just enough to get in Butker's range and wins on a FG. Then Shanahan gets crucified for not taking the easy and obvious points.
right. based on other games from this past season I think it was the right call.