***OFFICIAL*** SUPER WILDCARD WEEKEND IGT - Jan 9 & 10th

pablovi

Liked Posts:
No, the D should get no credit for denying the Colts points when they were in the redzone.
Not for the 9 points they left in the table. Missed FG and going for it on 4th down.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
How does one get a job as an NFL game analyst, and have basically ZERO understanding of the choice to go for two?

This moron is still going on about "could have been a 7 point game" and the Colts "could have still been within range".

They are down 8. What the hell is he talking about "within range"?
It was a very stupid decision, what’s the percentage for 2 point conversion? It’s very unlikely they convert now a 2 point try. so, they need two scores now.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How does one get a job as an NFL game analyst, and have basically ZERO understanding of the choice to go for two?

This moron is still going on about "could have been a 7 point game" and the Colts "could have still been within range".

They are down 8. What the hell is he talking about "within range"?
I think he’s saying they have to go for 2 at some point. Idk, it’s on in the background. 54 yard fg flex.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Frank Reich putting on quite a display of what not to do in a playoff game. If they don't come back and win this game, his ass is gonna be roasted in Indy.
He is kind of limited with Rivers arm. But these halfback delays are goofy IMO.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Frank Reich putting on quite a display of what not to do in a playoff game. If they don't come back and win this game, his ass is gonna be roasted in Indy.
Actually, down 14, the 2-point conversion is statistically the smart move. If you get the first one, you kick and have 15 instead of 14 on your twp TD's. If you miss the first and get the 2nd, you are no worse than if you had kicked. 2 point conversions are successful > 50% of the time.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kelce is gonna destroy his defense

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OK....I will certainly say the Bills'D did not look good there, Pablovi. That was sad.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Philip Rivers brain is ridiculous...its too bad his overall abilities are falling off overall. He sees shit right away. What I wouldn't give to see a brain QB in Chicago

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Actually, down 14, the 2-point conversion is statistically the smart move. If you get the first one, you kick and have 15 instead of 14 on your twp TD's. If you miss the first and get the 2nd, you are no worse than if you had kicked. 2 point conversions are successful > 50% of the time.
LOL, since when 50% is better than 100%? Stop with the excuses, it was a terrible decision.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Allen almost lost the game there, he’s still just a rookie and makes terrible decision. He’s too cocky.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think he’s saying they have to go for 2 at some point. Idk, it’s on in the background. 54 yard fg flex.
Analysts constantly talk in terms of "keeping it a one score game", but take an example wherre a team is down 14 late. Going for one twice, IF successful, means you need to win on the road in OT. That's the best case scenario.

Going for two gives you a greater than 50% chance of scoring 15, and a greater than 50% chance of getting 14 if you fail on the first one. It's new, and unconventional, so analysts can't wrap their heads around it. But it is the right move.

And as I said, from the TV analysts point of view, somehow coaches instead of playing the best odds to win, should play to stay within one score to keep viewers.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, since when 50% is better than 100%? Stop with the excuses, it was a terrible decision.
Combine that with passing up a chip shot 3 points to go for a 4th and 5 at the goal line....Reich is not making the best decisions.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
I have no idea what 100% refers to. If you are suggesting one point tries are 100% successful, you don't watch football, but that doesn't even apply here. That is not even what we are arguing.

They went for two twice and ended up with the same as if they went for one twice. But one of those choices gave them a chance for 15. One didn't. Had they succeeded on the FIRST two point try - a BETTER THAN 50% proposition - they could have scored 15. They failed, and STILL got their 14, and you are STILL saying it was a bad decision.

I understand this is new, and it takes a little thought. But to simply cry that it is dumb because you don't understand it is silly.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Analysts constantly talk in terms of "keeping it a one score game", but take an example wherre a team is down 14 late. Going for one twice, IF successful, means you need to win on the road in OT. That's the best case scenario.

Going for two gives you a greater than 50% chance of scoring 15, and a greater than 50% chance of getting 14 if you fail on the first one. It's new, and unconventional, so analysts can't wrap their heads around it. But it is the right move.

And as I said, from the TV analysts point of view, somehow coaches instead of playing the best odds to win, should play to stay within one score to keep viewers.

LOL! No, it’s not greater than 50% its half! 25% chance of scoring twice a 2 point conversion, even if your 50% chance is correct. He had 75% chance of losing. Instead of 99% chance of tying.

Percentages divide between tries!