***OFFICIAL*** SUPER WILDCARD WEEKEND IGT - Jan 9 & 10th

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Imagine if indy kicked a field goal on that 4th down, or if the kicker didn't miss..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’ll say it again, I was big time wrong on Rivers. I would have put money on his arm being done by week 5.
Me too.

And as fo rthis game, I would have put money on him fumbling or throwing an INT on one of the two most recent drives, and he didn't. Granted on one drive they ran every play, but he got the job done. I expected the opposite.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Me too.

And as fo rthis game, I would have put money on him fumbling or throwing an INT on one of the two most recent drives, and he didn't. Granted on one drive they ran every play, but he got the job done. I expected the opposite.
Wait, the pick is coming.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL! No, it’s not greater than 50% its half! 25% chance of scoring twice a 2 point conversion, even if your 50% chance is correct. He had 75% chance of losing. Instead of 99% chance of tying.

Percentages divide between tries!
You don't understand at all what you are talking about.
I said EACH try is better than 50% chance of succeeding. Therefore if the FIRST is successful, you can avoid the second two point try and kick and get to 15. Fail on the first, and your chances of 14 total is STILL greater than 50%. They tried it twice, made it once, and were as well off as they would be if they kicked twice. And gave themselves a chance at 15 they would never have if they kicked twice.

Not only did you not understand it before it happened, you are still arguing against it after it resulted in the same number of points.

Do you run th erisk of failing twice? Of course. Nobody argues there is a guarantee. Simply that the odds are with you to at least get the 14.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Final two minutes, but no review on the fumble?

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Wait but can bills challenge if they don't have a time out?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You don't understand at all what you are talking about.
I said EACH try is better than 50% chance of succeeding. Therefore if the FIRST is successful, you can avoid the second two point try and kick and get to 15. Fail on the first, and your chances of 14 total is STILL greater than 50%. They tried it twice, made it once, and were as well off as they would be if they kicked twice. And gave themselves a chance at 15 they would never have if they kicked twice.

Not only did you not understand it before it happened, you are still arguing against it after it resulted in the same number of points.

Do you run th erisk of failing twice? Of course. Nobody argues there is a guarantee. Simply that the odds are with you to at least get the 14.
That’s exactly what I’m arguing, the chance to make it two times is a lot less than 50%. It’s 25%. The odds of getting it once is 75%. If you fail the first try it goes down to 50%, both a lot less than 99% in kicking twice.

That’s the point! It’s a higher risk for the same reward.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy would have been looking at value meals on his Denny’s menu

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That’s exactly what I’m arguing, the chance to make it two times is a lot less than 50%. It’s 25%. The odds of getting it once is 75%. If you fail the first try it goes down to 50%, both a lot less than 99% in kicking twice.

That’s the point! It’s a higher risk for the same reward.
OK. My final word. Your chances of 14 points - which means making it ONCE - are greater than 50%.
Your 15% applies to the chance of getting SIXTEEN. That entirely misses the point.

They have a >50% chance of the FIRST two point conversion, and then can kick.
Miss the first, and they then still have a >50% chance of the second conversion to get the same 14 they would get at best if kicking twice.

Done.