**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was treating Ro with family rules to start. When Ro went hardball business then Poles started treating him like a business adversary instead of family. That's just dealing with his shit like he should IMO. If he didn't I'd wonder about him.

He responded to an escalation with an escalation and now Quan escalated further. You see the problem yet.

If you expect Quan to de-escalate then that is a mistake so all you are doing is ensuring the escalation continues.

Regardless of what Quan did, he is not an adversary. He is an investment and the goal should be to maximize that investment.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People were getting on my case about posting about Quan in here and I was just saying they were running on in the other thread with personal bullshit so I stopped posting there.

The sexual tension thing was meant as a joke. I stick to talking football for the most part but appreciate the joke may have been ill timed given all the bullshit in that Quan thread.
I get it. But please don't.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of course he has. Removing him from PUP because he hurt your feelings is getting involved in the pissing contest.

The longer this drags on and the more acrimonius it gets the more likely to affect Quan's trade vale and make both sides look bad.

Weren’t you telling me before you realized these things take time?

Again….. relax. You’ve spent all day vortexing about this.

It’ll be OK. But it may take several more weeks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who else is ready for some football? Getting tired of the Roquan bs. This is the 21st century and you need a QB to be successful. Hoping this is the year that Justin ends the Bears QB curse.

Amen.

Whatever happens nothing is more important than QB1.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weren’t you telling me before you realized these things take time?

Again….. relax. You’ve spent all day vortexing about this.

It’ll be OK. But it may take several more weeks.

Nothing I said changes the fact it takes time. I am explaining how one should go about resolving this which isnt to continue the escalation IMO.

Quan is on a path to MAD and point is you gotta find the off ramp and someone is going to have to de-escalate at some point.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cmon man. Can you all just be adults? All you are doing here is inviting personal bullshit into this thread, which I'm trying hard to squash while remaining fair.

I don't like banning people, and frankly, I've got more important things to do with my time than chasing down reports trying to figure out who started what, where. My patience is running thin though. I'm gonna start banning anyone who even remotely baits, trolls or otherwise brings these threads off track.

Please be better.

cc: @Anytime23 @dabears70
Thank you!

napo55

Liked Posts:
Are you under the assumption that its the GM at the negotiating table?

Regardless, giving in to a players demands isn't what makes a good GM
It's not about "giving in." Its about understanding the person you're dealing with and acting accordingly. So you should treat an experienced agent differently than an emotional inexperienced player acting as his own agent. Creating bad feeliings is not a positive thing and hurts the team if the player/agent resents the way he's treated .

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not about "giving in." Its about understanding the person you're dealing with and acting accordingly. So you should treat an experienced agent differently than an emotional inexperienced player acting as his own agent. Creating bad feeliings is not a positive thing and hurts the team if the player/agent resents the way he's treated .

Thats why they have agents. And he fired a good one.

I have zero sympathy for a guy who doesn't even understand how the league works and has people calling around gauging trade interest who isn't certified

napo55

Liked Posts:
Thats why they have agents. And he fired a good one.

I have zero sympathy for a guy who doesn't even understand how the league works and has people calling around gauging trade interest who isn't certified
Lots of very good football players aren't necessarily the brightest lights in the socket. The idea is to accumulate the best players, regardless of how smart or sophisticated they are.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think J-Love and the boys will have a good showing.
Love is looking great. I wonder if he'll throw 4 or 5 INTs tonight. What do you think? At least 4 in the first half, right?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The bad feelings were already there from Roquan's side, but what exactly did Poles do to hurt Roquan's feelings? You think it's best to treat him like a prima donna, different than you would other players, because he fired his agent and then acted petulant for no reason? And you think Poles should pamper him? Poles is what most teams do to holdouts from the get go. And other players notice preferential treatment.