**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Honestly, Zach getting hurt might be the best thing for the jets.

He looks like a bust in progress. If Flacco comes out playing well, and they put zach back in to shit the bed, it will be much easier to yank him.
How does that make any sense? Flacco is trash. And if Wilson is trash, it’s better to have him play and find out. You don’t need to compare him to Flacco for that.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I would prefer Whitehair to shift to C as the backup and move someone into his G position vs seeing Mustipher or Kramer on the field .
What a dolt I was on another post! I completely forgot about Whitehair playing both the center and guard positions though I had thought of that before.

Yes, the Bears have a ton of guard candidates (many of them very young) compared to center/guard candidates.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I mean, what is he (or whoever is in his camp) thinking.
Ok, it was me.

My thought process was that I could get a whole lot of teams to forfeit a draft pick for tampering. Seeing that I have nothing to do with Smith nor the Bears, they would not get in trouble.

Think of it as a one-man sting operation.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Why does every moron with a computer think they can write? I mean FFS how are the Bears going to get in trouble for trade tampering with a player that is on their team.

:speechless:

Bears Involved With Tampering For Roquan Smith Trade A Possibility​

Could the Bears be in trouble with the Roquan Smith issue?

by
Pat Boadway

• The situation surrounding the Chicago Bears and Roquan Smith is as sticky as ever. The star linebacker has been holding out for a new deal. Until Saturday’s preseason game, where he obviously didn’t play but remained on the sidelines, Smith could have partaken in activities since being removed from the PUP list.

Now it appears that won’t be the case and there have been several inquiries about a potential trade for Roquan Smith. However, new reports from NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, state that an individual inquiring about Smith isn’t an agent and is doing so without written consent which is in fact tampering.

Are The Bears In Trouble With Roquan Smith?​

The memo Pelissero describes states that a person who isn’t a certified agent is contacting NFL clubs about Roquan Smith. Furthermore, the memo specifically states that dealing in trade talks without written permission is tampering. Pelissero continued by quoting a specific line from the memo sent by the NFL Management Council:

So far, the Chicago Bears aren’t guilty of any tampering. But if this situation continues down this path and the NFL discovers there was some foul play, there could be more stringent discipline as the tweet above states.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whitehair is still a better center than Musty. The bad snaps are exaggerated. Yes he had some issues but they never cost us games to the level that Musty's shitty blocking would.
I agree overall but if he can't consistently snap a long spiral, the rest doesn't matter.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Low snaps, wobbly shogtun snaps, fumbles... he sucks at it.
He cleaned it up once he started snapping dead balls (no spin). Either way Whitehair should be the last option at C. He’s fine where he’s at, LG is his best position.

I’m more intrigued by Jenkins at RG. He has some decent wheels for a big man and he is a mauler. I feel like I read his foot speed wasn’t great for a T but at OG that shouldn’t be a big deal as long as it is adequate. Patrick/Jenkins could also be a fairly athletic C/G combo with a mean streak opening running lanes and getting down field for Monty. RG could be his best position and I feel like it serves the team best to have a (potentially) very good RG and an adequate RT rather than adequate RG and average a RT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Why does every moron with a computer think they can write? I mean FFS how are the Bears going to get in trouble for trade tampering with a player that is on their team.

by
Pat Boadway

• The situation surrounding the Chicago Bears and Roquan Smith is as sticky as ever. The star linebacker has been holding out for a new deal. Until Saturday’s preseason game, where he obviously didn’t play but remained on the sidelines, Smith could have partaken in activities since being removed from the PUP list.

Now it appears that won’t be the case and there have been several inquiries about a potential trade for Roquan Smith. However, new reports from NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, state that an individual inquiring about Smith isn’t an agent and is doing so without written consent which is in fact tampering.

The memo Pelissero describes states that a person who isn’t a certified agent is contacting NFL clubs about Roquan Smith. Furthermore, the memo specifically states that dealing in trade talks without written permission is tampering. Pelissero continued by quoting a specific line from the memo sent by the NFL Management Council:

So far, the Chicago Bears aren’t guilty of any tampering. But if this situation continues down this path and the NFL discovers there was some foul play, there could be more stringent discipline as the tweet above states.
Very unlikely this came from the Bear side of the equation.

greg23

Liked Posts:

by
Pat Boadway

This is worse than an CCS Bears related article.

So the Bears are secretly calling teams about a trade and could face discipline?

Right.