Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Why does every moron with a computer think they can write? I mean FFS how are the Bears going to get in trouble for trade tampering with a player that is on their team.

:speechless:

Bears Involved With Tampering For Roquan Smith Trade A Possibility​

Could the Bears be in trouble with the Roquan Smith issue?

by
Pat Boadway

• The situation surrounding the Chicago Bears and Roquan Smith is as sticky as ever. The star linebacker has been holding out for a new deal. Until Saturday’s preseason game, where he obviously didn’t play but remained on the sidelines, Smith could have partaken in activities since being removed from the PUP list.

Now it appears that won’t be the case and there have been several inquiries about a potential trade for Roquan Smith. However, new reports from NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, state that an individual inquiring about Smith isn’t an agent and is doing so without written consent which is in fact tampering.

Are The Bears In Trouble With Roquan Smith?​

The memo Pelissero describes states that a person who isn’t a certified agent is contacting NFL clubs about Roquan Smith. Furthermore, the memo specifically states that dealing in trade talks without written permission is tampering. Pelissero continued by quoting a specific line from the memo sent by the NFL Management Council:

So far, the Chicago Bears aren’t guilty of any tampering. But if this situation continues down this path and the NFL discovers there was some foul play, there could be more stringent discipline as the tweet above states.
How could the Bear be guilty of anything. They can call whomever they want, whenever they want. They wouldn't bother with some fake persona.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like this, but seems like there is something with Whitehair that makes him not a great center. Like maybe he is too dumb to identify the mlb and make protection calls, idk
Nope. Just the snap thing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree overall but if he can't consistently snap a long spiral, the rest doesn't matter.

He had a case of the yips but it largely resolved itself. Dude has 3840 career snaps at C and 2117 at LG so the irony is he has been a C for 2/3rds of his career including his Pro Bowl appearence.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The point of statistics is to uncover or elucidate trends in a data set that are otherwise undetectable or counter-intuitive and to reduce the influence of bias.

They are useful only insofar as they reflect actual reality. The moment a statistical test diverges from what is observed, that test becomes junk. You throw out the test, not reality.

With pff OL grading (and some of their QB grading) they fail this basic principle of stats. Their analysis diverges so wildly from observed phenomenon that they cannot be trusted.

From what I have seen of their OL stats, it's not even the analysis that is fucked. It's their data. The way they score OL and the way they massage the data seems arbitrary half the time and overly dependent on human interpretation of individual plays, leaving them wildly inconsistent and open to bias.

Their grades are not stats. They are more akin to a scout grading a player's film ie a highly subjective evaluation.

Their stats for OL are different and often differ from their grades.

For example Kramer got a 15 pass blocking grade despite their stats saying he didnt give up a single pressure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chris Simms is a fucking moron. If fields threw that ball in stride to mooney he either:

1) Gets intercepted
2) Mooney gets destroyed by the safety.

The much better and safer option was to throw a back shoulder jump ball. Yea, much lower chance of completion, but it won't get intercepted or get your guy killed.

Simms just mad that he had Zach Wilson and Kellen Mond as better qb's than Justin Fields.

Yes this is the opposite of that back shoulder throw in camp that I debated with people. In that it was one on one and Moonry had the CB beat so you should lead him for thr TD. In this one there is a S over the top so back shoulder was the eay to go.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
For those of you who shit on Roquan for requesting the trade.

one agent believes Smith will fall short in his pursuit. But another agent said the trade request was the right move.

Agents know that a trade request often is not a wish for the player to go to another team, but a tool in an agent's toolbox to get a deal done. Sometimes, it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it is not an immediate burning of bridges.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Agents know that a trade request often is not a wish for the player to go to another team, but a tool in an agent's toolbox to get a deal done. Sometimes, it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it is not an immediate burning of bridges.
Asking for a trade is one thing. Going directly to the media to ask is another. And then completely trashing the organization as a whole while doing it…

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He had a case of the yips but it largely resolved itself. Dude has 3840 career snaps at C and 2117 at LG so the irony is he has been a C for 2/3rds of his career including his Pro Bowl appearence.
I love the way he mans the position but that isn't the issue. Yips? He was shotgunning end over end lobs. Takes noticeably longer for the QB to get depth, his eyes up, the ball ready and fucks with the rhythm. The QB under center thing is not a big issue for me and I could easily live with the random bad snap there. I said he'd be a great fit for center on draft day due to his strengths but who knew he couldn't consistently spiral a snap?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Only problem is that if can't snap a spiral, it will fuck up the timing and Fields' eyes. Might still be the best option. I like him best at C and wish he'd have just figured out how to properly snap the gun.
Isn't Patrick due back from his thumb injury by opening game?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

You know what does burn bridges? Having some random guy, illegally, calling around to teams to gauge trade interest. Roquan is dumb

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

How I felt when he did it but really, without an agent to get permission to pursue? It's got no teeth.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love the way he mans the position but that isn't the issue. Yips? He was shotgunning end over end lobs. Takes noticeably longer for the QB to get depth, his eyes up, the ball ready and fucks with the rhythm. The QB under center thing is not a big issue for me and I could easily live with the random bad snap there. I said he'd be a great fit for center on draft day due to his strengths but who knew he couldn't consistently spiral a snap?

Yips because his snaps were fine in 2016 and then he just lost it for a period of time. Like Chuck Knoblock who was a fine 2nd baseman until he just started airmailing throws from 2nd base.

He made the All Rookie team in 2016 and Pro Bowl in 2018 at C. Again think the issue was overblown. His grades at C blow Musty's out of the water.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their grades are not stats. They are more akin to a scout grading a player's film ie a highly subjective evaluation.

Their stats for OL are different and often differ from their grades.

For example Kramer got a 15 pass blocking grade despite their stats saying he didnt give up a single pressure.
I hear what you're saying and not tryna be pedantic, but using a number to represent a physical phenomenon is a statistic

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How I felt when he did it but really, without an agent to get permission to pursue? It's got no teeth.

True but it also makes you look like a fucking imbecile. Teams now see you as immature and possibly don't want the headache.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hear what you're saying and not tryna be pedantic, but using a number to represent a physical phenomenon is a statistic

Even if I accept that it is not any different than a scout puting a number to their grade as some scouts grade players on an 5, 8 or 10 point scale. NFL.com for example using an 8 point scale.

My point though was their grades are completely different than what I would call their actual stats/metrics.