**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
good for him but doesnt mean he was healthy back in march when he agreed to a deal with the bears...signing him anyways and then his health not panning out would have been a real bad look for the first time GM.
He could have been poles McPhee. Might have been the first time bears team doctors actually caught an injury before an investment.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I really hope I’m wrong about him only being a good in line TE. I just don’t see him as a move weapon. The way I see him working is exactly like they did on the screen, he appears to block and then turns for the screen after the LB has moved off of him.

I see his strength as an in-line blocker being what allows him to get open and make catches. I don’t see him being able to create like Pitts or Kelsey. I see him being very good this year, but not as a U, only if they use him as a good blocking Y and get him the all off of screens, misdirection, and come backs on the scrambles.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
good for him but doesnt mean he was healthy back in march when he agreed to a deal with the bears...signing him anyways and then his health not panning out would have been a real bad look for the first time GM.
and it's a 1 year deal so Poles may have another chance next spring.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was able to walk off. I was watching the game (the Giants are pretty effing awful too I think we may have dodged a bullet with Dabol - note that I was not for or against hiring him). Hope it's not something serious, hate to see a young man get injured like that during preseason, especially at the start of his career.

Why do people make these broad observations based on a few preseason games?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He could have been poles McPhee. Might have been the first time bears team doctors actually caught an injury before an investment.
from what i remember mcphee was a very different situation, mcphee was never a starter for the ravens when pace signed him and his body just didnt hold up after that first full year...ogunjobi has been a starter year in and year out and just unfortunately suffered that foot injury in the playoffs and just didnt heal in time when the bears came calling.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol. Size yes, hands tbd and speed no. He is not fast at all.
I think it's more that he gathers speed and is not quick than about his top speed. That hasn't gotten better with bulk he's added.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with the way the team handled it. They kept their cool and were firm but not confrontational after he publicly asked for a trade. They always had the leverage and they knew he would have to fold eventually.

I straight up hate capitalism but I still don't get the whole "billionaire owner vs blue collar player" narrative. Maybe pro athletes were wage slaves before the era of free agency but they are part of the labor aristocracy now and I don't have much sympathy for them in terms of compensation.

The owners are cockroaches and not entitled to a fucking thing in my opinion but whether we like it or not they kicked the NFLPA's ass in contract negotiations so they get most of the pie. Are they supposed to renegotiate the deal every time a prima donna player feels disrespected?
Fuck capitalism

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
There is nothing illegal about that block. To me there is nothing dirty about that block.
I'm going to get pelters, but I agree with you.

Within the rules, technically. Unless those rules are changed, the social media and most likely media witch hunt, will again fuck about with where you can hit and can't hit a player with and without the ball.

It's a slippery slope.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Why do people make these broad observations based on a few preseason games?
Its all they got to go off and the media is keen to quench people's desperate thirst for constant football content. George Pickens is now Randy Moss without ever having played a meaningful snap.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lol. Size yes, hands tbd and speed no. He is not fast at all.

He ran about the same 40 time as Gronk. So he’s not slow.

But yeah he’s not one of those “jumbo WR” type tight ends either.

For a big TE that can block I’d say he’s pretty fast. At least straight line speed. He’s definitely not shifty.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is nothing illegal about that block. To me there is nothing dirty about that block.
Meh, Idk. Defenders are not allowed to go low on WRs and god forbid they even touch a QB. This seems like an unfair advantage