**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is nothing illegal about that block. To me there is nothing dirty about that block.
I vehemently disagree.

That is a legal block. You can't block below the waist when outside the tackle box or when the defender is engaged. This blocker is inside the tackle box.

If you recall, James Daniel got called for a block below the waist last year on TJ Watt and Bears fans went nuts because they felt the blocker was still in the tackle box and it negated a TD. The only difference in those two players was in this one the guy unfortunately got injured.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kind of interesting that Jesper Horsted was targeted 3 times and led the LV Raiders with 3 receptions for 53 yards yesterday. He seemed to be a skilled receiver and we sure need receivers. Why did we let him go?

Jesper is doing what Jesper does…. Show up during preseason.

Once the big boys play…. (In this case Waller)… he’ll be relegated to a backup role if he even makes the team. He’s listed at #5 on the Raiders depth chart at the moment.

Cc: @Hawkeye. @nvanprooyen

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a legal block. You can't block below the waist when outside the tackle box or when the defender is engaged. This blocker is inside the tackle box.

If you recall, James Daniel got called for a block below the waist last year on TJ Watt and Bears fans went nuts because they felt the blocker was still in the tackle box and it negated a TD. The only difference in those two players was in this one the guy unfortunately got injured.

It was dirty man. If that's technically legal then they need to change the rules. He didn't dive for the front of his legs, he dove straight for the side of the knee. We're not going to agree and that's okay, but I'd be very surprised if you'd got a lot of players, current or past, who'd be okay with that happening to them (or a teammate).

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was dirty man. If that's technically legal then they need to change the rules. He didn't dive for the front of his legs, he dove straight for the side of the knee. We're not going to agree and that's okay, but I'd be very surprised if you'd got a lot of players, current or past, who'd be okay with that happening to them (or a teammate).

Brian Daboll himself said it wasn't dirty.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not arguing your personal opinion on the matter. Just telling you it is legal. Dude's own coach said so and they teach their players to do it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
think he's simply saying mustipher is not as bad as fans have made him out to be...i'm not a fan of mustipher myself but he is a solid backup, i dont want him to start but bears could do a lot worse than him.

Yeah Musty as an IOL backup at a couple million is perfectly fine IMO. Issue is he is not a long term starter IMO.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
think he's simply saying mustipher is not as bad as fans have made him out to be...i'm not a fan of mustipher myself but he is a solid backup, i dont want him to start but bears could do a lot worse than him.
I think fans are going to be very surprised at a few of the moves Poles makes. I’m guessing he has very different takes on some players than we do.