**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I think fans are going to be very surprised at a few of the moves Poles makes. I’m guessing he has very different takes on some players than we do.

we are already seeing first hand how calm and collected poles operates...
let daniels walk instead of paying him nearly double digit salary
held firm on the roquan situation
found a LT in the 5th rd that looks to be a stud
noone is really talking about it but carter also looks pretty good at guard, oline situation is looking far better in just 1 offseason.

have no doubt he will find a WR and a 3 tech to add after final cuts...Those imo seem to be the weakest areas on the roster

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really hope I’m wrong about him only being a good in line TE. I just don’t see him as a move weapon. The way I see him working is exactly like they did on the screen, he appears to block and then turns for the screen after the LB has moved off of him.

I see his strength as an in-line blocker being what allows him to get open and make catches. I don’t see him being able to create like Pitts or Kelsey. I see him being very good this year, but not as a U, only if they use him as a good blocking Y and get him the all off of screens, misdirection, and come backs on the scrambles.

This O doesn't really call for a move TE. Given the focus on the run game, it calls for someone who can block. You can't run outside zone if your TE is not a good blocker
Kind of interesting that Jesper Horsted was targeted 3 times and led the LV Raiders with 3 receptions for 53 yards yesterday. He seemed to be a skilled receiver and we sure need receivers. Why did we let him go?

Because he can't block. You are not going to get a lot of run in this system if you can't block the outside zone. Even when Kittle is not catching a lot of balls, he adds tremendous value because he is an elite run blocker.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Kind of interesting that Jesper Horsted was targeted 3 times and led the LV Raiders with 3 receptions for 53 yards yesterday. He seemed to be a skilled receiver and we sure need receivers. Why did we let him go?
It may be because the Bears this year are not going to use a U tight end this year moving to more pro set with a FB, like the 9ers.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't get how anyone believes Mustipher has looked good. He sucked at ND & is the same crappy player here.
It's unfortunate Daniels didn't get another crack at Center after his rookie season. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I have to think he'd be better than Mustipher. Instead Daniels was stuck at Guard and not developed due to the ineptitude of Matt Nagy & Co

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
LOL, you O-line hasn't done shit yet. Playing well against 2nd and third teams means nothing. How many points have the starters scored so far?
Because the Lions starters have scored soooooo many more points than the Bears haha.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
LOL, you O-line hasn't done shit yet. Playing well against 2nd and third teams means nothing. How many points have the starters scored so far?
Well, since the right side is not nailed down yet, and the starting C has not played a down in the preseason yet, TBD for the regular season. Now the guys who did play most of the first half against the Seahawks allowed 0 sacks, 0 pressures as an entire unit, I would say they did fine.

BTW it was you who called out the Bears for moving on from Daniels, who you called one of our two best offensive linemen. The same Daniels who has totally sucked for the Steelers. So, let's not move the goal posts here, at least try to stay on tract.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Could be a camp body to fill in for practice
Maybe you’re right. I saw a tweet on here with a picture of him in a cast. Maybe they are healing him up, yet they still want a true FB to get the right looks and play the O correctly. I can see them keeping a player that can be both a back up FB and the 4th TE over a dude that’s solely a FB. So, yeah, good point.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's unfortunate Daniels didn't get another crack at Center after his rookie season. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I have to think he'd be better than Mustipher. Instead Daniels was stuck at Guard and not developed due to the ineptitude of Matt Nagy & Co
Well it didn't help the Bears installed a very over-complicated blocking scheme that failed miserably at Oregon(Herflich?).

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Maybe you’re right. I saw a tweet on here with a picture of him in a cast. Maybe they are healing him up, yet they still want a true FB to get the right looks and play the O correctly. I can see them keeping a player that can be both a back up FB and the 4th TE over a dude that’s solely a FB. So, yeah, good point.
Blasingame was back participating at practice yesterday.