**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is Whitehair costs more to cut than keep. His cap hit is 12.3m this year but if you cut him, it would have been 12.6m before March 20, 200 and now it is 16m because 3.5m became guaranteed after that date. So you would have to pay him or take a huge cap hit anyway so choosing Daniel over him means you would be spending either 22-26m on the two of them. Just doesn't make sense.
Yeah understand, I looked at that.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
It's unfortunate Daniels didn't get another crack at Center after his rookie season. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I have to think he'd be better than Mustipher. Instead Daniels was stuck at Guard and not developed due to the ineptitude of Matt Nagy & Co
I'm no OL expert, but I never understood that either.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The problem is Whitehair costs more to cut than keep. His cap hit is 12.3m this year but if you cut him, it would have been 12.6m before March 20, 2022 and now it is 16m because 3.5m of this year's salary became guaranteed after that date. So you would have to pay him or take a huge cap hit anyway so choosing Daniel over him means you would be spending either 22-26m on the two of them. Just doesn't make sense unless they are both clear cut starters.

What about trading him?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have what they already have. Isabella is garbage
Personally, I don't think anything should be off the table. What the Bears currently have is garbage. Might as well add some more and see what shakes out

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bermuda is fine for now, they will re-sod with bluegrass for the cold
OK, but doesn't that shit need time to root? Like so it doesn't just come up in clumps?

I mean, I don't really know shit about grass (never understood boomers and their obsession with cutting all the trees down to grow and mow grass ), but seems logical

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK, but doesn't that shit need time to root? Like so it doesn't just come up in clumps?

I mean, I don't really know shit about grass (never understood boomers and their obsession with cutting all the trees down to grow and mow grass ), but seems logical
Yes, sod takes several growing seasons to take root. But, with an unlimited budget I assuming anything is possible. Several weeks seem aggressive tho

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

bermunda takes like 2 weeks to root, probably sooner if they water properly

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What about that grass from Caddyshack?

Anyhow, I kind of miss that astroturf from the 80's at Soldier Field

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Well, since the right side is not nailed down yet, and the starting C has not played a down in the preseason yet, TBD for the regular season. Now the guys who did play most of the first half against the Seahawks allowed 0 sacks, 0 pressures as an entire unit, I would say they did fine.

BTW it was you who called out the Bears for moving on from Daniels, who you called one of our two best offensive linemen. The same Daniels who has totally sucked for the Steelers. So, let's not move the goal posts here, at least try to stay on tract.
To be completely fair, with the shit job the Bears have done on the OL, it makes perfect sense for one of the best OLmen on the Bears to be one of the worst on the Steelers.