**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Metcalf is here, Mooney might not reach that level for a contract, but fuck it, pay them while Fields is on a rookie deal.

I mean I am not 100% opposed to it but issue is Fields can get an extension as early as 2024. By then DK would be in 3rd year of an expensive deal and Mooney would be in the 2nd year.

I would much rather see if Mooney can be a true No 1 as if so then think drafting a WR is a better bet. If not then signing or trading for one is fine because them Mooney would like be paid more as a 2nr tier guy ie 10-15m.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Then it does make sense to blame his lack of production on Nagy. And you called people who did that idiots. It doesn't make sense.
You must have missed mixed up with someone else. I've been consistent in my hatred towards Nagy. I do blame him fully for Arobs drop off of production

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is just made up. AR was targeted the 3rd most times vs GB and his numbers didn't improve with Dalton either so blaming Fields is also bullshit. In fact, his only 3 games over 50 yds were with Fields.

I didn't really blame Fields. I dont know if, or to what degree, he is for fault for not getting Arob the ball. At the end of the day the blame sits on the Head coach. The coach designs the gane plan and on our case was the offensive playcaller.

Yet, Nagy never really seemed to focus on getting his best players the ball. He thought he was a genius who could find mismatches..but obviously he sucked at it.

Guys like Cooper Kupp, Travis Kelce, Deebo Samuel, Devante Adams...these guys get as many touches as possible. Teams get their playmaker the ball. Nagy, in a make or break year for himself decided like a dumbass to drop Arobs targets from 9.6 a game to 5.5...

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Talent and ability dont mean shit if you dont have courage and heart. There were several instances as well where he gave up on routes.

And whatever his beef with the Bears, there is no excuse for leaving Fields to fend for himself and literally walking off the Field.

Look I get why ARob may have checked out but the fact is regardless of the reasons why it was unprofessional and put Fields at risk. So fuck him. Dont care if he blows up with the Rams or not. He was no longer worthy of being a Bear because he put the franchise QB at risk. Period. End of story.

Again it really doesnt matter who you want to blame. ARob responded like a coward and bitch. Life will always have adverstiy. A dude of his stature and ability should know how to overcome it. Not pout like a lil bitch and put his QB at risk.

If it was all Nagy, Poles and Eber would have likely made an offer. However they want dudes who are professional and put in maximum effort. I can only imagine how disgusted they were watching a guy of ARob's caliber mail it in.

To be fair, I'm not even sure Arob knew Fields was coming his way. Looked like to me the staff was having him run a dummy route. He was frustrated
This was tlwards the end of the year. Staff already gave up on him and got him back for this rival game only for him to run dummy routes...

We literally didn't deserve ARob. He gave us some really food years only to be phased out because the staff was bitter towards him. Its so childish. I dont even think Arob was mad about the contract negotiations during the season as much as he was frustrated he was wasn't even really part of the gameplan.

I mean, why sign him under the franchise tag for over 20 mil if we are only going to give him 5 targets a game? After all, it was Arob running back to us to quickly sign the tag once he saw the underwhelming receiver market once fre agency hit. He was content to take what we offered him. Its the staff who sabotaged him for no reason.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Please explain how this aligns with what you previously said
How does this not align with what I previously have said? I've always blamed Nagy for Arobs drop in production. Arobs always been consistent as a player. He's always produced and made the tough catches, but he needed the targets.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair, I'm not even sure Arob knew Fields was coming his way. Looked like to me the staff was having him run a dummy route. He was frustrated
This was tlwards the end of the year. Staff already gave up on him and got him back for this rival game only for him to run dummy routes...

We literally didn't deserve ARob. He gave us some really food years only to be phased out because the staff was bitter towards him. Its so childish. I dont even think Arob was mad about the contract negotiations during the season as much as he was frustrated he was wasn't even really part of the gameplan.

I mean, why sign him under the franchise tag for over 20 mil if we are only going to give him 5 targets a game? After all, it was Arob running back to us to quickly sign the tag once he saw the underwhelming receiver market once fre agency hit. He was content to take what we offered him. Its the staff who sabotaged him for no reason.
Wow! He had a down year avoiding injury. Yes, coaching sucked but wasn't biased against AR. Deal with it.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If anybody is interested, my man posted the all-22 of N’keal here:

I was going to break down why I see him as a big Z (slot) with the ability to play X, but life got in the way. Again, maybe he will be the big X , and they’ll be able to put a slippery guy in the slot so one of the DBs gets pulled and puts single coverage on N’keal. So, he could be an X who plays some Z on run situations, or he can be crossed inside to allow for the faster Z to break out and vertical on the over S and force the switch.

Either way, what I saw was a lot of separation from him but him being under thrown and having to come back to the ball or change his route to the ball, which isn’t his strength at all due to him being a big guy. He’s like a Mack truck in straight line speed with surprisingly good hands. He’s got to be treated like he needs a few steps to get open, but he did show the ability to use 2 or 3 step horizontals in or out to break vertical and up.

I like what I see and can see them using him a lot at the X with the ability to move him around like a big blocking WR. I know a lot of people are thinking he’s like a move TE, and I’m not even sure if there’s much of a difference between a big blocking WR who can catch and a move HB/F/U standup TE. Good luck figuring that shit out.

Either way, I hope the vid helped.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
How does this not align with what I previously have said? I've always blamed Nagy for Arobs drop in production. Arobs always been consistent as a player. He's always produced and made the tough catches, but he needed the targets.
Are you reading your words? You literally said when arob has a 1k season it will shut up the idiots who said he fell off because of nagys gameplans. Then you've repeatedly blamed nagys gameplans. So are you claiming that you are an idiot or did you misspeak?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Wow! He had a down year avoiding injury. Yes, coaching sucked but wasn't biased against AR. Deal with it.
How was it not? How do you go from 9.6 targets a game for two years in a row to 5.5 targets a game? The coaches are the ones calling the plays. They are the ones designing the game plan. They are the ones instructing the QB. If they want to get Arob targets they would.

Arob said it himself. He would be involved in meetings, going over the gameplan, and would see himself less a part of it as he was in the past.