**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except he got fired because the Vikings have been ranked bottom third in defense for the last few years. (That's overall ranking. They have been near the top in sacks). The standard narative is Cousins sucks and the defense is good but the numbers don't really match that.
Yeah I guess I don't know the Vikings as well as I thought.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So you wanted him to overpay for guys that may or may not better? Until they play the games, no one knows how good any O-line is.

Poles made attempts at other free agents and was outbid, but he wasn't going to give anyone stupid money. Why so many people are on his case for not taking in more shitty contracts, that put the Bears in trouble in the first place from Pace, is beyond me.
I never said i wanted him to overpay for anyone, all i said was it doesn't seem to me like he took the OL too seriously after what he did, or didn't do, in free agency and the draft where he passed up on many OL when he could of taken the OL much more seriously if he chose to.

He made an attempt at Ryan Bates who was really another L.Patrick type OL who has looked good in his very minimal amount of starts.

After the offseason he's had so far people should be on his case with what he's done, or hasn't done, so far because he hasn't done much besides doing the easy work of tearing a team down.

I'll save my opinion on Poles as a GM after what i see him do with the cap space he has and the draft that he'll have all of his picks for which all should be real close to the top of each round.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I never said i wanted him to overpay for anyone, all i said was it doesn't seem to me like he took the OL too seriously after what he did, or didn't do, in free agency and the draft where he passed up on many OL when he could of taken the OL much more seriously if he chose to.

He made an attempt at Ryan Bates who was really another L.Patrick type OL who has looked good in his very minimal amount of starts.

After the offseason he's had so far people should be on his case with what he's done, or hasn't done, so far because he hasn't done much besides doing the easy work of tearing a team down.

I'll save my opinion on Poles as a GM after what i see him do with the cap space he has and the draft that he'll have all of his picks for which all should be real close to the top of each round.
But did the defense not suck ass last year too? Poles has to improve the ENTIRE team. If he felt Brisker and Gordon would have a bigger impact on the lineman still on the clock at that time, then you pick the players on D.
Just cause you take a lineman in the 2nd, doesn't make him better than one taken later in the draft. Jenkins and Borom from last year show just that example playing out.

He's trying to find talent at prices that the Bears can afford this year. I like what he's doing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He probably signed three free agent starters and drafted 4 OL. But please tell me more about how he “didn’t take it too seriously”.

I mean for fucks sake. ?‍♂️

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He probably signed three free agent starters and drafted 4 OL. But please tell me more about how he “didn’t take it too seriously”.

But there not all Tier 1 HOF free agents. Dongbear has high standards.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But did the defense not suck ass last year too? Poles has to improve the ENTIRE team. If he felt Brisker and Gordon would have a bigger impact on the lineman still on the clock at that time, then you pick the players on D.
Just cause you take a lineman in the 2nd, doesn't make him better than one taken later in the draft. Jenkins and Borom from last year show just that example playing out.

He's trying to find talent at prices that the Bears can afford this year. I like what he's doing.
Every single draft there's multiple players that end up better players than players drafted before them. I guarantee you there will be players drafted after Brisker and Gordon that will have better careers. I hope that's not the case but it will be. Jenkins has been too injured so far for anypone to have any clue how good he'll be and Borom was a 5th round draft pick so that's a good pick if he just makes the 53.

I 1000% understand what Poles is trying to do. I mean it's pretty damn obvious since it's one of the biggest rebuilds i've ever seen the Bears do. He's made multiple mistakes so far and this is just the tear down year with bringing in a bunch of cheap players and hope a few of them stick. The real work is next offseason when he'll be giving our multi year contracts which some will be big deals that he needs to hit on. He'll also be drafting towards the top of each round so he also needs to hit.

All i did in my post that you replied to and said i said things i never said in was reply to another post that said he thought Poles took the OL seriously with what he's done and i said i didn't agree so not sure where all this other stuff is coming from.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yep he signed two average vets and one young guy who's had very minimal starting time in the NFL and just got hurt, which we all know that on CCS that means the GM made a bad signing. Oh and can't wait to see how many of these late round OL make the team...LOL

Tell me more about how he did??????????????????????

Good to hear you think our OL that Poles built will be good this year though....SMFH

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears starting quarterbacks looking good in training camp is something I guess I am going to have to get used to.

I am instead used to Bears starting quarterbacks looking mediocre-to-bad in training camp, but the fans saying its just training camp and the coaches claiming the qb is all world when they practice without the fans and media.

Is this how they normally live on the other side of the NFL train tracks? Call me Mighty Joe Rockafeller....

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yep he signed two average vets and one young guy who's had very minimal starting time in the NFL and just got hurt, which we all know that on CCS that means the GM made a bad signing. Oh and can't wait to see how many of these late round OL make the team...LOL

Tell me more about how he did??????????????????????

Good to hear you think our OL that Poles built will be good this year though....SMFH
In your eyes, what does it mean to you if not all of Poles draft picks make the team?

Sure Poles didn’t go out and spend a ton of money but he has the o line set up to be better than what Pace left him with.

He also went out and drafted/signed players that fit the scheme that Getsy wants to run.

Poles is giving Fields the opportunity to run an offenses that fits his skill set. So although they may be minor, Poles is doing a lot of good things.