**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
So this is extremely premature but… Kyler Gordon reportedly unlikely to be one of our starting outside corners? Did we not draft him to be? Is his trajectory behind some other guys we passed over in the draft, or was this always anticipated to be his scheme fit?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this is extremely premature but… Kyler Gordon reportedly unlikely to be one of our starting outside corners? Did we not draft him to be? Is his trajectory behind some other guys we passed over in the draft, or was this always anticipated to be his scheme fit?
They have been playing him at NB because of his versatility. It seems like he will be outside CB in base and NB in Nickle packages.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Shit like this really makes me worry about Fields. They said this stuff about Mitch too.

And don’t give me the he’s in a new offense excuse. He was slow making decisions in college and it hasn’t gotten better in the NFL.
I think that's absolutely his biggest concern. I also think the new offense is definitely a legitimate excuse regardless of if it's been an issue. If you aren't 100% familiar with the play, you likely aren't going to be on time with the read. He needs to improve throughout camp.

Btw Josh Allen struggled early in his career with reads and has certainly improved on it as he's gotten more comfortable with the offense. Not making a comp here, but just saying players can improve that with comfort in the offense.

Another thing is when he gets more comfortable reading defenses, he will learn to look defenses off his read early in the play.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Shit like this really makes me worry about Fields. They said this stuff about Mitch too.

And don’t give me the he’s in a new offense excuse. He was slow making decisions in college and it hasn’t gotten better in the NFL.
How about we wait for at least ONE preseason game before claiming this crap? I agree he has a LOT to prove in this area, and will not succeed in the NFL without it. But it’s a week into camp…lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think that's absolutely his biggest concern. I also think the new offense is definitely a legitimate excuse regardless of if it's been an issue. If you aren't 100% familiar with the play, you likely aren't going to be on time with the read. He needs to improve throughout camp.

Btw Josh Allen struggled early in his career with reads and has certainly improved on it as he's gotten more comfortable with the offense. Not making a comp here, but just saying players can improve that with comfort in the offense.

Another thing is when he gets more comfortable reading defenses, he will learn to look defenses off his read early in the play.

Josh Allen is a unicorn though. Usually this doesn’t get fixed.

Anyways…. Obligatory I’m still rooting for Fields…. I still think he can pull it off…. Blah blah blah….

Don’t kill me folks. I’m just concerned.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Josh Allen is a unicorn though. Usually this doesn’t get fixed.

Anyways…. Obligatory I’m still rooting for Fields…. I still think he can pull it off…. Blah blah blah….

Don’t kill me folks. I’m just concerned.
Part of what allowed him to survive until he figured it out was his athleticism though, so *fingers crossed*

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sounds like this was part of the plan all along.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Recovery is tough on those. My wife had to have two. Best of luck and hope yall are doing great!
Thanks. I've been in and out of here all day, had a minor scare because they thought he would have to be in the NICU but it was much ado about nothing