Official WhiteSox Trade Discussion VOL 1

kwstriker299

Liked Posts:
^Your absolutely right. Any package to get Dunn would start with him, since he could be their immediate replacement.

If not, I hope he can show some plate discipline. I would love for him to become our Adam Dunn. He looked good on Sunday. Even though he was 1-4, he hit the ball real hard a couple of times.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
^Your absolutely right. Any package to get Dunn would start with him, since he could be their immediate replacement.

If not, I hope he can show some plate discipline. I would love for him to become our Adam Dunn. He looked good on Sunday. Even though he was 1-4, he hit the ball real hard a couple of times.

Theres no way he will be our Adam Dunn. His ceiling is probably more like Pablo Sandoval with even less discipline.

kwstriker299

Liked Posts:
Yes obviously hes right handed. I wasn't really trying to compare him to Dunn in terms of production (his OBP will never be that high), just more of him being the big bat in the middle of our order.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Yeah the RH/LH crap is overrated anyway. Im not sure he will ever have a good enough OBP to bat higher than 6th though. Although technically the best spot for a high SLG, low OBP guy is 3rd. But im sure Ozzie pays little attention to the concept of lineup optimization. (see: Juan Pierre)

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Yeah the RH/LH crap is overrated anyway. Im not sure he will ever have a good enough OBP to bat higher than 6th though. Although technically the best spot for a high SLG, low OBP guy is 3rd. But im sure Ozzie pays little attention to the concept of lineup optimization. (see: Juan Pierre)

And Kotsay, Mark. Oh yeah: Omar Vizquel, as well.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
And really, studies have shown that the difference between the extreme best and worst lineup constructors is about 10-20 runs over the course of a season. So really, we're not talking all that much production (adding an above-average hitter to a poorly constructed lineup would render the lineup construction moot), but on a team that is clearly going to be grasping for any runs it can find, wouldn't you want to put out the best possible lineup as opposed to the worst possible ones, which Ozzie comes close to doing time and time again?

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
And really, studies have shown that the difference between the extreme best and worst lineup constructors is about 10-20 runs over the course of a season. So really, we're not talking all that much production (adding an above-average hitter to a poorly constructed lineup would render the lineup construction moot), but on a team that is clearly going to be grasping for any runs it can find, wouldn't you want to put out the best possible lineup as opposed to the worst possible ones, which Ozzie comes close to doing time and time again?

Absolutely. I dont mind him hitting Vizquel at the top when he's clearly seeing the ball well right now though. We dont really have better options so we really have to play the hot hand.

But the fact that Juan Pierre is going to get the most AB's on the team this year says all you need to know about our offense.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Why rebump it? A few weeks ago TCQ looked lost and appeared that 08' was a fluke. Could still be, he's been hot but who's to say he keeps it up?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Small sample sizes can be nice. Or bad. Whatever.

Look, I'm not exactly sure where I stand on Quentin, though I'm leaning towards the "he's an average-at-best player that benefited from a long run of luck for one season" side. 2008 was a fantastic season, but everything he's shown since then leads me to believe that he's just not that good, and relies more on luck than anything else.

I hope I'm wrong, but let's calm down before we anoint him "back to 2008 form".

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Pretty quiet on the trade talk lately.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt be surprised or disappointed if KW made a buy-low move for Chone Figgins. Good glove at 3B, good OBP guy. Could be a nice leadoff man for the next few years.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt be surprised or disappointed if KW made a buy-low move for Chone Figgins. Good glove at 3B, good OBP guy. Could be a nice leadoff man for the next few years.

He's had a crush on Figgins forever, hasn't he?

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Just what we need, a Juan Pierre clone!

Re-Bump.

.274/.371/.607 In June. LOL.

.184/.262/.421 through the first half of June, so fail.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Just what we need, a Juan Pierre clone!

Sacrasm? Because they are very very different players. One is good defensively, the other sucks. One has a bad, AVG-driven career OBP. The other has a good career OBP and good plate discipline.

But Im sure you understand that since youre not a moron, so im sure it was sarcasm.

.184/.262/.421 through the first half of June, so fail.

Youre right he had a couple of bad weeks he will never bounce back from that. Lets give up on him. Fuck MVP potential, lets send him to the minors.