Official "Will Rondo get suspended?" thread

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Re:Official

cool007 wrote:

What are you talking about??? You need to see it another 100 times please coz you just don't know how people get suspended and for what.

That was intentional by Rondo - if it was just incidental, I can understand but he not only pulled him but also followed through (read rule for follow through), then he also threw an elbow at Hinrich's face (rule is whether you connect the elbow or not, if you swing the elbow at player(s), that is a COMPLETE NO NO). Dwight got suspended for that.

Also, given the 2 other incidents by Rondo, this was icing on the cake and should have convinced them to suspend him. How can a guy get away with these type of stuff game after game???[/quote]

I know the rule book, bud. And I don't need to watch it 100 more times. Believe me, I was in your shoes last night. I wanted him gone. But now that I've had time to calm down and look at the play objectively, and I stand by my opinion. I was just trying to point out the differences between the examples you were giving, and why they were much dirtier than what Rondo did.

Look, this is playoff basketball. The games are more physical. The calls are gona be different. It's a ridiculous double standard but it's true. Yes, he threw him down. I'm not denying that. But if Rondo is suspended, then so is Kirk. Because everything after the initial play was instigated by Kirk. And he came awfully close to hitting Rondo in the face.

I agree it is bullcrap and this series has been full of this dirty play, especially from Rondo. And Rondo threw an elbow, but you really can't tell if Rondo was intentionally throwing it, even if you think he was. And that's what Stu Jackson looked at and he could not determine if there was intent. He has to believe beyond a doubt that it was intentional, and unfortunately he couldn't.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

I agree it is bullcrap and this series has been full of this dirty play, especially from Rondo. And Rondo threw an elbow, but you really can't tell if Rondo was intentionally throwing it, even if you think he was. And that's what Stu Jackson looked at and he could not determine if there was intent. He has to believe beyond a doubt that it was intentional, and unfortunately he couldn't.

How could he not have intentionally thrown the elbow, it's like saying he accidentally threw a punch. The play was worse than the Posey hip check and just as bad as the Horry one which both drew suspensions. The fact that he tripped Kirk, smacked Miller in the face, and just grabbed Miller and pulled him to the ground later in the game all reeks of "this guy needs a sit down and a talking to".

He's had 3 plays in the series which were excessive, dangerous, and non basketball plays. Rondo has played in a reckless and dangerous fashion, and his fouls would have caused suspension in just about any other circumstance I can think of. It's not surprising the NBA doesn't want to suspend him in this money maker series, but he's very deserving of it IMO.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
And as for throwing an elbow, well he missed. If he connected, he would have been suspended, but he didn't, and he isn't. I've seen the replay a 100x's and it was a flagrant 1.

With a punch, it doesn't matter if you connect, if you throw one then you are out. I don't get how an elbow is different in this circumstance since it wasn't a play where he was swinging his arms around for some other reason.

If Nocioni was on this team Rondo would be in the hospital right now.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
And as for throwing an elbow, well he missed. If he connected, he would have been suspended, but he didn't, and he isn't. I've seen the replay a 100x's and it was a flagrant 1.

With a punch, it doesn't matter if you connect, if you throw one then you are out. I don't get how an elbow is different in this circumstance since it wasn't a play where he was swinging his arms around for some other reason.

Oh please, Noc did nothing to Posey, there are no more enforcers in the nba, just a few dirty players.

AD was the last enforcer we had, I really miss having someone like that on our team, no way Perkins bullies everyone around with AD here.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:

Is everyone missing what I'm trying to say here? I agree. And I think he should be suspended. And it appeared like he threw an elbow. Kirk nearly hit him in the face. And no it doesn't matter if it's an elbow or a fist, and if it doesn't connect. But if you read what I said, I'm talking about a double standard here. We all know it. Its ridiculous. Its unethical. But theres nothing we can do about it. Every game is called different, and the playoffs are called entirely different than the regular season. There's no denying that. The league office looks really bad on this one, but they are so scared of doing to Boston what they did to Phoenix, even if the circumstances are completely different.

To put it simply, Rondo is not suspended because this series is bringing in way too much revenue for Stern or Jackson to jepordize, and they know it.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:

Ok, so this is the real reason why Rondo is not suspended for game 7.

From NBA.com:
Game 6 of Bulls-Celtics is most-watched first-round game
By Official release
Posted May 1 2009 5:44PM

TNT delivered a slam dunk on Thursday night with the triple-overtime showdown of the Boston Celtics at Chicago Bulls Game 6, earning a 3.5 US HH rating and delivering 4,048,000 households and 5,352,000 total viewers making the game the most watched Round One NBA game in cable television history. In addition, the game was also cable's #1 telecast for the evening in households, total viewers and key adult and male demos. Chicago evened the series at three games apiece with a 128-127 victory in the NBA playoff record fourth overtime game in the series.