Offseason thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ahhh, yet another change in the wind.

"20M gets you a top closer. I would prefer Jed to also target Jansen for catcher." 7/29/24

Danny Jansen (30)

Kenley Jansen (37)*

Not the same one. 10/8/2024

Context is important.
Talking about catcher then talking about the pen.

Regardless this is all theory crafting. I don't see Jed getting out of his comfort zone so I expect another cricket off season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jed should target Buehler. From this years results he must have rushed returning from TJ due to his walk year and ownership blowing up payroll. He has not looked right all year.

But this puts risk into teams looking at him this year. Jed tends to target players in this situation and normally it becomes a boon.

That said I am rooting for the Pads. But seeing how he got it together after that 6 run 2nd and giving 5 innings. I do like that as he got it together and kept the game close.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Jed should target Buehler. From this years results he must have rushed returning from TJ due to his walk year and ownership blowing up payroll. He has not looked right all year.

But this puts risk into teams looking at him this year. Jed tends to target players in this situation and normally it becomes a boon.

That said I am rooting for the Pads. But seeing how he got it together after that 6 run 2nd and giving 5 innings. I do like that as he got it together and kept the game close.
no, just no

we are not acquiring an oft injured pitcher whose best years are behind him and over age 30. that is financial malpractice for a sports franchise

CSF77

Liked Posts:
no, just no

we are not acquiring an oft injured pitcher whose best years are behind him and over age 30. that is financial malpractice for a sports franchise

You might be right. He looks ready for the walker and prepping to yell at the kids on his lawn.

1728490881522.jpeg

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You might be right. He looks ready for the walker and prepping to yell at the kids on his lawn.

View attachment 41033
are we talking baseball players or not??

but yes, please do go on some more about how great of an idea it is to give an often injured pitcher over 30 a bunch of $$, though!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
are we talking baseball players or not??

but yes, please do go on some more about how great of an idea it is to give an often injured pitcher over 30 a bunch of $$, though!
Ok I guess you have not been reading my posts

I have never said toss TOR cash.

I said that this is a typical Jed target (aka Bellinger) to get at a lower market value. This gives Buehler a chance to up his value.

TJ typically go from 12-18Months recovery. He came back at 12Months and did not look sharp.

If he was 34 and like Kyle just doing the motions then I would not even have posted his name. 30 is not over and there is a 96% recovery rate of the surgery going in.

So a 1 and a opt sure. Cubs have Brown and Horton that most likely will force their way into the roster.

Now that said I was against the Cody resign because he did not do enough to justify 27M with opts. And 3 of his positions were MLB ready talent that is causing real issue right now

Seeing how it is pitching that we are talking about and not catching. Injuries happen and extra depth gambles with upside and not overpaid makes sense. Jed got Arrieta from a deal like that

He has the balls to go after a multi? peace out bro

Add to it I believe you were laughing at me for saying trade for Glass

Right now lacking Glass has really put the Dodgers behind the 8 ball. But the fact that he rebounded like that? Ya I will take it

Dodgers weakness has been in rotation depth. Biting them in the ass now

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ok I guess you have not been reading my posts

I have never said toss TOR cash.

I said that this is a typical Jed target (aka Bellinger) to get at a lower market value. This gives Buehler a chance to up his value.

TJ typically go from 12-18Months recovery. He came back at 12Months and did not look sharp.

If he was 34 and like Kyle just doing the motions then I would not even have posted his name. 30 is not over and there is a 96% recovery rate of the surgery going in.

So a 1 and a opt sure. Cubs have Brown and Horton that most likely will force their way into the roster.

Now that said I was against the Cody resign because he did not do enough to justify 27M with opts. And 3 of his positions were MLB ready talent that is causing real issue right now

Seeing how it is pitching that we are talking about and not catching. Injuries happen and extra depth gambles with upside and not overpaid makes sense. Jed got Arrieta from a deal like that

He has the balls to go after a multi? peace out bro
lol no he didnt

when the cubs acquired Arrieta, he was an arbitration player making 500,000K a year. Cubs paid Arrieta about 31 million over 4.5 years as a Cub

Buehler is a FA that is coming off a season making 8 mil per year. he will get more than that in FA from someone that thinks like you.

very different situations...not to mention arrieta was a trade and Buehler is a FA

CSF77

Liked Posts:
lol no he didnt

when the cubs acquired Arrieta, he was an arbitration player making 500,000K a year. Cubs paid Arrieta about 31 million over 4.5 years as a Cub

Buehler is a FA that is coming off a season making 8 mil per year. he will get more than that in FA from someone that thinks like you.

very different situations...not to mention arrieta was a trade and Buehler is a FA

On July 2, 2013, the Orioles traded Arrieta and fellow pitcher Pedro Strop to the Chicago Cubs in exchange for starting pitcher Scott Feldman and catcher Steve Clevenger.

Feldman was a rental. Maybe I need to spell it out better for you. Because I said a flip and that was the context. But you turned into what ever you posted....

That trade was Jed's best deal to date.

So yes signing a pitcher on a 1 year deal can turn into another opertunity if they suck. And I am leaning towards sucking yet again because that is what Jed does well

TL1961

Liked Posts:

The guy who hit the grand slam made it close after Buehler failed to keep it close.

There is some benefit to getting value reclamation projects when they work out. But the Cubs need top end performance, not a mediocre player at poor player prices.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Huna. Dodgers just pushed a pen arm as the starter tonight

Mets are looking likely to advance.

Interesting NL series'.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The guy who hit the grand slam made it close after Buehler failed to keep it close.

There is some benefit to getting value reclamation projects when they work out. But the Cubs need top end performance, not a mediocre player at poor player prices.

This is fair. I feel that Jed is over his head right now. He was really good at the building the system and finding gold nuggets.

I just feel that he should do that again and sell and walk away so Tom can hire someone with a nutsac

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Tom'$ note to the fans:

Boo hoo we were injured.

But we win in most top 100 prospects who hoo

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Theo when offed to continue running the team:

Sorry I have self respect.

Jed when offered:

Payday baby.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
@CSF77 you okay??? you smelling burnt toast???

The only thing I like about this soft season so far is that Jed can't stick it up the fans collective rear ends about how a underpriced team can make it in.

And that is :

1000007624.jpg

To you

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The only thing I like about this soft season so far is that Jed can't stick it up the fans collective rear ends about how a underpriced team can make it in.

And that is :

View attachment 41185

To you
powdered toooooast maaaaaan!!!!

best post you have ever made the over 11 years youve been on CCS

Congrats! youve gained a bit of respect back

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But ya Jed did a end season presser.

Said that they have to over perform projections vs expect a major F/A signing.

Then he basically begged Cody to move on.

After Tom$ put out a note to the fans in F-flat

How did it go? Oh ya.

We came out great oh ya...
But injuries stopped us oh no.

It doesn't matter that other teams also got injured because it is not on my spreadsheet. Oh ya.

So I beg ya don't go.

Here is to a great system I deflect.
To Ryno's statue I deflect.
But keep on filling the seats I expect.

2025 the same ole song and dance please don't reject.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Were you actually surprised? Team history, attendance, statues, conventions.....that's what this team is. It's all they need to be because the fanbase is a bunch of lemmings who flash their money to buy anything Cub related.

It was better when I was a kid and didn't know any better.......