Ok so hear me out

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
There's nothing Matt Eberflus can do to change my mind about firing him. The Bears could finish 9-8 and make the playoffs, and my answer would still be the same because I have absolutely zero confidence in his ability to develop a quarterback.

Everybody wants to fire Getsy, but if it weren't for hiring a defensive head coach, you wouldn't have this problem. Now, keeping Eberflus is going to leave it up to chance again that he can get the OC hire right, and then if he does, whether it's with Williams or Fields, that guy is going to get a head coaching job somewhere else and we're back to hoping again. How about we not do this anymore?

Fire Eberflus, trade Fields, draft Williams, hire an offensive mind. That should be the plan right now, but it's looking less and less likely by the week as they continue winning these games.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was kind of seeing this coming like a fortune teller hence why I was putting this out a few weeks ago.

The Montez sweat trade unlocked the defense and while I still think the smart move is to fire matt, I could see them bringing him back.

I think there's a very real possibility that Luke getsy is fired and that when Ron Rivera is let go, Eric Bieniemy becomes the new offensive coordinator and assistant head coach...
Besides Claypool Poles has traded for some elite players

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I'm going to say is this, the Lions had to wait till season three with their HC to get to where they are now, we saw the fire and fight year one, like the Lions, just no talent. They get and number 1 WR, they do try to get more talent in CLaypool and Scott (Claypool a busy we all know this.) Poles has had only 1 first round pick thus far and he pick up a Top Olinemen took two high picks to find a 3Tec, they are trying to find players with the top picks they have. Poles building through the draft... might take another few seasons...

To the OP that said 60/40, I'm 60/40 keep Flus, I'm 80/20 fire Getsy.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
All I'm going to say is this, the Lions had to wait till season three with their HC to get to where they are now, we saw the fire and fight year one, like the Lions, just no talent. They get and number 1 WR, they do try to get more talent in CLaypool and Scott (Claypool a busy we all know this.) Poles has had only 1 first round pick thus far and he pick up a Top Olinemen took two high picks to find a 3Tec, they are trying to find players with the top picks they have. Poles building through the draft... might take another few seasons...

To the OP that said 60/40, I'm 60/40 keep Flus, I'm 80/20 fire Getsy.
After retaining my dick for so long, I might actually rip it off if we kept Getsy.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was kind of seeing this coming like a fortune teller hence why I was putting this out a few weeks ago.

The Montez sweat trade unlocked the defense and while I still think the smart move is to fire matt, I could see them bringing him back.

I think there's a very real possibility that Luke getsy is fired and that when Ron Rivera is let go, Eric Bieniemy becomes the new offensive coordinator and assistant head coach...
I've definitely been on the "this secondary could be really good with a decent pass rush" bandwagon for a while now.

As an aside, it's crazy to see how much one guy can contribute to the overall whole. It just elevates everyone from the dline, to the secondary, and even the LBs to an extent.

The physical chess has always fascinated me. Football is the most beautiful game in the world.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Besides Claypool Poles has traded for some elite players

Ryan Poles has actually been one hell of a GM.

That's why my gut is telling me they end up sticking with fields.

I think someone like poles is honest with himself about the roster and knows that he can get every other position right with a trade down from number one overall, and isn't going to blow everything up with a new quarterback and brand new coaching across the board this offseason if he doesn't have to because no matter what idiot fans say, that will set them back a few years in terms of success.

Instead, by Trading the number one overall pick, he can solidify the rest of the roster as a playoff contending roster and may be able to fix the quarterback position through a better offensive coordinator and a change in scheme.

It's the less risky and more rewarding of the two options, and knowing him, he likely will hedge his bets by making sure that he gets a 2025 first round pick with whoever he trades down with. That way if next year Fields absolutely doesn't mesh with his third offensive coordinator and it becomes apparent to the front office that it isn't it, he's going to have an otherwise full playoff roster of players and talent there to drop a quarterback into and he can go draft one by trading up with now multiple number one picks.

That's where I'm thinking this is going but I'm more 60/40 on that scenario playing out that way.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I honestly have no clue how good or bad Getsy is. His play calling annoys me at times. I’m also aware that I have about 1/1000th the knowledge of football that he does. I also know it’s easy to look at things in hindsight and nit pick. I also know that being results oriented is rarely the correct. way to analyze things. I also know at times he is limited by his talent and the play of guys at key positions.

I also know all these things I’ve said apply to pretty much everyone on this board as well. And a majority of you lack any capability of looking at things objectively and have this naive desire to scapegoat people in order to be right or whatever. I hope the Bears keep winning and Getsy, Flus and Fields lead this team to success. And if that doesn’t happen we’ll have a new crew of guys. It’s that simple really. And you keyboard warriors will find something new to bitch about or pretend you have knowledge of when we all know the guys in that building have forgot more about football than any of you will ever know.

I also get that this a message board and we’re passionate fans who have opinions. It’s complicated. I just find the constant need to pin things down to one person and scapegoat them is some sad and pathetic shit simpletons do. The constant “whose fault was this” after losses like it’s that simple is shit morons do. This shit where you have to base your opinions on whatever bandwagon you jumped on. “I’m a Fields guy. I showed my support for him on CCS. So whenever the offense sucks I can’t blame him. I’ll blame to OC.“ That’s basically how a lot of dipshits on here operate.

I also know this post is way too long, nobody is reading it and I’m wasting my time typing it out.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've definitely been on the "this secondary could be really good with a decent pass rush" bandwagon for a while now.

As an aside, it's crazy to see how much one guy can contribute to the overall whole. It just elevates everyone from the dline, to the secondary, and even the LBs to an extent.

The physical chess has always fascinated me. Football is the most beautiful game in the world.
It really is. Even at the beginning of the season, and then I mean at the very beginning of the season, I could see the secondary was playing its ass off.

I was saying a pass rusher would change the entire defense even then, because I remember the Bears with Lovie, the year before they got Julius Peppers. I remember that secondary playing absolutely awesome and I remember everyone trashing the Bears defense and thinking everyone was absolute crap because very few Bears fans know football, for as much as they like to claim other people don't know...

When I saw the difference Julius Peppers made back then, it's sort of cemented the need for a pass rush in my brain and what a good secondary without a pass rush would look like. So when I saw the Bears this season it immediately reminded me of that which is why I was so confident in a pass rusher being able to change the equation.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Flus is earning his stay. He can be annoying, buy he also had to coach a roster with no talent. It's developing on defensive side of ball
You know what my biggest problem with Flus is? Why do the Bears always look so unprepared for like the first 6 games of the season? Is he too focused on running his players than he is on getting his players prepared to go in and win immediately? And they don't just lose in the beginning, they look outclassed.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Flus isn't going anywhere and people better get used to it.
I thought he was gone after week 4 but he's coming back minus a total meltdown from here on out, and that isn't happening.

The defense has been great since the Chargers game. Imo the vision Poles sold is exactly what's happening right now, a team coming together this year, dumping a ton of resources in this offseason, and continuity.

The only things up in the air are Getsy and Fields imo.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I dunno

Unless they pull a lions last year and win out and have a shot in week 17 for a playoff berth...not sure I'd trust fluberbus again

And Fields.....he so remedial in the pass game that's its mind boggling.....he still won't pull the trigger and is late on almost everything, even his completions.

The dream of having #1 and getting a boatload when trading it, while Fields is the guy......is a dream.....just don't see it from him, his inconsistencies show from quarter to quarter.

On the positive side.....he didn't turn it over; but tried with borderline fumble on drive 1

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I thought he was gone after week 4 but he's coming back minus a total meltdown from here on out, and that isn't happening.

The defense has been great since the Chargers game. Imo the vision Poles sold is exactly what's happening right now, a team coming together this year, dumping a ton of resources in this offseason, and continuity.

The only things up in the air are Getsy and Fields imo.
Agreed. And I think they need to have two separate serious conversations in regards to the QB and the OC. These decisions will be the most pivotal this century in regards to the future of the franchise. It's going to be a entertaining offseason for certain.