Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Well, with him inevitably passing through waivers, that's an additional 400k off the cap now than they would have had since his entire salary comes off.
I think he was injured from offseason ankle surgery at the time...thats why we COULDNT cut him...he had to pass a physical I think
Didn't we save cap space this winter too? So if we needed to clear Olesz's salary to make it, it must be a somewhat significant player?

correct

we will have between 6-7 mil once olesz clears

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Smith healthy scratch in Rockford

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cody Franson was available and drawing interest as of earlier today, maybe we're adding another d-man...

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he was injured from offseason ankle surgery at the time...thats why we COULDNT cut him...he had to pass a physical I think

Aye, for the first buyout period, I think you're right. Could have had an additional period with two players going to arbitration (Campy and Stalberg--had Stalberg actually had gone to arbitration) when he would have passed the physical.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Also, just in case anyone was praying that Olesz would be claimed, look no further than Hagman being waived in the last week or so.

Hagman is better than Olesz. Hagman barely makes less than Olesz. Hagman is a UFA after this year (probably the most important fact). Hagman was not claimed on waivers, he had to be claimed on re-entry waivers from the Ducks.

Always a chance but recent history doesn't help out.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said when your only argument is points, it is a poor argument. Points do mean something, but they definitely aren't the whole story.

Probably why I backed it up with other opinions. Also, when it comes to the powerplay, points have some more merit.

Nice try though - don't construe my words or take them out of context next time.

:rolleyes: what!?!? A point is a point regardless of the situation whether it is on the PP or on the PK. The value of a point is no more or no less...what dont you understand?

Other opinions? like how he was in the entry??? which is totally a false observation on your part. Im sure you could find a link where Jesse Rogers states that so it must be true. :rolleyes:

and tblow, it isnt about the hawks not finishing on the PP it is not being able to get started. hence my mike keenan comment.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Also, just in case anyone was praying that Olesz would be claimed, look no further than Hagman being waived in the last week or so.

Hagman is better than Olesz. Hagman barely makes less than Olesz. Hagman is a UFA after this year (probably the most important fact). Hagman was not claimed on waivers, he had to be claimed on re-entry waivers from the Ducks.

Always a chance but recent history doesn't help out.

Does it matter if he gets claimed? If the guy ends up in Rockford, then that salary is off the cap. I suppose the more important point is keeping the maximum amount of salary off of the cap as opposed to paying Olesz.

Leastwise that is my take on it -and I am wondering what I have missed otherwise.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
:rolleyes: what!?!? A point is a point regardless of the situation whether it is on the PP or on the PK. The value of a point is no more or no less...what dont you understand?

Other opinions? like how he was in the entry??? which is totally a false observation on your part. Im sure you could find a link where Jesse Rogers states that so it must be true. :rolleyes:

and tblow, it isnt about the hawks not finishing on the PP it is not being able to get started. hence my mike keenan comment.

Alright, let's review the situation because you can't seem to grasp it - to me, it looks like you are just trying to start a fight out of nothing, not surprised.

I ripped on CaptSerious for saying that he would pick Sedin over Toews, in a comparison thread, for using points as his ONLY reason.

I said Campbell wasn't that important to our powerplay over the last two years because of his points (which points hold more merit when talking about a powerplay compared to a comparison thread), the entry that the Blackhawks used (which we disagree on, which is fine but still another point I brought to the table), and because of his dropping powerplay time over the last two years.

You then attempt to start shit by saying I just ripped on CaptSerious for using points as an argument in general, which isn't the truth (I ripped on him for ONLY using points) and I also brought more points to the table.

So once again, stop trying to construe my words and take them out of context.

Go ahead and throw a meatball up there or a meaningless picture that only an immature 30+ yr old like yourself can do.

Last edited:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Does it matter if he gets claimed? If the guy ends up in Rockford, then that salary is off the cap. I suppose the more important point is keeping the maximum amount of salary off of the cap as opposed to paying Olesz.

Leastwise that is my take on it -and I am wondering what I have missed otherwise.

You are correct that it doesn't matter - as fans. It does come off the cap regardless.

It would be great to have Olesz get claimed though from a management/ownership stance. Olesz's salary is going to climb over $4mil for the next two years - which ownership is going to be stuck paying (just like Huet). Also, management is going to have to decide what to do with Olesz again next year. Finally, if Olesz does not get claimed, he will continue to take up a "contract" spot - which the Blackhawks are always around the maximum and were handcuffed with this situation last year (until Boynton got claimed).

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

False...Kane, Toews, Hossa, Leddy etc are fine getting the puck in...we cant score once we get into the zone....hence why the back door play is failing

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
False...Kane, Toews, Hossa, Leddy etc are fine getting the puck in...we cant score once we get into the zone....hence why the back door play is failing

Which is why the 2nd unit has been doing great. the puck movement and getting the puck to the net has allowed Brunetter and Montador those goals. If the 1st unit stops trying to do that back door 90% of the time it will get much better like we saw in the Vancouver game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
BEN SMITH! Call up

Heard it on ESPN1000 Jessie Rodgers reporting he was called up.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You know who is saying the Hawks and Islanders are going to make a deal today.

Blake Comeau could be a possible fit. Struggling BIG TIME this year.

Okposo was recently a healthy scratch but was also recently re-signed to a multi-year deal that is pretty cap friendly.

Streit won't happen...but boy do I love his game. Very underrated.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are the hawk and islander deal rumors?

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
You are correct that it doesn't matter - as fans. It does come off the cap regardless.

It would be great to have Olesz get claimed though from a management/ownership stance. Olesz's salary is going to climb over $4mil for the next two years - which ownership is going to be stuck paying (just like Huet). Also, management is going to have to decide what to do with Olesz again next year. Finally, if Olesz does not get claimed, he will continue to take up a "contract" spot - which the Blackhawks are always around the maximum and were handcuffed with this situation last year (until Boynton got claimed).

Maybe so, but Huet will be gone next season as I think his contract is up.

Yeah I felt like writing yesterday waiting for the Eklund- but why bother.

Has any other legit writer said anything?