On trading Derrick Rose

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls literally won the lottery the day they drafted Rose.

Then they had the league rules changed so they could give him a guaranteed $96 mil contract. A reasonable move at the time, we all thought (well most of us anyway).

Then they became instant losers the day he blew out his second knee. That's life. It sucks, but there is no Easy Cheese mad scientist trade scheme to make it all better. There is living through a period where a third of the cap goes to a player who may or may not ever be good again but most likely will never be great. There is no championship in this team's near future.

But by all means, scheme on - it's entertaining.

Liked Posts:
This is the viewpoint by you & a few others on internet message boards.

The people that matter....NBA Players, coaches, & execs....view Derrick Rose in a very positive light.

So, would those same GMs trade a top 5 2014 pick for him?

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
So, would those same GMs trade a top 5 2014 pick for him?
Doubtful. It's also doubtful that they would do it for (top 10 NBA players) Dwight Howard or Carmelo Anthony neither.

Matter of fact, it's doubtful that GMs would trade a top 3 2014 pick for any players except Lebron & Durant.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Doubtful. It's also doubtful that they would do it for (top 10 NBA players) Dwight Howard or Carmelo Anthony neither.

Matter of fact, it's doubtful that GMs would trade a top 3 2014 pick for any players except Lebron & Durant.

How did last year's top pick work out for Cleveland?

The truth is star players are a known commodity that teams desperately want. They instantly make the teams better and put butts in seats.

Draft picks in the NBA are a crapshoot at best. Most of the teams with lottery picks do so annually, and are trying to get out of the cycle of losing.

Players with star power are worth their weight in gold in the NBA, so if the Bulls want a complete makeover and end the "baby Bulls" era, this year would be the time to do it.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
How did last year's top pick work out for Clevelan
Why in the world are you talking about last year's draft?

Last year was widely considered a very weak draft. The upcoming 2014 draft has NBA GMs salivating.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Those advocating for a Rose trade must really hate the Bulls organization.

You do understand that the moment they trade him, they will be frozen out of any superstar FA signings for eternity. If you thought their reputation was bad now, just imagine what it will be after they trade the humble home-town kid because he injured his knees after winning a MVP.

Why the hell would any franchise be obligated to keep any player on a max contract with injured knees? And why is it that other players, whom some of you all seem to think have the IQ of cavemen, would hold a grudge against the Bulls for that reason? And if players are that dumb, I am sure most of them can be told the way the world works by their agents.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Why the hell would any franchise be obligated to keep any player on a max contract with injured knees? And why is it that other players, whom some of you all seem to think have the IQ of cavemen, would hold a grudge against the Bulls for that reason? And if players are that dumb, I am sure most of them can be told the way the world works by their agents.
Obviously, you're gonna continue your protection of the FO. It seems that you like defecting negative attention from them, while displaying your bitterness of Rose.

I'm gonna start a new thread on Adrian Wojnarowski's brand new article, so you can understand (acknowledge) how bad of a reputation the Bulls organization has.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Obviously, you're gonna continue your protection of the FO. It seems that you like defecting negative attention from them, while displaying your bitterness of Rose.

I'm gonna start a new thread on Adrian Wojnarowski's brand new article, so you can understand (acknowledge) how bad of a reputation the Bulls organization has.

Dude, you defend the Bulls FO more than anyone on this forum. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Liked Posts:

Translation: when they talk to the media, they say nice things about Rose, but it's fluff. Please. You're not clever enough to pull off talking out of both sides of your mouth.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Translation: when they talk to the media, they say nice things about Rose, but it's fluff. Please. You're not clever enough to pull off talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Stop trolling..........with your second account.

Liked Posts:
I think Adidas is in Rose's ear. I think Adidas, when giving him that shoe contract, saw an opportunity to penetrate one a major market. It's the same market that was the launching point for Air Jordan's from Nike, who is/was the biggest rival of Adidas. It benefits Adidas that Rose is the only super star on the Bulls but this is also tenuous because the Bulls need to have enough other good players so that arose and the Bulls remain relevant. Like many younger players, Rose probably sees himself of as his own corporation and the fact that he's not exclusively reliant on the Bulls for income kind of supports that. But this scenario also creates a situation of conflicts of interest...where Roses allegiance to his his two biggest business partners (Adidas and the Bulls) are in opposition with each other. Once you recognize the reality of all of this, a lot of what has happened is explained.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Translation: You've got no answer for that.

Like I said, you're not clever enough. And you didn't let me down.
No, I'm just smart enough to realize you're someone's secondary account.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What difference does it make to you?

Because if somebody is making a second account to spam or troll, moderators need to know about it so we can take care of it.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Because if somebody is making a second account to spam or troll, moderators need to know about it so we can take care of it.
I have no problem debating someone, even if they have 10 accounts. You guys have a difficult job as it is, so don't bother with it. Thanks anyway.

BTW, I didn't know that SilenceS was a mod.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem debating someone, even if they have 10 accounts. You guys have a difficult job as it is, so don't bother with it. Thanks anyway.

BTW, I didn't know that SilenceS was a mod.

I was just wondering because he came on the Cubs board awhile back. Trying to see if he was a different poster from before on there.