One More Proof Getsy Don't Know What He is Doing..

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs

msadows

Liked Posts:
Getsy instead of adapting to players strength/habits forced Field to start motion as Rodger did. How that worked out.

Justin Fields reverts to natural footwork with Steelers, reversing Bears' changes​

Everyone noticed this and it just seemed stupid to me. I'm just glad to be rid of that green bay spy fucker Getsky.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm curious: did Aaron Rodgers change his footwork because of LaFleur, or did Getsy think Fields should change his footwork because that's what Rodgers did?

I'm tired of coaches getting jobs because of HOF'ers

msadows

Liked Posts:
Getsy changed Fields from a top-5 QB to the bottom of the league. Its all Getsy's fault.

Man I love slobbing on fields knob but he was never anywhere close to top 5.

His running ability is what made him special, they basically neutered him and tried to turn him into some fucking robotic clone of the hippy in green bay.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getsy instead of adapting to players strength/habits forced Field to start motion as Rodger did. How that worked out.

Justin Fields reverts to natural footwork with Steelers, reversing Bears' changes​

I wasn’t a fan of the switch. It just seemed like he would end up taking more steps/hop steps back out of shotgun. And he was never sticking his plant foot (right) as crisp, after changing to the left leg forward.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also gonna say, if you're gonna change anything involving muscle memory for a player it should be the first OTA's he gets, not in year 3.
“In Year 2, Luke Getsy and the Bears taught him to place his left foot forward. This was similar to how Aaron Rodgers operated in the pocket in Green Bay, easing the dropback process”

“Last season, the Bears mentioned they opened the door for Fields to move back to his initial footwork. He elected not to, sticking to the methods Getsy and the Bears helped him change. Now, he's back to his native throwing style.”

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm curious: did Aaron Rodgers change his footwork because of LaFleur, or did Getsy think Fields should change his footwork because that's what Rodgers did?

I'm tired of coaches getting jobs because of HOF'ers
Remember back in ‘93 when Baker moved up from batting coach to manager, and acquired Barry Bonds, then started making all the Giants choke up on the bat when hitting, and use 238’s?

Oh wait.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
“In Year 2, Luke Getsy and the Bears taught him to place his left foot forward. This was similar to how Aaron Rodgers operated in the pocket in Green Bay, easing the dropback process”

“Last season, the Bears mentioned they opened the door for Fields to move back to his initial footwork. He elected not to, sticking to the methods Getsy and the Bears helped him change. Now, he's back to his native throwing style.”

“Last season, the Bears mentioned they opened the door for Fields to move back to his initial footwork."

JF was probably just trying to show his coachability by sticking with the 'getsy footwork' vs his own natural throwing style.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
“Last season, the Bears mentioned they opened the door for Fields to move back to his initial footwork."

JF was probably just trying to show his coachability by sticking with the 'getsy footwork' vs his own natural throwing style.
Conjecture.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Conjecture.

Sigh..... coachability means going along with the coaches.....which he did.
Now a HC (Tomlin )who's never had a losing season has giving his blessing to go with whats natural for JF
EDIT

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Doubt this will help him see the field better, but good luck to him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m going to be me!
-
JordanSigler

👉Conjecture.

Bears' Justin Fields points to coaching for 'robotic' play - ESPN

Some quotes from the article:

The quarterback said he spoke to the Bears staff about his concerns and felt that coaches were receptive to his diagnosis of what went wrong at Tampa Bay. Coach Matt Eberflus said that he did not feel the Bears were overcoaching Fields and that "having him being free is what we want."

"He respects that partnership, and so do we,"
Eberflus said. "We want him to play free. I think it's very important that, as we work through this, making sure that he does play free, that we coach him that way.

More from Eberflus........

"A lot of times he wants to be perfect. He wants to do it the right way.
And there's a balance there, though, right? There's a balance between, 'Hey, going through my progressions,' but also having the ability to say, 'Hey, I feel these things happening. Now I'm going to play instinctual.' And that could be just sliding up in the pocket in the B-gap and delivering the ball or taking off and running. I think that's where that is."