One More Proof Getsy Don't Know What He is Doing..

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bears' Justin Fields points to coaching for 'robotic' play - ESPN

Some quotes from the article:

The quarterback said he spoke to the Bears staff about his concerns and felt that coaches were receptive to his diagnosis of what went wrong at Tampa Bay. Coach Matt Eberflus said that he did not feel the Bears were overcoaching Fields and that "having him being free is what we want."

"He respects that partnership, and so do we,"
Eberflus said. "We want him to play free. I think it's very important that, as we work through this, making sure that he does play free, that we coach him that way.

More from Eberflus........

"A lot of times he wants to be perfect. He wants to do it the right way.
And there's a balance there, though, right? There's a balance between, 'Hey, going through my progressions,' but also having the ability to say, 'Hey, I feel these things happening. Now I'm going to play instinctual.' And that could be just sliding up in the pocket in the B-gap and delivering the ball or taking off and running. I think that's where that is."

Smoke gems from this article:

A reason for what Fields believes is causing him to overthink in games, according to the 24-year-old quarterback, is what he has been coached to do.

"You know, could be coaching, I think," Fields said. "At the end of the day, they are doing their job when they are giving me what to look at, but at the end of the day, I can't be thinking about that when the game comes. I prepare myself throughout the week, and then when the game comes, it's time to play free at that point. Thinking less and playing more."

"My goal this week is just to say F it and go out there and play football how I know to play football," Fields said. "That includes thinking less and just going out there and playing off of instincts rather than so much, say, info in my head, data in my head. Just literally going out there and playing football. Going back to it's a game and that's it.

"That's when I play my best, when I'm just out there playing free and being myself, so I'm going to, say, kind of bump all the what I should, this and that, pocket stuff. I'm going to go out there and be me."
I don't think it's too many coaching voices, but I just think when you're fed a lot of information at a point in time and you're trying to think about that info when you're playing, it doesn't let you play like yourself," Fields said. "You're trying to process so much information to where it's like, if I just simplify it in my mind, I would have did this. I saw a few plays on Sunday, if I was playing like my old self, we would have had a positive play. There would have been more third-down [conversions]. I think that's just the biggest thing for me is playing the game how I know how to play and how I've been playing my whole life. That's what I got to get back to doing."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a fan of Getsy but to be fair, Getsy wanted to run a timing scheme that Justin couldn't coordinate to, so he tried to do it with steps which obviously failed. Fields had already reverted to his natural drop by week 4 of last year.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sigh..... coachability means going along with the coaches.....which he did. Now a HC who's never losing season has giving his blessing to go with whats natural.
He actively complained to the media about the drop after game 3 last year and it got ditched. I think he only used it for those 3 games over the 3 years he was here. It's a non story.

Getsy has only said extremely positive things about Fields since he's been gone.

Last edited:

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Sigh..... coachability means going along with the coaches.....which he did. Now a HC who's never losing season has giving his blessing to go with whats natural.
You are one of the last few members of the JF fan club. Most have hung it up after Fields was traded but you have remained. At least you remain true.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Doubt this will help him see the field better, but good luck to him.

Arent you the guy who in 2018 thought pat mahomes was gonna be a giant bust? And attractive fit women couldnt make you bust?

Im pretty sure you are that guy.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Arent you the guy who in 2018 thought pat mahomes was gonna be a giant bust? And attractive fit women couldnt make you bust?

Im pretty sure you are that guy.
I'm sorry you're still coming to terms with the thought that the best QB in the history of the franchise is actually one of the worst.

Justin Fields sucks and your obsession with him is pretty funny.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago bears as a team have a propensity to ruin talent with their intent to “improve” fundamental characteristics of players physical traits. Instead of adjusting their offense OR defense to the physical qualities of a player they initiate clumsy attempts to adjust the player, other than urlacher who’s physical talents overshadowed the Bears attempts please name any other successful players that the Bears successfully converted.

Fields as most Bears QBs was mismanaged from the get go. Do I think that Fields would have been a top 10 qb otherwise? No, no really. Field however could have been an excellent game manager with excellent running skills who may have gotten us to the promise land.

Dont be fooled by Daniels obvious disdain for black quarterbacks….as he did not even want Caleb. Most of his qb picks have been shit…. He’s a fool.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm sorry you're still coming to terms with the thought that the best QB in the history of the franchise is actually one of the worst.

One of the worst in the history of the franchise?? How long have you been watching this team?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The coaching staff wanted Justin to change his throwing motion and footwork to speed up his delivery. How easily ppl forget. They didn't change that to fuck-up his career; it was a noticeable issue to anyone watching him play.

Needless to say, I don't see how going back to his old style is going to help his lack of anticipation.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Justin will get his shot at QB for the Steelers. I expect it to go well.
He was decent here with no talent around him. He could start for half the teams in this league right now. He was not a bum.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields wasn't nearly as bad as he appears to be on this board but it's because some of his fans can't let it go and keep posting things about his traits that are off base and get corrected. I suspect he'll do well enough over the years but bounce around a bit.

As for the Nick Foles thing. Foles was trying to tutor him and JF wanted nothing to do with it. Makes for a dysfunctional QB room. Coaches knew that aspect of Foles and brought him here as both a backup and tutor/example.

Clay Harbor, a TE that was familiar with Brady, Brees, Stafford etc who were all unabashed film room junkies said the Foles spent more time in the film room was more meticulous about preparing for games and took more notes on coverages etc, even as a backup, than anyone else he's ever been around. The conflict wasn't about Foles taking Fields job.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One of the worst in the history of the franchise?? How long have you been watching this team?
Yeah the Bears have not had many QBs who have been as bad as Justin Fields and gone on to start over 30 career games for the Bears. Most of guys who were worse than he was didn't get 30 plus games to get it right.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Pretty sure I moved on cause my life doesn't revolve around football.

Yours sure does seem to. That and ugly fat chicks. Everyone has a type I guess.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Conjecture.

Good luck convincing him otherwise. You're about to fall down a rabbit hole argument where he tries to prove Justin Fields is the next Hall of Fame QB.

What you did here is known as a projection as a writer you're supposed to stay away from projections.

"You're about to fall down a rabbit hole argument"
-
DanielCCSBears

There's no "argument"....just a discussion based on truthful shared info.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Left foot forward in the gun is the proper stance for a RT handed QB but this had nothing to do with inability to throw over the middle or anticipate a route

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i hope fields does well with the steelers but the bottom line is fields only looks relatively good because he can escape and extend the play...once he loses that ability to escape he'll become useless