One More Proof Getsy Don't Know What He is Doing..

msadows

Liked Posts:
i hope fields does well with the steelers but the bottom line is fields only looks relatively good because he can escape and extend the play...once he loses that ability to escape he'll become useless

I wouldnt say that, he just never developed as an NFL QB. He has all the tools, unlike the prior guy(mitch). Fields can make all the throws, he just doesnt trust what his eyes see and doesn't take any risks. He doesn't process an NFL defense quickly enough.

The lack of throwing over the middle is him not being willing to throw into tight windows. You can't succeed in the NFL by only waiting for guys to be open. He played way too conservatively, like he was scared to make a mistake. Bagent was more willing to make tight throws than fields ever was, which is sad.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sigh..... coachability means going along with the coaches.....which he did. Now a HC who's never losing season has giving his blessing to go with whats natural.

You are one of the last few members of the JF fan club. Most have hung it up after Fields was traded but you have remained. At least you remain true.

"Most have hung it up after Fields was traded"
-inchibearfan

I didn't start the thread. And yeah....I have moved on.

Anyway.....
So 38 people came into this thread to weigh in on the topic

One More Proof Getsy Don't Know What He is Doing..​

in the future....should I just not weigh in and avoid JF threads ???

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Bears' Justin Fields points to coaching for 'robotic' play - ESPN

Some quotes from the article:

The quarterback said he spoke to the Bears staff about his concerns and felt that coaches were receptive to his diagnosis of what went wrong at Tampa Bay. Coach Matt Eberflus said that he did not feel the Bears were overcoaching Fields and that "having him being free is what we want."

"He respects that partnership, and so do we,"
Eberflus said. "We want him to play free. I think it's very important that, as we work through this, making sure that he does play free, that we coach him that way.

More from Eberflus........

"A lot of times he wants to be perfect. He wants to do it the right way.
And there's a balance there, though, right? There's a balance between, 'Hey, going through my progressions,' but also having the ability to say, 'Hey, I feel these things happening. Now I'm going to play instinctual.' And that could be just sliding up in the pocket in the B-gap and delivering the ball or taking off and running. I think that's where that is."

Smoke gems from this article:

A reason for what Fields believes is causing him to overthink in games, according to the 24-year-old quarterback, is what he has been coached to do.

"You know, could be coaching, I think," Fields said. "At the end of the day, they are doing their job when they are giving me what to look at, but at the end of the day, I can't be thinking about that when the game comes. I prepare myself throughout the week, and then when the game comes, it's time to play free at that point. Thinking less and playing more."

"My goal this week is just to say F it and go out there and play football how I know to play football," Fields said. "That includes thinking less and just going out there and playing off of instincts rather than so much, say, info in my head, data in my head. Just literally going out there and playing football. Going back to it's a game and that's it.

"That's when I play my best, when I'm just out there playing free and being myself, so I'm going to, say, kind of bump all the what I should, this and that, pocket stuff. I'm going to go out there and be me."
I don't think it's too many coaching voices, but I just think when you're fed a lot of information at a point in time and you're trying to think about that info when you're playing, it doesn't let you play like yourself," Fields said. "You're trying to process so much information to where it's like, if I just simplify it in my mind, I would have did this. I saw a few plays on Sunday, if I was playing like my old self, we would have had a positive play. There would have been more third-down [conversions]. I think that's just the biggest thing for me is playing the game how I know how to play and how I've been playing my whole life. That's what I got to get back to doing."

Duly noted......in addition....

As a journalist....you weigh all the info. You also have to look at what Eberflus.. said right?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
“I don’t think you guys are taking into account how much better the Bears will be with competent coaching in Eberflus & Getsy!”

-People in 2022

msadows

Liked Posts:
“I don’t think you guys are taking into account how much better the Bears will be with competent coaching in Eberflus & Getsy!”

-People in 2022

I dont think people ever really cared much for the flus signing.

Think people still hate the signing. Its just honeymoon phase right now because of caleb, once he makes another stupid decision in the 4th to cost us some wins the fire flus chants will start again.

Then again if the team is good it wont matter. Matt Campbell does his best to lose the lions every game and they still win.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty sure I moved on cause my life doesn't revolve around football.

Yours sure does seem to. That and ugly fat chicks. Everyone has a type I guess.
I can see now that it's not just it's not about your opinion on Justin Fields but you are just a shitty person.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt say that, he just never developed as an NFL QB. He has all the tools, unlike the prior guy(mitch). Fields can make all the throws, he just doesnt trust what his eyes see and doesn't take any risks. He doesn't process an NFL defense quickly enough.

The lack of throwing over the middle is him not being willing to throw into tight windows. You can't succeed in the NFL by only waiting for guys to be open. He played way too conservatively, like he was scared to make a mistake. Bagent was more willing to make tight throws than fields ever was, which is sad.
theres no reason to think he will overcome this...instead of being humble and learning from vets he chose to ignore their advice. maybe after this whole debacle he may have changed now that hes on the same team as his mentor wilson but the steelers offense will likely become very run heavy which is what tomlin wants so the amount of passes will likely be lower limiting mistakes which is what getsy tried to do in year 1 with fields. as i said, good luck to him but i dont expect him to change much if at all.

msadows

Liked Posts:
theres no reason to think he will overcome this...instead of being humble and learning from vets he chose to ignore their advice. maybe after this whole debacle he may have changed now that hes on the same team as his mentor wilson but the steelers offense will likely become very run heavy which is what tomlin wants so the amount of passes will likely be lower limiting mistakes which is what getsy tried to do in year 1 with fields. as i said, good luck to him but i dont expect him to change much if at all.

He wont, damage is done.

I really wonder what would have happened to his career if the 9ers took him instead of the guy who started one season in a bumfuck nowhere college. Shanny can turn any QB into at least serviceable.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Justin will get his shot at QB for the Steelers. I expect it to go well.
He was decent here with no talent around him. He could start for half the teams in this league right now. He was not a bum.
He's far from a bum but I doubt he spends 5 years at any stop. With a VG line he can roll, hold too long and make plays like the guy he's currently behind but I doubt he ever sees the field as well. Better runner.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smoke gems from this article:

A reason for what Fields believes is causing him to overthink in games, according to the 24-year-old quarterback, is what he has been coached to do.

"You know, could be coaching, I think," Fields said. "At the end of the day, they are doing their job when they are giving me what to look at, but at the end of the day, I can't be thinking about that when the game comes. I prepare myself throughout the week, and then when the game comes, it's time to play free at that point. Thinking less and playing more."

"My goal this week is just to say F it and go out there and play football how I know to play football," Fields said. "That includes thinking less and just going out there and playing off of instincts rather than so much, say, info in my head, data in my head. Just literally going out there and playing football. Going back to it's a game and that's it.

"That's when I play my best, when I'm just out there playing free and being myself, so I'm going to, say, kind of bump all the what I should, this and that, pocket stuff. I'm going to go out there and be me."
I don't think it's too many coaching voices, but I just think when you're fed a lot of information at a point in time and you're trying to think about that info when you're playing, it doesn't let you play like yourself," Fields said. "You're trying to process so much information to where it's like, if I just simplify it in my mind, I would have did this. I saw a few plays on Sunday, if I was playing like my old self, we would have had a positive play. There would have been more third-down [conversions]. I think that's just the biggest thing for me is playing the game how I know how to play and how I've been playing my whole life. That's what I got to get back to doing."
A QB with great natural ability to see the field and feel pressure can get away with that. Fields? Not so much. That he's in the perfect system for his skill set and he still thinks he can reject how practice relates to the game is disheartening.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He wont, damage is done.

I really wonder what would have happened to his career if the 9ers took him instead of the guy who started one season in a bumfuck nowhere college. Shanny can turn any QB into at least serviceable.
Jimmy Garoppolo, Brian Hoyer, CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getsy instead of adapting to players strength/habits forced Field to start motion as Rodger did. How that worked out.

Justin Fields reverts to natural footwork with Steelers, reversing Bears' changes​

Tim Jenkins broke it down on the score, when he was a guest...saying Brady was kinda the first and it's for cerebral freaks who can see and dissect things...hence Fields coming off reads to fast and later trying to slow down...staring down guys

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Duly noted......in addition....

As a journalist....you weigh all the info. You also have to look at what Eberflus.. said right?
The quarterback said he spoke to the Bears staff about his concerns and felt that coaches were receptive to his diagnosis of what went wrong at Tampa Bay. Coach Matt Eberflus said that he did not feel the Bears were overcoaching Fields and that "having him being free is what we want."

"He respects that partnership, and so do we," Eberflus said. "We want him to play free. I think it's very important that, as we work through this, making sure that he does play free, that we coach him that way.

More from Eberflus........

"
A lot of times he wants to be perfect. He wants to do it the right way. And there's a balance there, though, right? There's a balance between, 'Hey, going through my progressions,' but also having the ability to say, 'Hey, I feel these things happening. Now I'm going to play instinctual.' And that could be just sliding up in the pocket in the B-gap and delivering the ball or taking off and running. I think that's where that is."

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah the Bears have not had many QBs who have been as bad as Justin Fields and gone on to start over 30 career games for the Bears. Most of guys who were worse than he was didn't get 30 plus games to get it right.
All the ones who did not get those chances sound quite a bit worse, else they would have had more chances to keep the job.

Sounds to me like you are being purposefully hyperbolic.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All the ones who did not get those chances sound quite a bit worse, else they would have had more chances to keep the job.

Sounds to me like you are being purposefully hyperbolic.

Yes which is why I classified him as one of the worst and not the worst.... But probably the worst to ever start 30 games.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yes which is why I classified him as one of the worst and not the worst.... But probably the worst to ever start 30 games.
Given the past 24 years, no, not one of the worst of this millennium alone. He's in the top 5 of the 2000s.

One of the worst to start 30 games for this team? Sure, he had a rough go of it here and didn't grow the way he needed to to keep his job. But come on, Rick Mirer has 60+ starts and was worse

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Given the past 24 years, no, not one of the worst of this millennium alone. He's in the top 5 of the 2000s.

One of the worst to start 30 games for this team? Sure, he had a rough go of it here and didn't grow the way he needed to to keep his job. But come on, Rick Mirer has 60+ starts and was worse
Mirer didn't have 60 starts with the Chicago Bears. Keep it in the context of what they did in Chicago.

Jay Cutler Josh McCown Rex Grossman Mitch Trubisky Kyle Orton were all better QBs than Justin Fields in the 2000s and probably Mike Glennon too. Glennon had three games over 200 yards passing in 3 of 4 games started and one of those was over 300 yards passing. Justin Fields went for over 300 yards twice.

That's just off the top of my head.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Mirer didn't have 60 starts with the Chicago Bears. Keep it in the context of what they did in Chicago.

Jay Cutler Josh McCown Rex Grossman Mitch Trubisky Kyle Orton were all better QBs than Justin Fields in the 2000s and probably Mike Glennon too. Glennon had three games over 200 yards passing in 3 of 4 games started and one of those was over 300 yards passing. Justin Fields went for over 300 yards twice.

That's just off the top of my head.
I think I went off of one of the worst ever to start 30 in the league, my mistake.

I don't think that passing yards is a good base statistic when we were watching those games at the same time. We know that Fields had an OC that called worse games than Nagy called. We know that Fields had an OL that he had to bail out with his legs regularly. Hell, he didn't have a center that could deliver a tight snap in the right spot - it was a big problem for the offense as a whole.

Glennon was not a better QB. Josh McCown had a good streak of games, but the rest of his career was quite bad. I was thinking that in the past 20 years, it goes Cutler, Grossman, Orton and then it's either Trubisky or Fields. Given that Trubisky had much of the same problems that Fields had in his time here, and add to it that he couldn't aim a downfield throw to save his life, I put Fields above him

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think I went off of one of the worst ever to start 30 in the league, my mistake.

I don't think that passing yards is a good base statistic when we were watching those games at the same time. We know that Fields had an OC that called worse games than Nagy called. We know that Fields had an OL that he had to bail out with his legs regularly. Hell, he didn't have a center that could deliver a tight snap in the right spot - it was a big problem for the offense as a whole.

Glennon was not a better QB. Josh McCown had a good streak of games, but the rest of his career was quite bad. I was thinking that in the past 20 years, it goes Cutler, Grossman, Orton and then it's either Trubisky or Fields. Given that Trubisky had much of the same problems that Fields had in his time here, and add to it that he couldn't aim a downfield throw to save his life, I put Fields above him

Sure passing yards may not be a good statistic, but Justin Fields was horrible in the fourth quarter whereas Trubisky led them down the field for the chance to win the game against the Eagles in the playoffs. Double doink killed them. Trubisky had other fourth quarter games where he didn't cave.

Fields was absolutely atrocious in the fourth quarter that Denver debacle was a good barometer for him as a QB. Yeah the defense gave up a lot to ultimately lose the game but Fields had two fourth quarter turnovers and a horrible intentional grounding. Add to it 6 games started in 2023 scoring 20 points or less. There are so many things where faced with even the slightest bit of adversity Fields folded like a sheet.

Fields hopefully will be long forgotten in about two years.