One More Proof Getsy Don't Know What He is Doing..

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Sure passing yards may not be a good statistic, but Justin Fields was horrible in the fourth quarter whereas Trubisky led them down the field for the chance to win the game against the Eagles in the playoffs. Double doink killed them. Trubisky had other fourth quarter games where he didn't cave.

Fields was absolutely atrocious in the fourth quarter that Denver debacle was a good barometer for him as a QB. Yeah the defense gave up a lot to ultimately lose the game but Fields had two fourth quarter turnovers and a horrible intentional grounding. Add to it 6 games started in 2023 scoring 20 points or less. There are so many things where faced with even the slightest bit of adversity Fields folded like a sheet.

Fields hopefully will be long forgotten in about two years.
His struggles in the fourth quarter are undeniable. While last year Fields had a real #1, Trubisky had a better offense around him in 2018 than what Fields had been given and you know it. You know that the team was torn apart for a rebuild in Fields second year - he was throwing to guys off the street. And even then, he had a few chances at comebacks that didn't materialize for reasons outside of the QB - hell, one game his receiver just gave the ball to Minnesota. In this last year, he failed to take the next step and it cost him his job, but it's also the first season he was given an authentic chance for success. Let's not act like Fields had just as good an offense around him as Trubisky had in 2018. That is purely disingenuous.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His struggles in the fourth quarter are undeniable. While last year Fields had a real #1, Trubisky had a better offense around him in 2018 than what Fields had been given and you know it. You know that the team was torn apart for a rebuild in Fields second year - he was throwing to guys off the street. And even then, he had a few chances at comebacks that didn't materialize for reasons outside of the QB - hell, one game his receiver just gave the ball to Minnesota. In this last year, he failed to take the next step and it cost him his job, but it's also the first season he was given an authentic chance for success. Let's not act like Fields had just as good an offense around him as Trubisky had in 2018. That is purely disingenuous.

Trubisky had Allen Robinson and then this pile of garbage. Mooney had 1,000 yards and then became an afterthought. Chase Claypool was hyped up on here and everywhere else so some might say he's better than Anthony Miller.

I'd probably call it a wash but that 2018 was not better than last year's receivers.

Be that as it may if you've watched as much football comparable I don't know how you can say it was fully the fault of the supporting cast when he did the same things in 2023 that he did in 2022 regard of the players around him.
Screenshot_20240526-155716.png

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He wont, damage is done.

I really wonder what would have happened to his career if the 9ers took him instead of the guy who started one season in a bumfuck nowhere college. Shanny can turn any QB into at least serviceable.
Doubt it. They could only make Garoppolo look serviceable for so long, and then the NFL got wise to him not really being a solid starter. With the inability to read defenses, pass, or progress, it would’ve been really tough sledding for Fields anywhere, although I grant you that he probably looks better in San Fran than he did in Chicago.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Trubisky had Allen Robinson and then this pile of garbage. Mooney had 1,000 yards and then became an afterthought. Chase Claypool was hyped up on here and everywhere else so some might say he's better than Anthony Miller.

I'd probably call it a wash but that 2018 was not better than last year's receivers.

Be that as it may if you've watched as much football comparable I don't know how you can say it was fully the fault of the supporting cast when he did the same things in 2023 that he did in 2022 regard of the players around him.
I really don't know what happened to Mooney, and I think last year was the first time he had someone worth feeding - DJ Moore is that good. But I meant that last year was the first time a set of receivers that didn't embarrass us as fans. I mean, come on, Dante Pettis, N'Keal Harry... That guy who gave the ball to the vikings? Last year was Fields first year where he was given a chance to succeed in this league, and that's why I still think he can turn his career around if he gets a second chance.

Chase Claypool was hyped but look, he was a disaster here and I don't think that's on Fields. That's on Claypool. And 2018 absolutely a better OL. I'd put Burton (when his head is in the game) as more talented a receiver than Kmet, but overall about as good in total.

And when it comes to being given a better chance to win, Trubusky had a better defense to rely upon, too. Not that that adds to the offense, but it was a big reason thay team made it to the playoffs.

What Fields showed was that he couldn't move off of his first read with consistency and that he struggled to get the ball out on time. That is surely on him. But I do think this OL last year made the entire offense work off schedule and so Fields was behind the 8-Ball when it came to operating an offense on rhythm.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really don't know what happened to Mooney, and I think last year was the first time he had someone worth feeding - DJ Moore is that good. But I meant that last year was the first time a set of receivers that didn't embarrass us as fans. I mean, come on, Dante Pettis, N'Keal Harry... That guy who gave the ball to the vikings? Last year was Fields first year where he was given a chance to succeed in this league, and that's why I still think he can turn his career around if he gets a second chance.

Chase Claypool was hyped but look, he was a disaster here and I don't think that's on Fields. That's on Claypool. And 2018 absolutely a better OL. I'd put Burton (when his head is in the game) as more talented a receiver than Kmet, but overall about as good in total.

And when it comes to being given a better chance to win, Trubusky had a better defense to rely upon, too. Not that that adds to the offense, but it was a big reason thay team made it to the playoffs.

What Fields showed was that he couldn't move off of his first read with consistency and that he struggled to get the ball out on time. That is surely on him. But I do think this OL last year made the entire offense work off schedule and so Fields was behind the 8-Ball when it came to operating an offense on rhythm.
Far too many examples of him not operating on time and in rhythm and getting the ball out to guys for me to ever think he'll be successful in the NFL. There were times where I'm screaming at the TV to throw it to someone and that shouldn't ever happen.

He was just as bad as Cutler was as far as throwing guys open probably even moreso given the level of success he didn't have compared to Cutler.

There were just things I saw that I never saw from any other QB. Was he more accurate? Did he have better arm talent? Yeah he had a lot of great physical gifts and occasionally a good consistent day of throwing the ball. But he was so bad on so many of the intangibles that I don't see him ever being successful.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Far too many examples of him not operating on time and in rhythm and getting the ball out to guys for me to ever think he'll be successful in the NFL. There were times where I'm screaming at the TV to throw it to someone and that shouldn't ever happen.

He was just as bad as Cutler was as far as throwing guys open probably even moreso given the level of success he didn't have compared to Cutler.

There were just things I saw that I never saw from any other QB. Was he more accurate? Did he have better arm talent? Yeah he had a lot of great physical gifts and occasionally a good consistent day of throwing the ball. But he was so bad on so many of the intangibles that I don't see him ever being successful.
His results last year, absolutely. The year before, he looked like the only person trying to win sometimes.

I do hold out hope for Fields though. He doesn't have to be a world beater to be successful - Geno Smith has been showing how you can make a second act redefine your career. I think that last year was Fields first chance to succeed and he blew it. However, most QBs get as good a chance at success as rookies, and don't turn into good starters until year 3 or 4. All that to say, other QBs with fewer physical gifts have been given a better chance to grow, and the story isn't over for Fields until he hangs his cleats up for good.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Steelers dumped Mitch, traded for Fields.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His results last year, absolutely. The year before, he looked like the only person trying to win sometimes.

I do hold out hope for Fields though. He doesn't have to be a world beater to be successful - Geno Smith has been showing how you can make a second act redefine your career. I think that last year was Fields first chance to succeed and he blew it. However, most QBs get as good a chance at success as rookies, and don't turn into good starters until year 3 or 4. All that to say, other QBs with fewer physical gifts have been given a better chance to grow, and the story isn't over for Fields until he hangs his cleats up for good.
Yeah but even Geno Smith having two decent years isn't enough to redefine his career.

My thing is probably that I hold these guys to a ridiculously high standard of being a Top-5 QB in the NFL whereas everyone else would be happy with Top-15 on average for the next decade. I don't merely want the QB to be good every year I want them to be in the playoffs every freaking year.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And drafted Kenny Pickett for some unknown reason.

The Steelers are about to show everyone how it's more about luck than actually evaluating the position and drafting the right guy.

They did good with Big Ben but reality is about to set in.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Duly noted......in addition....

As a journalist....you weigh all the info. You also have to look at what Eberflus.. said right?

The quarterback said he spoke to the Bears staff about his concerns and felt that coaches were receptive to his diagnosis of what went wrong at Tampa Bay. Coach Matt Eberflus said that he did not feel the Bears were overcoaching Fields and that "having him being free is what we want."

"He respects that partnership, and so do we," Eberflus said. "We want him to play free. I think it's very important that, as we work through this, making sure that he does play free, that we coach him that way.

More from Eberflus........

"A lot of times he wants to be perfect. He wants to do it the right way. And there's a balance there, though, right? There's a balance between, 'Hey, going through my progressions,' but also having the ability to say, 'Hey, I feel these things happening. Now I'm going to play instinctual.' And that could be just sliding up in the pocket in the B-gap and delivering the ball or taking off and running. I think that's where that is."

Ok so overall Eberflus supported JF. Correct?? I'd have to look for it. Eberflus has also said in game adjustments are important in reference to getsy being inadequate in said area.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
And drafted Kenny Pickett for some unknown reason.

The Steelers are about to show everyone how it's more about luck than actually evaluating the position and drafting the right guy.

They did good with Big Ben but reality is about to set in.
well omar kahn's track record so far is pickett, trubisky, wilson and fields...colbert drafted big ben and that was it for his 20+ yrs. there is obviously some luck involved in drafting at any position, so far kahn has struck out on adding a franchise qb and its prob not looking good for 2025 draft either.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mirer didn't have 60 starts with the Chicago Bears. Keep it in the context of what they did in Chicago.

Jay Cutler Josh McCown Rex Grossman Mitch Trubisky Kyle Orton were all better QBs than Justin Fields in the 2000s and probably Mike Glennon too. Glennon had three games over 200 yards passing in 3 of 4 games started and one of those was over 300 yards passing. Justin Fields went for over 300 yards twice.

That's just off the top of my head.

"Jay Cutler Josh McCown Rex Grossman Mitch Trubisky Kyle Orton were all better QBs than Justin Fields in the 2000s and probably Mike Glennon too."
-@DanielCCSBears

1716762619106.jpeg

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah but even Geno Smith having two decent years isn't enough to redefine his career.

My thing is probably that I hold these guys to a ridiculously high standard of being a Top-5 QB in the NFL whereas everyone else would be happy with Top-15 on average for the next decade. I don't merely want the QB to be good every year I want them to be in the playoffs every freaking year.
Two or more years is absolutely enough to redefine a career. He went from a flop to a nobody, and then became a starter worth paying serious money to keep. That's an amazing thing to witness, and anyone who is willing to stay in the game long enough for that second act might be the next one to do it. I hope it for Fields.

I think that you could use a dose of optimism, because for me, the cynicism of some fans can be nearly unbearable. Hey, couldn't we all use a little more optimism in some way? Very few QBs have what it takes to win consistently, almost all of them fail to become winners. It costs nothing to cheer them on and hope for the best for them. You don't have to blind yourself to a player's shortcomings, but being quick to cynicism makes one wonder why that person roots for the team to begin with. If all someone does is talk shit, that becomes all they are good for, after all.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I have a lot of respect for Tomlin. I hope Fields gets better coaching from the Steelers and gets another chance to show this league what he can do. Fields is capable of some amazing things.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok so overall Eberflus supported JF. Correct?? I'd have to look for it. Eberflus has also said in game adjustments are important in reference to getsy being inadequate in said area.
Not really lol. He said reiterated there was a balance and said Fields needed to go through his progressions and slide up in the pocket. That was the opposite of what Fields said.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Not really lol. He said reiterated there was a balance and said Fields needed to go through his progressions and slide up in the pocket. That was the opposite of what Fields said.

So are saying....... the info provided in link #20 is inconsequential and should be swept under the rug???

I notice u didn't comment on ........"Eberflus has also said in game adjustments are important in reference to getsy being inadequate in said area."

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So are saying....... the info provided in link #20 is inconsequential and should be swept under the rug???

I notice u didn't comment on ........"Eberflus has also said in game adjustments are important in reference to getsy being inadequate in said area."
Nope.

And I think it’s idiotic to complain about in game adjustments when the QB said he can execute a gameplan because he knows how to play football without thinking!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Nope.

And I think it’s idiotic to complain about in game adjustments when the QB said he can execute a gameplan because he knows how to play football without thinking!

So Eberflus was a idiot to point out getsy lacking the ability to make in game adjustments??

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Eberflus was an idiot to point out getsy lacking the ability to make in game adjustments??
I do actually, especially given he doesn’t make great in game adjustments. (Even though you couldn’t stay on topic about Fields and ventured into Getsy.) What do you think of Flus making statements about things Fields was inadequate at:

Poles discussed what he was looking for in a quarterback, should the Bears decide to start anew. Eberflus knows what he's looking for, too.

"I look at the guys that can operate the third down, two minute in the end of the game situations," Eberflus said.

"You got to look at toughness for a quarterback, it really is about the mental toughness to be able to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball," Eberflus said. "Then, also have a discernment to be able to move out of the pocket and create when it's necessary. They come on all different shapes and sizes. But, yeah, it's always been fun to evaluate those guys."

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

"But I do think this OL last year made the entire offense work off schedule and so Fields was behind the 8-Ball when it came to operating an offense on rhythm. "

^^^^^
THIS PART