CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Wow - The Chiefs line just got much, much better.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Anyone who watched the Superbowl knows the importance of the Oline.

Without it Mahomes looked like Mitch Trubisky.

Think Pace took notes?

Kenny Loggins

Liked Posts:
If Pace did anywhere near this type of trade his job for now would be saved.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Ok so basically it’s Orlando Brown for a late first.
Seems about right for his value. Even though others didn't think the Bears first was nearly enough for some reason.

Also I don't know that Orlando brown is an improvement over Schwartz or Fisher when they are healthy.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears could have offered Allen Robinson II and this year's third to beat this offer.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The Bears could have offered Allen Robinson II and this year's third to beat this offer.
If I'm Baltimore and I didn't want to pay Brown, I wouldn't pay Arob either when I could just draft cheaper options. They could probably trade up to waddle/Smith area now

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Seems about right for his value. Even though others didn't think the Bears first was nearly enough for some reason.

Also I don't know that Orlando brown is an improvement over Schwartz or Fisher when they are healthy.
I doubt either has anything left in the tank, and even if they did they cost too much considering their risk factors. Chiefs add Orlando Brown Jr. and Joe Thuney this off-season while the Bears re-sign Germain Ifedi and gear up to draft a cornerback at twentieth overall.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If I'm Baltimore and I didn't want to pay Brown, I wouldn't pay Arob either when I could just draft cheaper options. They could probably trade up to waddle/Smith area now
Yeah that's a fair point. Its just frustrating because this guy really was available all along and of all the teams in the NFL that could've used him the Bears were near the top.

Then he goes to the Chiefs for what amounts to a late first. Rich get richer.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I doubt either has anything left in the tank, and even if they did they cost too much considering their risk factors. Chiefs add Orlando Brown Jr. and Joe Thuney this off-season while the Bears re-sign Germain Ifedi and gear up to draft a cornerback at twentieth overall.
I mean the chiefs made the right decision in their moves for sure. The offensive line is definitely a strength and drastically improved from the super bowl, but I still think their line was probably a little better the year before and had better edge protection.

I believe they have 2 seconds now though, I'd go get another WR and a C/G

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As if the Ravens want to pay Arob II the money he's asking for. Get real.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I get why the Chiefs would trade for Brown. What I do not understand is why the Ravens would give a pro bowler to a team that may very likely face in the playoffs.
Just dumb on the Ravens part.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I mean the chiefs made the right decision in their moves for sure. The offensive line is definitely a strength and drastically improved from the super bowl, but I still think their line was probably a little better the year before and had better edge protection.

I believe they have 2 seconds now though, I'd go get another WR and a C/G
My first instinct is they might try and package both the second to move back into the late first and grab one of the right tackles that fall. Mike Remmers kind of blows, and they could use someone at right tackle who is cost controlled for the next four years. Because you are right, this line even with Orlando Brown Jr. and Joe Thuney added is not quite as good as it was in its heyday.

I have a feeling they won't stay put with those picks, they wanted that 2021 second for a reason.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Just dumb on the Ravens part.
Well now we know Brown Jr. was serious when he demanded the trade in February. They couldn't play Brown Jr. at left tackle because Ronnie Stanley is a) better and b) very expensive. There are worse ideas than paying two guys left tackle money and sticking one at right tackle, but maybe it really was a matter of Brown Jr. not playing right tackle under any circumstances.

The Ravens took the best offer they received. The real dumb-dumbs are the rest of the NFL who didn't outbid the Chiefs.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
My first instinct is they might try and package both the second to move back into the late first and grab one of the right tackles that fall. Mike Remmers kind of blows, and they could use someone at right tackle who is cost controlled for the next four years. Because you are right, this line even with Orlando Brown Jr. and Joe Thuney added is not quite as good as it was in its heyday.

I have a feeling they won't stay put with those picks, they wanted that 2021 second for a reason.
I think duvernay-tardif is the other tackle