Orlando Brown traded to the Chiefs

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A good OL and a mediocre QB doesn’t get you very far.

But I agree with your premise. Both are vital.
I 100% agree. This isn’t 2001 when dominate OLs and great defenses are constantly winning Super Bowls. Add in the fact that great OL’s and D’s come and go much faster then great QBs. I’d also argue that great QB’s help their OL look better and help their defenses by putting points on the board allowing the defense to not worry about the opposing run game as much.

I am 10000000% behind selling out to get Fields or Russ. But in the likely event that neither option is available I’d be happy with building up the OL and going with Mond or maybe Mills (he scares me).

Dalton gets this team nowhere. He’s not going to make this team a playoff contender and he’s not going to be bad enough to get them a top 3 pick. So I think we agree there.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
A good OL and a mediocre QB doesn’t get you very far.

But I agree with your premise. Both are vital.
It gets your further than a great quarterback and mediocre offensive line.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Some clarification

1. Fisher was drafted 1/1 in 2013.
2. The Chiefs drafted Lucus Niang last year in the 3rd round. He fell in the draft due to injury concerns. He opted out for Covid and will compete with Long for the RT job
3. Duvernay-Tardiff is back this year and will compete for the RG spot with Long.

To be clear, KC cut both of their starting OT this offseason. Both were on the final years of their deals. Both sustained injuries that mean they will likely miss all or most of this season. Schwartz is rumored to be likely to retire and Fisher might come back but it will be later on if at all.

The likely KC starting line:

LT Brown
LG Thuney
C. Blythe
RG. Long
RT Niang

if that’s the day 1 lineup, then it’s a better line than we had last year.

someone said we traded for Honey Badger. That isn’t true. He was a free agent.

Also, KC seems to be one of the few teams operating with the notion the cap is going to expand greatly with new TV and gambling deals....thus as long as your owner is willing to writesome big bonus checks every year, you can kick that cap can FAR down the road. KC knows what it is doing. Big wide open championship window

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Some clarification

1. Fisher was drafted 1/1 in 2013.
2. The Chiefs drafted Lucus Niang last year in the 3rd round. He fell in the draft due to injury concerns. He opted out for Covid and will compete with Long for the RT job
3. Duvernay-Tardiff is back this year and will compete for the RG spot with Long.

To be clear, KC cut both of their starting OT this offseason. Both were on the final years of their deals. Both sustained injuries that mean they will likely miss all or most of this season. Schwartz is rumored to be likely to retire and Fisher might come back but it will be later on if at all.

The likely KC starting line:

LT Brown
LG Thuney
C. Blythe
RG. Long
RT Niang

if that’s the day 1 lineup, then it’s a better line than we had last year.

someone said we traded for Honey Badger. That isn’t true. He was a free agent.

Also, KC seems to be one of the few teams operating with the notion the cap is going to expand greatly with new TV and gambling deals....thus as long as your owner is willing to writesome big bonus checks every year, you can kick that cap can FAR down the road. KC knows what it is doing. Big wide open championship window
I'm not an expert on the chiefs but banking on Niang who was very much a project coming out and Long who has been awful for the better part of a decade doesn't scream improvement to me. Also those 2 being slotted in over Tardif who is very good seems crazy to me, but again I'm no expert there

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It gets your further than a great quarterback and mediocre offensive line.
You get a mediocre QB winning a SB about once a decade. Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Joe Flacco were the last 3 so it's pretty rare.

2 of those had the #1 ranked Ds. The 3rd got an 124 passer rating MVP QB performance (Flacco) with a mid pack OL and a 108 yd kick return. The team that lost that game (49ers) had the #1 ranked OL.
49ers also had the #2 ranked D. Their QB? Kaepernick.

I know a lot of folks would point to last year as proof of the opposite but losing your 2 starting Ts before the big game against a pressure D will do that. It's true that you don't win SBs with really shitty OLs but we all already knew that.

Last edited: