OT- 49ers and seahawks....

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Was just chatting with an old buddy of mine- guy has been a lifelong 9ers fan through good and bad.
He surprised me by saying he doesnt think there is any way in the world the 49ers can top seattle this year.

I share his opinion that the Seahawks are a more complete team, but I dont think the difference is as massive as he makes it out to be.

Does anyone have a strong argument on how the 49ers can take it to seattle in 2014?

What an outstanding division- Arizona was playoff caliber, The rams were killing it when Bradford was in, and the hawks and 9ers.... great division.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps that almost anybody can win or lose in a one game matchup. In this case the divide isn't that large and Kaepernick playing better in the pocket could turn the tide.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The think the Rams will give all of the West teams a run for their money in 2014. They just need a healthy Sam Bradford because their defense should be good, especially their defensive line. It would be nice for the Rams if they drafted Jake Matthews and HaSean Clinton Dix with their first round picks and another wide out in the second round.

I think the 49ers and Seahawks are close with each other. Both have good defenses and a good offensive line.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish misery upon the 49ers because the HC is a douchebag and so is his quarterback. The Seahawks I really don't have much hate for other than Pete.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
The think the Rams will give all of the West teams a run for their money in 2014. They just need a healthy Sam Bradford because their defense should be good, especially their defensive line. It would be nice for the Rams if they drafted Jake Matthews and HaSean Clinton Dix with their first round picks and another wide out in the second round.

I think the 49ers and Seahawks are close with each other. Both have good defenses and a good offensive line.

A healthy Bradford is garbage

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh. Seattle might be the best team on paper, but the best team doesn't always win in the NFL. Especially in the post season.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Was just chatting with an old buddy of mine- guy has been a lifelong 9ers fan through good and bad.
He surprised me by saying he doesnt think there is any way in the world the 49ers can top seattle this year.

I share his opinion that the Seahawks are a more complete team, but I dont think the difference is as massive as he makes it out to be.

Does anyone have a strong argument on how the 49ers can take it to seattle in 2014?

What an outstanding division- Arizona was playoff caliber, The rams were killing it when Bradford was in, and the hawks and 9ers.... great division.

if Seattle secondary is suspended for HGH, Carrol will be exposed as a fraud , such a smarmy dickhead

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He will be a fraud laughing all the way to the bank though, with a super bowl ring on.

Liked Posts:
Crazy how fast that division went from the joke of the NFL to all 4 teams being solid

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Without that BS call against New Orleans, SF wins the division and hosts the NFCCG.

I think your friend sounds like a pessimist.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Without that BS call against New Orleans, SF wins the division and hosts the NFCCG.

I think your friend sounds like a pessimist.

Frankly the Seahawks would have still probably beat them at frisco.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frankly the Seahawks would have still probably beat them at frisco.

SF had a lead in the 4th Quarter... who knows. SF also wouldn't have had to play GB and Carolina on the road. The point is that there isn't that big a gap IMO.

mecha

Liked Posts:
NFC Championship was actually a very close game. Seahawks didn't exactly dominate. if Kaepernick was Alex Smith, the 49ers probably win that game. he regressed a lot in 1 season. still pisses me off that the Seahawks won the super bowl, especially the way they did it.

I've probably commented a few times here about how the NFC West was a total joke and all the teams improved a lot. even the Cardinals were pretty decent. the AFC was like 3 teams, the NFC was stacked. get sick of hearing about "the cloudy NFC playoff picture"

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFC Championship was actually a very close game. Seahawks didn't exactly dominate. if Kaepernick was Alex Smith, the 49ers probably win that game. he regressed a lot in 1 season. still pisses me off that the Seahawks won the super bowl, especially the way they did it.

I've probably commented a few times here about how the NFC West was a total joke and all the teams improved a lot. even the Cardinals were pretty decent. the AFC was like 3 teams, the NFC was stacked. get sick of hearing about "the cloudy NFC playoff picture"

I think the Seahawks would kill Alex Smith.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
SF had a lead in the 4th Quarter... who knows. SF also wouldn't have had to play GB and Carolina on the road. The point is that there isn't that big a gap IMO.

Agreed. I think SF have a great chance of winning it all. They had a bunch of offensive weapons injured most of last year. Fully healthy they might have the most talented roster in football.