OT- 49ers and seahawks....

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I think SF have a great chance of winning it all. They had a bunch of offensive weapons injured most of last year. Fully healthy they might have the most talented roster in football.

True they might have one of the most talented rosters in football but Kaep is overrated and struggles during the pressure situations verse better opponents. As long as Wilson and SEA defense keeps playing at a high level they will keep being the superior team because of the QB position but SF aint far behind.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True they might have one of the most talented rosters in football but Kaep is overrated and struggles during the pressure situations verse better opponents. As long as Wilson and SEA defense keeps playing at a high level they will keep being the superior team because of the QB position but SF aint far behind.

I disagree about Kaep. He's the alpha of the new breed of QB. He can beat you in the air and on the ground. People are going to downgrade him because for two main reasons - he doesn't put up video game numbers, because he doesn't need to, and because for some reason he's very unpopular on this board (mostly jealous Cutler fanboys is my suspicion).

But he's great.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I used to like Kaep until I found out just how much of a cocky asshole he is. The fame went to his head with half a fucking season as a starter. He doesn't deserve success if he acts like king ding-a-ling without having done shit. Its why I was happy for Russell Wilson for winning the SB. There is a kid with a hell of a lot of talent who is as humble as can be, puts his head down and does work. Wilson's brain in Kaepernick's body would have resulted in consecutive SB titles with that Seahawks defense.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I used to like Kaep until I found out just how much of a cocky asshole he is. The fame went to his head with half a fucking season as a starter. He doesn't deserve success if he acts like king ding-a-ling without having done shit. Its why I was happy for Russell Wilson for winning the SB. There is a kid with a hell of a lot of talent who is as humble as can be, puts his head down and does work. Wilson's brain in Kaepernick's body would have resulted in consecutive SB titles with that Seahawks defense.

how I feel about Kaep. I think he's got the physical gifts to make it all click and be monstrous. what he's done so far hasn't really warranted shit IMO. don't get the praise for him based on that criteria. Wilson's a good kid but he hasn't really done shit either. "video game numbers"? 130 yards a game passing isn't even "not video game numbers". it's "your team has carried you more than Kyle Orton got carried". he's a physical specimen too though, for being short for the position. I think both players could be great someday. difference is Wilson didn't need to, Kaep just kinda sucked balls. threw game-ending picks too. where's the hate for that when you people blame Cutler for being turnover-prone?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree about Kaep. He's the alpha of the new breed of QB. He can beat you in the air and on the ground. People are going to downgrade him because for two main reasons - he doesn't put up video game numbers, because he doesn't need to, and because for some reason he's very unpopular on this board (mostly jealous Cutler fanboys is my suspicion).

But he's great.
Cutler fanboys love picking out the flaws of other more successful QBs.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Yeah, yeah...strong teams, very solid division. Fuck 'em both.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

But he's great.

I disagree, I really don't see Kaep as great QB or ever getting there. Of course we will eventually find out who is right. I think he is unpopular with most people, not just this forum. Kaep kind of presents himself as a douche and people don't like him for it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Was just chatting with an old buddy of mine- guy has been a lifelong 9ers fan through good and bad.
He surprised me by saying he doesnt think there is any way in the world the 49ers can top seattle this year.

I share his opinion that the Seahawks are a more complete team, but I dont think the difference is as massive as he makes it out to be.

Does anyone have a strong argument on how the 49ers can take it to seattle in 2014?

What an outstanding division- Arizona was playoff caliber, The rams were killing it when Bradford was in, and the hawks and 9ers.... great division.

Does anyone have a strong argument on how the 49ers can take it to Seattle in 2014?

MINIMIZE TURNOVERS

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
how I feel about Kaep. I think he's got the physical gifts to make it all click and be monstrous. what he's done so far hasn't really warranted shit IMO. don't get the praise for him based on that criteria. Wilson's a good kid but he hasn't really done shit either. "video game numbers"? 130 yards a game passing isn't even "not video game numbers". it's "your team has carried you more than Kyle Orton got carried". he's a physical specimen too though, for being short for the position. I think both players could be great someday. difference is Wilson didn't need to, Kaep just kinda sucked balls. threw game-ending picks too. where's the hate for that when you people blame Cutler for being turnover-prone?

1) Have you checked Wilson's passer rating for the years he's been in the NFL???

2) Already Kap has taken his team deep into the playoffs....PLUS HE OWNS THE GREEN BAY PACKERS.

3) jay has done none of the above in all years in the NFL. His accomplishments (vs. Wilson & Kap) PALE BY COMPARISON.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
stay healthy... Don't turn the ball over, make Russell Wilson be the guy to beat you...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
1) Have you checked Wilson's passer rating for the years he's been in the NFL???

2) Already Kap has taken his team deep into the playoffs....PLUS HE OWNS THE GREEN BAY PACKERS.

3) jay has done none of the above in all years in the NFL. His accomplishments (vs. Wilson & Kap) PALE BY COMPARISON.

Have you checked his attempts per game... or what actual scouts say about Wilson?

He is a game manager who throws the ball 23 times per game on average.... He throws the ball 23 times a game for many reasons...

His running back is awesome... his defense is the best in the league and one of the best of all time... he struggles from the pocket...

Open your fucking eyes....

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Kaep will be kept on a short leash this coming year. There is something about this guy that screams over-rated. I do not think that the guy will be an accurate passer enough to inspire confidence for his team. He is a very good athlete but his athleticism in not a stitch better than Cutler who is world's better as a passer. I would not be surprised if the 49ers do not use a 3rd round pick on a good college qb in this draft.

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
I think that Kaep will be kept on a short leash this coming year. There is something about this guy that screams over-rated. I do not think that the guy will be an accurate passer enough to inspire confidence for his team. He is a very good athlete but his athleticism in not a stitch better than Cutler who is world's better as a passer. I would not be surprised if the 49ers do not use a 3rd round pick on a good college qb in this draft.

Kapernick's good enough to win a superbowl with which is obvious enough as the 49ers were close in the last two years. However anyone that doesn't believe that the Niners are built on a creative and punishing rushing attack and a very talented/stout defense isn't paying attention. If Kapernick was forced to play from behind consistently as a result of a poor defense he would absolutely be exposed.

As it is however he fits that team and their personality very well and you could absolutely win with him despite his deficiencies as opposed to someone like Andy Dalton who is clearly holding an extremely talented team back.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Kapernick's good enough to win a superbowl with which is obvious enough as the 49ers were close in the last two years. However anyone that doesn't believe that the Niners are built on a creative and punishing rushing attack and a very talented/stout defense isn't paying attention. If Kapernick was forced to play from behind consistently as a result of a poor defense he would absolutely be exposed.

As it is however he fits that team and their personality very well and you could absolutely win with him despite his deficiencies as opposed to someone like Andy Dalton who is clearly holding an extremely talented team back.

I agree with this. Kaep is on a team with a lot of talent on offense and defense. Right now the 49ers can win with him. Put Kaep on a team with less talent and the guy is going to be exposed.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I think SF have a great chance of winning it all. They had a bunch of offensive weapons injured most of last year. Fully healthy they might have the most talented roster in football.

Who exactly are the "bunch" of offensive weapons that the 9ers were missing again? Crabtree for 10 games...mediocre. They had Gore, Boldin, and Vernon the whole year.

Didn't you mean to say that the Seahawks had the missing offense? A pro bowler wr in Sidney Rice gone this year and Percy Harvin...gone this year. That is their #1 & #2 wrs they were missing the WHOLE year basically. Thay is crazy! Not to mention 3 OL missing a number of games. Also they were missing LBers too.

We all saw what Seattle does to SF. They destroy Crapernick and the 9ers offense by multiple scores...without Harvin too. That is pretty scary. Seattle has the best roster in football and I think they will repeat

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

Great post! Bearlick is really biased bc he said that Crapernick would be the next HOF qb on this board last year and he has been eating crow ever since. Pretty funny stuff. Crapernick is a great runner but as Montana said and all saw, he is raw as a qb. He doesn't go through his progressions, has bad accuracy, and makes some poor decisions along with lacking touch on his fastballs. As we saw last year, once he is behind and is forced to pass like vs Seattle twice, the Colts, the Saints, and Panthers (1st game) he can't throw for garbage yards or even a garbage score. He didn't even break 200 yards in those games and threw picks...pretty bad.

Wilson on the other hand had some awesome games in 2012 with yards and tds. He has good accuracy and great touch on his passes. Wilson did good with average weapons at wr and te while Crapernick did bad with Boldin, Davis, and Crabtree. Seattle has the better qb, rb, D, ST, and most importantly qb

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great post! Bearlick is really biased bc he said that Crapernick would be the next HOF qb on this board last year and he has been eating crow ever since.

Lol wut? Superbowl and NFC title game in his first two years as a starter. Plus 13 TD-int differential and a 92 (94 career) rating for a running QB. Lmao @ me being the one eating crow. No wonder you were voted worst poster on here by your peers. And I don't know why you're comparing him to Wilson in a reply to me; I think he's great too. Both already better than Cutler, both in terms of numbers and achievements.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
SF lost on the last play in the NFC championship game. A better throw, and SF wins.
"No way" they can top Seattle? "No way" I would agree with that.

And BTW, the Rams are pretty good and on the way up, but they were nowhere close to "killing it" when Bradford was in.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but Kaep had a poor game in the NFC championship when it counted. He made some plays but also threw a limp-wristed pick, and had a qbr of 27.0 in the second half. Leaving aside the irrelevant discussion of his personality and of course the strength of Seattle's defense, the fact remains that great players get it done in big games. He just plain didn't, but he's young and who is to say he won't bounce back the same way Newton did in his third season.