1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
FWIW Cutler's positives from Narwocki
BgygCTaCMAA7_He.png

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I think SF have a great chance of winning it all. They had a bunch of offensive weapons injured most of last year. Fully healthy they might have the most talented roster in football.

I think they are having troubles within right now. Trouble with Harbaugh started when he was mentioned in a potential trade with Cleveland and I've been reading bad things ever since. Apparently some of the players have thrown him under the bus.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they are having troubles within right now. Trouble with Harbaugh started when he was mentioned in a potential trade with Cleveland and I've been reading bad things ever since. Apparently some of the players have thrown him under the bus.

I agreed very much with this article that I read this morning about the situation.

RonnieLott42

Liked Posts:
Wow, you are a natural fit for this forum, thinking Cutler's numbers are "good" and comparable to Ryan, Stafford, and Romo.

Welcome to CCS!

LOL I should have said fantasy numbers. All of them end up passing a lot to make up for less than average defenses or did last year at least. Usually have one or two of them on my fantasy teams.

RonnieLott42

Liked Posts:
I think you guys are selling the new Smith short.
The story of the Colts playoff game was the miracle fumble recovery for a td that won the Colts the game, but had that not happened and the chiefs defense not caved like a house of cards, the story would have been all smith all day.
He put up 378 yards passing, 4 tds, and 57 yards rushing... after Charles went out early. The Chiefs should have been dead in the water without Charles, and Smith led them to a 38-10 lead before Reid took his foot off the gas.
Smith is a resurgent player. Not near the run threat as Kaepernick, but the guy has a pretty bright future ahead of him.

I was surprised that Smith had that in him but Reid got more out of him than Roman did. Smith didn't get much of a chance to throw it down field because Harbaugh's doesn't risk turning the ball over. Roman's passing offense isn't very QB friendly often having only one or two targets while the others are decoys or blockers. 105 field goals over the last three seasons and last or near last in passing attempts. That's still points but teams have to take some chances in the playoffs when they play teams like Seattle.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL I should have said fantasy numbers. All of them end up passing a lot to make up for less than average defenses or did last year at least. Usually have one or two of them on my fantasy teams.

Cutler's fantasy numbers are awful. He has the TD production of a game manager with the turnovers of a gunslinger. That's why he's usually viewed as around the 16th-20th fantasy QB in most preseason fantasy draft articles.

(Although, since the Bears now have enough top weapons that a high school coach was able to outperform him, that may change next year).

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler's fantasy numbers are awful. He has the TD production of a game manager with the turnovers of a gunslinger. That's why he's usually viewed as around the 16th-20th fantasy QB in most preseason fantast draft articles.

(Although, since the Bears now have enough top weapons that a high school coach was able to outperform him, that may change next year).

They weren't awful last year at all but carry on with your usual bullshit

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
A thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the Bears, or even QBs in general, somehow ends up about Cutler. Who saw that coming?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was just responding to dude's assertion about Cutler as a fantasy QB :shrug:

RonnieLott42

Liked Posts:
They certainly could have won that game and probably should have won the game. I do think, though, that the game plan with Smith as a qb would have been a lot different than with Kaep. I think that it would have featured more of a short pinpoint quick release type of offense ala McCown . The niners really didn't have a running game other than Kaeps scrambles because Seattle knew that Kaep couldn't beat them with his arm and bunched up to stop Gore and to try and contain Kaep.

I am just saying that they might have had a better chance with Smith in that particular game. I hate the Seahawks by the way and wanted like hell the niners to win.

Sorry, I mistook you for a Seahawks fan with your name. I understand what you're saying Hawk and it works in theory but with Seattle stretching the 5 yard holding zone downfield and the "relaxed" PI calls in the playoffs, Smith would have been stuck with the ball in his hands with nowhere to go with it. Why the league decided to allow teams "to play defense" after all the rule changes favoring offenses the last few years was puzzling. Seattle made the plays they had to make and won.