OT- 49ers and seahawks....

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Niner fan here and I have to ask, why the Harbaugh hate? Also I agree with the people that say Kaepernick needs to get better with his accuracy. I believe he will get better as a passer with time. He's made his share of mistakes along the way but usually makes a play when needed. Not always but usually. Harbaugh's Bo Schembechler offense along with OC Greg Roman have been great for the run game too but have not developed CK into a passing QB as much as they could have. Now it's getting to be time to pay him and that will ost likely have repercussions on the defensive side of the ball.

Wilson is a very good QB who had the advantage of playing in a pro-style offense at Wisconsin which no doubt helped his transition. Make no mistake though, he can be much more than a game manager and can put that team on his back if need be. Wilson, Newton, Luck, RG111 and Kaepernick will push each other and the vets to get better so most of their games will improve. With 4 out of the 5 in the NFC that conference will be something to see for the next decade. Just my 2 cents..

I never have been a fan of the 49ers, at least no since Fast Eddie D, the mobster, ran the team. I do like Harbaugh, though. I just do not think that Kaep is all that the niners fans think he is. He might make it as an NFL qb but what will happen when his legs are hobbled. Right now, he is a below average passer and I question his throwing decisions. I also just get the feeling that he campaigned for the qb job when Smith was there. I do not think Harbaugh made the correct decision when he replaced Smith back then.

RonnieLott42

Liked Posts:
I never have been a fan of the 49ers, at least no since Fast Eddie D, the mobster, ran the team. I do like Harbaugh, though. I just do not think that Kaep is all that the niners fans think he is. He might make it as an NFL qb but what will happen when his legs are hobbled. Right now, he is a below average passer and I question his throwing decisions. I also just get the feeling that he campaigned for the qb job when Smith was there. I do not think Harbaugh made the correct decision when he replaced Smith back then.

As far as mobsters go most of the league was built with illegal money from bookies, bootleggers and gamblers. Niners included. Look up "The NFL's Dirty Secret" at the san diego reader.

There are many NFL and Niner fans that don't like Kaepernick and never will, in part because of the Alex Smith situation and other reasons. He was Harbaughs choice so it was just a matter of time until the change was made and the concussion provided that opportunity. Everyone has their opinions regarding the timing of the switch and the reasoning behind it.
It's difficult to guess what Harbaugh and the Niners saw in practice every day from the two though. JH thought it was the right time. They knew what they had in Alex and what his max potential was in their system. They were trying to get past the Giants then and my guess is Harbaugh thought CK could exploit a weakness in their D.

Kaepernick, like every QB in the league, has his share of faults. No one can deny that. All Niner fans can hope for is that he learns and gets better before the defense gets too old. If you remember Steve Young was rough around the edges when he went to SF but Holmgren and Shanahan helped settle him down and become an accurate pocket passer. It took time though.

As a Seahawks fan do you think that Smith could have done better in the NFCCG?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Great points, except it's all invented. Challenging you again to find anything to support your madness and lies.

I'm actually intrigued with your state, mental health vs. Meds vs. plain 'tarded. All 3? Fascinating.....

If you're going to reply, bring back one of my quotes or end this nonsense.

So you mean to tell me that I was replying to someone else that said the Bears d would struggle in 2012? The same guy named Preparation X that a few posts up stated that we had a dialogue about the Bears D in regards to 2012 & 2013? Mental health? Lol Pot meet kettle. I know a few doctors at U.C.L.A. that could help you out with that short term memory loss and a few mechanics to help you out with that Winnebago. :shot:

Don't ever change Racer X..please. And you never said such things....it was Preparation X.

Now try posting something about Seattle or the 9ers. It is the topic in this thread and I posted something caled a fact that Crapernick was DEAD LAST in the NFL in accuracy under pressure. Tell us how great he is again..and try not to bring up a certain Bears qb when you can't comment on that little fact

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do think that Smith could have beat the Seahawks because he is a better game manager than Kaep and a more accurate passer. Truth is, I do not think that either of those guys are what the niners need though to beat the Seahawks. Just for shits and grins, if I were them, I'd try and get Johnny Football:)

RonnieLott42

Liked Posts:
I do think that Smith could have beat the Seahawks because he is a better game manager than Kaep and a more accurate passer. Truth is, I do not think that either of those guys are what the niners need though to beat the Seahawks. Just for shits and grins, if I were them, I'd try and get Johnny Football:)

I guess we have to agree to disagree about Smith. Personally, I don't think he would have made it to halftime against the Seahawks passrush. The Niners run game was going no where and most of the yardage was gained by Kaepernick on busted plays or designed QB runs. You think Smith makes the jump pass to Boldin? Alex can run when he has to but I don't see him doing nearly enough to keep the Niners close.
I gather that you think the Niners had no chance to win at the end of that game?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So you mean to tell me that I was replying to someone else that said the Bears d would struggle in 2012? The same guy named Preparation X that a few posts up stated that we had a dialogue about the Bears D in regards to 2012 & 2013? Mental health? Lol Pot meet kettle. I know a few doctors at U.C.L.A. that could help you out with that short term memory loss and a few mechanics to help you out with that Winnebago. :shot:

Don't ever change Racer X..please. And you never said such things....it was Preparation X.

Now try posting something about Seattle or the 9ers. It is the topic in this thread and I posted something caled a fact that Crapernick was DEAD LAST in the NFL in accuracy under pressure. Tell us how great he is again..and try not to bring up a certain Bears qb when you can't comment on that little fact

In some context I likely said the Bears D personnel were set for a rapid decline, but the only debate we had was you attempting to convince me the Bears D was better than the Niners. The context I recall is I said the Bears' had a dearth of young talent and the "stars" were long in the tooth and had lots of miles on the odometer. /debate.

As for bringing up a certain bears QB, you are a piece of work, as far as I can recall i have never once on this board or any other shared my opinion of Jay Cutler. Not good, not bad, not anything. No one knows (or cares) what I think of Cutler as a Bears' QB, and the reason for that is I quit posting about Bears QBs back on the Rex-Ortin era, I realized quickly it was a monumental waste of time debating the merits of any Bears QB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow, you are a natural fit for this forum, thinking Cutler's numbers are "good" and comparable to Ryan, Stafford, and Romo.

Welcome to CCS!

I saw that yesterday and was going to comment on it, but I decided not to bother this time around.

But yeah, lol @ good numbers.

I don't think non-Bears fans really grasp just how relatively bad Cutler's numbers are compared to the QBs he's usually compared to, such as Tony Romo and Matt Ryan.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw that yesterday and was going to comment on it, but I decided not to bother this time around.

But yeah, lol @ good numbers.

I don't think non-Bears fans really grasp just how relatively bad Cutler's numbers are compared to the QBs he's usually compared to, such as Tony Romo and Matt Ryan.

Cutler has a spell on all NFL fans.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess we have to agree to disagree about Smith. Personally, I don't think he would have made it to halftime against the Seahawks passrush. The Niners run game was going no where and most of the yardage was gained by Kaepernick on busted plays or designed QB runs. You think Smith makes the jump pass to Boldin? Alex can run when he has to but I don't see him doing nearly enough to keep the Niners close.
I gather that you think the Niners had no chance to win at the end of that game?

I think you guys are selling the new Smith short.
The story of the Colts playoff game was the miracle fumble recovery for a td that won the Colts the game, but had that not happened and the chiefs defense not caved like a house of cards, the story would have been all smith all day.
He put up 378 yards passing, 4 tds, and 57 yards rushing... after Charles went out early. The Chiefs should have been dead in the water without Charles, and Smith led them to a 38-10 lead before Reid took his foot off the gas.
Smith is a resurgent player. Not near the run threat as Kaepernick, but the guy has a pretty bright future ahead of him.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here are Matt Ryan's 2013 numbers...and people are bitching about his contract and wondering if he is the "answer" for Atlanta...

4515 yards, 26 TDs, 17 INTs, 67.4%, 89.6 rating.

Here are Jay Cutler's 2013 numbers...and he was just given a huge contract after being sorely outplayed by his backup...

2621 yards, 19 TDs, 12 INTs, 63.1%, 89.2 rating.

Tony Romo's 2013 numbers:
3828 yards, 31 TDs, 10 INTs, 63.9%, 96.7 rating.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tony Romo's 2013 numbers:
3828 yards, 31 TDs, 10 INTs, 63.9%, 96.7 rating.

Romo is by a long shot the most unfairly treated QB by the media.
Mind blowing factoid... when looking at the 5+ year players in the history of the league, Romo and Rodgers are the only 2 that have never had a season with a passer rating of under 90.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Romo is by a long shot the most unfairly treated QB by the media.
Mind blowing factoid... when looking at the 5+ year players in the history of the league, Romo and Rodgers are the only 2 that have never had a season with a passer rating of under 90.

Pretty spectacular. Romo can have a down season, lead the NFL in interceptions, and it'd still be easily better than any season Cutler has had.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They certainly could have won that game and probably should have won the game. I do think, though, that the game plan with Smith as a qb would have been a lot different than with Kaep. I think that it would have featured more of a short pinpoint quick release type of offense ala McCown . The niners really didn't have a running game other than Kaeps scrambles because Seattle knew that Kaep couldn't beat them with his arm and bunched up to stop Gore and to try and contain Kaep.

I am just saying that they might have had a better chance with Smith in that particular game. I hate the Seahawks by the way and wanted like hell the niners to win.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Romo to me is the poor mans version of Bret Favre. His only weakness is that he makes too many bad decisions late in the game.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This Cutler against whoever discussion needs to consider that Cutler until this last year had a crap offensive line. Also that the Bear's offense is more balanced than the offenses for the other qbs mentioned. Cutler is a good quarterback. Not a great one.But neither are Romo and Ryan. Both have warts.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This Cutler against whoever discussion needs to consider that Cutler until this last year had a crap offensive line. Also that the Bear's offense is more balanced than the offenses for the other qbs mentioned. Cutler is a good quarterback. Not a great one.But neither are Romo and Ryan. Both have warts.

I feel like I've said this before but even when Cutler was one of the least sacked QB's in NFL history he had the same exact issues he still has to this day.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I feel like I've said this before but even when Cutler was one of the least sacked QB's in NFL history he had the same exact issues he still has to this day.

From 2006...
BgySDW3CIAAHz-W.png

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They certainly could have won that game and probably should have won the game. I do think, though, that the game plan with Smith as a qb would have been a lot different than with Kaep. I think that it would have featured more of a short pinpoint quick release type of offense ala McCown . The niners really didn't have a running game other than Kaeps scrambles because Seattle knew that Kaep couldn't beat them with his arm and bunched up to stop Gore and to try and contain Kaep.

I am just saying that they might have had a better chance with Smith in that particular game. I hate the Seahawks by the way and wanted like hell the niners to win.
I was pulling for the 9ers as well... cant stand them but I hate them less than the seahawks.