HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It hides it when they have 1 loss, too (like Cutler). Its not measuring total losses, its measuring the amount of losses against the amount of wins. Having 9 losses in 9 games is worse than having 9 losses in 18 games.

Why is this so difficult for you?

What sounds more flattering or favorable to you? Saying a quarterback has a .500 record or saying he has 9 wins to 9 losses? Like I said...hides the number of losses...Do you always require people to repeat themselves to you several times before a concept sinks in?

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its not even remotely difficult to comprehend that added SB wins goes a long way to making other playoff losses inconsequential. Alas you can't change history. He has but one SB win and it was handed to him by his defense after he nearly fubared it away.

Karma for all the times his team collapsed around him? He's been to three Super Bowls. I don't think any QB can get to three Super Bowls and be a "choker". One would think that if the QB was a choker he wouldn't get to three SB's to begin with.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What sounds more flattering or favorable to you? Saying a quarterback has a .500 record or saying he has 9 wins to 18 losses?Like I said...hides the number of losses...Do you always require people to repeat themselves to you several times before a concept sinks in?

That's not a .500 record.

FAIL LEVEL: EPIC

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I was not even paying attention. I just repeated his numbers. Clerical error doesn't change what I was saying anyways but you're welcome to imagining so.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What sounds more flattering or favorable to you? Saying a quarterback has a .500 record or saying he has 9 wins to 9 losses? Like I said...hides the number of losses...Do you always require people to repeat themselves to you several times before a concept sinks in?

I fully understand that one team wins and one team loses and everything equals .500 in the end. I think it is a terribly misleading stat to use when measuring a QB in the playoffs though, especially if comparing playoff percentage to regular season percentage to try to determine if they are a "choker".

If just looking at one season, the way the playoffs are set up it means that most playoff quarterbacks were "chokers" this season if .500 or worse is the criteria.

Only 3 teams were better than .500 (Seahawks 3-0, Broncos 2-1, 49ers 2-1). So you had 3 quarterbacks that were proven playoff winners this year and two of the three were just 1 game above .500.

2013 (or 14) playoff choke list:
Brees (1-1)
Alex Smith (0-1)
Luck (1-1)
Brady (1-1)
Foles (0-1)
Rivers (1-1)
Cam (0-1)
Rodgers (0-1)
Dalton (0-1)

But even though Peyton is in company with Kaeperasshole and Russell Wilson as the only winning playoff QB's in the playoffs this year he's labeled a choker for it. It makes no sense.

JPPT1974

Autumn Winds of September!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Seattle Mariners
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. New Orleans Pelicans
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Seahawks and 49ers are the best rivals next to, Packers and Bears, Redskins and Cowboys, in the NFL these days!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's funny how the Kaep haters are virtually all the biggest Cutler fanboys. Jealousy is a horrible thing.

whats interesting is the jay-fanboys never want to discuss why Kap owns the Packers and jay is the Packers b$&ch

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
whats interesting is the jay-fanboys never want to discuss why Kap owns the Packers and jay is the Packers b$&ch

I always find it funny that those that talk about Jay the most are the ones who hate him most.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
You are awesome, Guano! "Posting garbage and blow up your own arguments" - from the guy voted Worst Poster in this MB, hmmmmm.......

Kind of like.....Wilson is a better runner than Kap, err, Kap, derp, they are equal, derp! If only the other fecal 'gator was still around this MB would be that much more entertaining.

Again Preparation X...reading comp is fun and challenging. I said Wilson is a better qb as the subject was about that. Kaep is a great runner. But nice call on Kaep being the next great qb, but then again your usual garbage is a lot worse than that horrible prediction with Bearlike but ohhh soo funny.

Thanks for being you.....and changing the subject as usual when you have nothing to say. Try not to blow up your own posts again

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
It's funny how the Kaep haters are virtually all the biggest Cutler fanboys. Jealousy is a horrible thing.

There you go again pulling a Racer X and bringing up Cutler when we are talking about Seattle/9ers because you have nothing to respond when your future HOF Crapernick regressed and was exposed...bad. Great defense of your great call on Kaep being a HOFer. Maybe next time wait another year or five before you make such a joke of a post

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No I made a very specific distinction that the best of all time shouldn't also have a giant hole in their game, the post season. You can attempt to twist my statements in whatever convoluted way you prefer. The point remains the same. He is lacking a very important part to be considered the best of all time. Being a regular season god does not make up for under-performing when it counts the most. It also happens to be a double standard since damn near no one else in the league would be given that much rope.

I do not see a double standard... unless you want to call it a double standard against manning in brady's favor.

The difference is that Manning pretty much carries his team on his back, with little help from a running game or defense.

We can compare manning to Brady... And I would say Brady is widely considered the most "clutch" playoff QB of this era, for whatever you think that is worth.
Brady gets the edge with his early wins on the back of some pretty damn good defensive showings.
But, Since Indy beat the pats in 2006 and won the super bowl, Brady and the pats have been to 2 superbowls, lost both, and went 6-6.
Manning on both teams has been to 2 super bowls and lost both, and gone 4-6.

I dont really see a huge edge there.

Really, I see mannings teams over achieving due to his success much more so than other QBs around the league, and they are far less likely to win without a stellar game from manning whereas Brady et-al have a little wiggle room.

Since 2007, Manning has been unable to advance in the playoffs if he has an off day- He is 0-5 in playoff games when he has less than a 2-1 td to int outing.
Brady on the other hand has advanced 3 times throwing more interceptions than touchdowns.

Brady has put up 16 points per game in his 6 losses since 2007, and his defenses have given up 25.5 points per game.
Manning has put up 19.5 per game in losses, and his D has given up 30 points per game.

Brady won his super bowls with the 1st, 2nd, and 6th ranked scoring D in the league.
Manning won his with the 23rd ranked scoring d.

Brady lost 2 super bowls with the 4th ranked scoring defense and the 15th ranked scoring defense.
Manning lost 2 super bowls with the 8th ranked scoring defense and the 22nd ranked scoring defense.

I really do not see Brady as more clutch, I just see him as having an outstanding defense to bail him out in the big games.

The best part about this conversation is that it is going to rage on forever just as it stands with no clear answer. I believe both Manning and Brady have seen their last super bowls.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There you go again pulling a Racer X and bringing up Cutler when we are talking about Seattle/9ers because you have nothing to respond when your future HOF Crapernick regressed and was exposed...bad. Great defense of your great call on Kaep being a HOFer. Maybe next time wait another year or five before you make such a joke of a post

I bring up Cutler because I'm a Bears fan, and at the end of the day, his is the only QB performance I could really give two shits about. Kaepernick isn't "my" anything because I'm not a Niners fan. I put this down to your excruciating stupidity, but you seem unable to avoid conflating what people say they think will happen, with what they want to happen. This is a Bears board, so it shouldn't surprise you that Cutler is mentioned in QB discussions.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seahawks and 49ers are the best rivals next to, Packers and Bears, Redskins and Cowboys, in the NFL these days!

I'd have to put the Giants and Cowboys in there somewhere. Also, as far as rivalries go, even though both teams have fallen on bad times, the Raiders and Chargers are right up there. The fans HATE each other.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would have to say the Niners Seahawks are the top rivalry right now seeing as they're also the two best teams. A good, physical rivalry with bad blood between players. They've very quickly become the rivalry that the Steelers and Ravens were just a few years ago. It's great.

Cowboys and Redskins are still a good fan rivalry but both teams suck. Bears Packers is kind of hard to take seriously as a rivalry because it's so one-sided.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Cutler but do think that he is a good quarterback. That being said, I think Kaep is pretty over-rated right now. Great athlete but not a very good over-all qb. Frankly, if he doesn't perform better next season, I do not see the niners standing pat with him. Harbaugh is a loose cannon.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I bring up Cutler because I'm a Bears fan, and at the end of the day, his is the only QB performance I could really give two shits about. Kaepernick isn't "my" anything because I'm not a Niners fan. I put this down to your excruciating stupidity, but you seem unable to avoid conflating what people say they think will happen, with what they want to happen. This is a Bears board, so it shouldn't surprise you that Cutler is mentioned in QB discussions.

Look at the title of this thread...then look at what player you always bring up bc your stupidity is 2nd to none. Are you serious or really that dense? Wow

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I always find it funny that those that talk about Jay the most are the ones who hate him most.

If you want to equate "hate" to the expectation of consistent, high-levels of performance from the Qb position, then so be it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Kap can retire right now and would have done more in his short career than jay has ever accomplished in 7 yrs

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
So...the title of this thread is "Kaepernick vs. Wilson"? Because (thankfully) thats what you seem to be limiting your idiotic responses to.

Really? I could have sworn I have also posted Seattle is a better and more talented team than the 9ers...and obviously proved it again and again you moron. Do you even think before you post or is your hate and Kindercare education taking over as usual?

You should try reading before you blow yourself up...again :slap: Thanks for being Fecal Sparrow